1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What do you think about my redesigned "index.html" page ??

Discussion in 'Websites' started by tayiper, Oct 6, 2006.

For instance, could anyone please tell me, is the "index.html" page any better now (btw. previously it looked somehow like this one here: "index.html") after I've added a sort of a "site-map" onto it ??

You see, the reason for doing this is that I got "hints" on forum that this initial "index.html" page somehow doesn't look interesting and that it doesn't tell enough about the site in general so that many potential visitors probably leave this particular page (and of course, the "whole" site too) after a few seconds or so, without even knowing that there are "tons" of content further burried into the site's sub-directories.

Of course, all they would need to do to "discover" all the content would be to click on the "Enter the site's "intro.html" page by clicking this text ..." link and so enter the first one of "real" pages, or better yet, the first "content" page.

And please, any suggesitons for improvement, comments (i.e. "constructive criticism") and so on are more than welcomed ...

P.S. -- Also, I am planning to put this "site-map" into a list element, while I will also change the mark.png graphic's colour (or change/remove it completely) and other things too.

tayiper

tayiper, Oct 6, 2006 IP
  2. mastermemei

mastermemei Banned

Best Answers:
    my comment is , I think you should use a (color) background or a divisiion for the navigation and banner so it wont look cluttered:)

mastermemei, Oct 7, 2006 IP