1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which search engine is using Latent Semantic Indexing?

Discussion in 'Google' started by jasn009, Nov 4, 2009.

HI,
    i want to know that Which search engine is using Latent Semantic Indexing? and can you please let me give a example that i could know reading or viewing example of LSI that its being use by this particular search engine and this is keywords.

I read many articles but that were not so clear, i know from theory that what is LSI, but please any one show some example so that i could have more clear understanding of it.

Thanks

jasn009, Nov 4, 2009 IP
  2. jasn009

jasn009 Active Member

Best Answers:
    is there some one who be able to answer my question in this forum?

jasn009, Nov 4, 2009 IP
  3. FREE BET

FREE BET Peon

Best Answers:
    It has to do with using similar keywords or keywords one would associate with the particular phrase you are optimizing for, Google is using it and will do so more in the future

FREE BET, Nov 4, 2009 IP
  4. jasn009

jasn009 Active Member

Best Answers:
    as i said above i already read much theory about this, can some one tell me some live example of this.

thanks

jasn009, Nov 4, 2009 IP
  5. magda

magda Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Nobody is using Latent Semantic Indexing.

Google has been using a cruder way of judging semantic relationships in their algo - they used it in adwords first (and anyone who has experience of their broad matching knows how crude it can be) - they've filed a number of patents since 2000 on phrase match indexing and meaningful compounds and semantic units.
    But cracking matching the relationship of every word and phrase to every other word and phrase isn't here yet.

magda, Nov 4, 2009 IP
  6. jasn009

jasn009 Active Member

Best Answers:
    It means Latent Semantic Indexing is now only theory, there is no search engine who is using LSI, I can understand they why Famous SEO Companies are asking is your site LSI Optimized, if not then we are do it, :D

When no search engine it using it, then we can't get any benefit from those guys who are asking that they will LSI optimize my site.

jasn009, Nov 4, 2009 IP
  7. magda

magda Notable Member

Best Answers:
    A lot of "seo -ers" will make claims about optimising for LSI, when they just mean basic synonym matching, and putting some variety into your keywords - its one of those things that sounds/looks impressive, and gives the impression that you're doing something very scientific but the majority of people who make claims about it have actually very little idea what it means, and wouldn't think to look at what patents Google has actually taken out.

magda, Nov 4, 2009 IP
    jasn009 likes this.
  8. jasn009

jasn009 Active Member

Best Answers:
    HI,
    thanks magda for your reply and such a good answer,
    can you please give me url link where i could read about this all patent that google tried many times and some more things,

any way thanks a lot.

jasn009, Nov 4, 2009 IP
  9. vivesoftech

vivesoftech Peon

Best Answers:
    LSI is important you can check it with ~ operator, Search ~SEO in Google.com you will see the words closly related with SEO. You can read more about this at seobook.com/archives/000657.shtml ( Sorry I cannot post link till 7 days its RULE )

vivesoftech, Nov 5, 2009 IP