1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

HTC or... HTC?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Hosting24, Oct 21, 2009.

Hello everyone,

I'm looking to upgrade my current smartphone and choosing between HTC Touch Pro 2 and HD2.

I understand HD2 has better tech parameters and it's completely new phone, but I believe I will need to have "normal" keyboard because phone is used for business tasks like browsing the Internet, planning appointments, etc. And Touch Pro 2 offers normal keyboard, what I really like.

However, I would be interested to hear your comments/opinions/suggestions, Just keep in mind I need phone for business purposes and I don't need "just another toy".

Hosting24, Oct 21, 2009 IP
  2. buldozerceto

buldozerceto Active Member

Best Answers:
    I recently bought HTC HERO and it is great phone. My suggestion is to go with HERO because it is android powered phone and it is better than any windows powered phones.

buldozerceto, Oct 21, 2009 IP
  3. Hosting24

Hosting24 Member

Best Answers:
    Why do you think Android is better than WinMo? It would be great to hear your comments on this.

Hosting24, Oct 22, 2009 IP
  4. ksalman92

ksalman92 Peon

Best Answers:

Well, IDK..I had a WinMo phone (Samsung Blackjack), I had an Android-powered phone (G1) and I currently have the Blackberry Curve 8900..and the Blackberry OS is definitely the best. The G1 came in a close second, though..Android is a platform that is constantly evolving and while it is not yet as sleek as a WinMo phone is, it's still getting it's kinks worked out..even at that, it's a better software. It has the capability to expand in any direction you so please, and a pretty vast/building market of downloadable applications, many which are free for android and not free for Blackberry/Iphone (which I am now finding out)..

So, if I was you, I'd go with a Blackberry but if I had to go HTC, I'd go with a HERO.

ksalman92, Oct 22, 2009 IP
  5. Hosting24

Hosting24 Member

Best Answers:
    I see. Are there enough applications for Android OS. I need phone for business purposes, so I need tons of applications (media players, office viewers, ssh client, etc.)

Hosting24, Oct 23, 2009 IP
  6. ksalman92

ksalman92 Peon

Best Answers:

I'm not sure an Android phone is the best phone for business..if this is what you want it for, then definitely get the Blackberry (I've got it now)..

It comes with Microsoft Word/Powerpoint/Excel "to-go" and it has the best e-mail clients of a phone..not to mention, a good browser and tons of downloadable applications (Shazam, Facebook, Myspace, etc.)

Definitely the best business phone out there.

ksalman92, Oct 23, 2009 IP
  7. Hosting24

Hosting24 Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I will need to check out Blackberry phones, maybe I'll find something good :)

Hosting24, Oct 26, 2009 IP
  8. tango007

tango007 Peon

Best Answers:
    Go for HD2. As this is the latest technology phone with lot of features. There are many phones to choose from so try to search for Blackberry.

tango007, Oct 26, 2009 IP
  9. tango007

tango007 Peon

Best Answers:
    Go for HD2 among touch pro and HD2. If u can search for Blackberry then go for them besides HTC.

tango007, Oct 26, 2009 IP
  10. zenoTom

zenoTom Peon

Best Answers:
    Take a look at this review - not sure if it will help:

HTC Hero Review

A friend of mine has the hero and rates it very good also...

zenoTom, Oct 26, 2009 IP
  11. Hosting24

Hosting24 Member

Best Answers:
    I'm loking for HTC because I could get it at amazing price. It's the main reason :)

The only bad thing about Tocu Pro 2 is that this phone will NOT support Windows Mobile 7 :(

Hosting24, Oct 27, 2009 IP
  12. gowdemon

gowdemon Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The Hero is indeed the best phone out there next to the Nexus One.
    Android is better than windows mobile for 2 good reasons.
    1. Highly secure (linux)
    2. Tons of apps when compared to Win mob

Also Hero is getting a Rom upgrade to the latest Android so its worth buying the hero.
    And who wants the iphone? when the HTC Hero can do more than what the iphone can do, at less than half its rate! :D

gowdemon, Apr 12, 2010 IP
  13. killerfm

killerfm Peon

Best Answers:
    I would suggest an iPhone!!! They are great.

killerfm, May 13, 2011 IP