Top Five SEO Tips to Increase Website Traffic

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by lorenhoward, Oct 15, 2009.

1. Extensive Keyword Research

SEO starts with a solid keyword research and sorting. Most of the SEO professionals are impatient and always in a hurry to implement their ideas.
    Well, that keeps them revising their SEO Services efforts and eventual loss of time and traffic. Keyword research for effective SEO results needs a lot of patience and intelligent calculations. Above all you should be using the best possible tools to perform keyword research for a strong search engine optimization.
    For example Google Keyword Tool, Google Insight and Google Suggestions. You will get the exact number of monthly searches on Google Keyword Tool. Here is what you should do then;

a) Download them in an excel sheet.
    b) Find out your kind of keywords (that match your website content and products).
    c) Sort them by daily searches.
    d) Collect the best ones for the Home and do similar calculations for the other important internal pages.

2. Original and Optimized Content

SEO based content writing is the best element on a live web page. Both, search engine crawlers and human beings love to read original and effective content filled with useful information. However; there has to be an efficient use of SEO content writing techniques as well. A smart and optimized content contains the right balance of the keywords used throughout the content. Usually it should be 5% to 6%.

a) Use two to three keywords in the whole content.
    b) Start the content with the most important keyword and end it with the same keyword.

3. Web Page Optimization

Search Engine Crawler reads only the HTML of the web-page and so it must be properly optimizes to guide the crawlers to the right areas and content of the website. Put the keywords in Title, Description and Add more keywords in the keywords area. Do not forget to put H1 to H6 using the keywords. Alt Tags must be placed on the images wherever possible.

4. Article Syndication

Write articles and Press releases about your website, it`s products and services. Submit the articles into as many article submission and press releases into major press releases websites. Do not forget to leave anchor texts so that readers can come to your website as well.
    This practice is easy and very effective. It helps the website gets crawled by the search engines within two days which reinforces the natural ranking of the website.If you leave anchor texts for the internal pages as well then you can expect to get your website`s internal pages caches (known to search engines). This boosts the website`s presence even more.

5. Social Bookmarking

It is very important to be a highly actively involved into social bookmarking activities. Join all the major Social Bookmarking websites like dig, delicious etc. Bookmark your own articles and press releases over there, make friends and share your bookmarks.

Social bookmarking websites are very well optimized and are cached by search engines everyday. If your website`s content, link etc is bookmarked over there then you can expect your website to get cached by Google within twenty four hours as well.

Try the above mentioned SEO ideas in your daily SEO work and experience the change in the results yourself.

lorenhoward, Oct 15, 2009 IP
  2. midpena

midpena Peon

Best Answers:
    3. Web Page Optimization

Search Engine Crawler reads only the HTML of the web-page and so it must be properly optimizes to guide the crawlers to the right areas and content of the website. Put the keywords in Title, Description and Add more keywords in the keywords area. Do not forget to put H1 to H6 using the keywords. Alt Tags must be placed on the images wherever possible.

Above thing help me ... Thanks for sharing.

midpena, Oct 15, 2009 IP
  3. nichoLora

nichoLora Peon

Best Answers:
    Good tips...especially the first one, which should is/should the number 1 priority for SEO

nichoLora, Oct 15, 2009 IP
  4. lorenhoward

lorenhoward Guest

Best Answers:
    Yes the first one in important but the 3rd one is also important.Optimization the web page using the keyword is very important in terms of keyword ranking.

lorenhoward, Oct 31, 2009 IP
  5. newlogo

newlogo Peon

Best Answers:
    i would tell u to focus on content, onpage and then offpage optimization

newlogo, Oct 31, 2009 IP
  6. COBSolutions

COBSolutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Too much use of H tags can act against rather than helping
    Use it once or twice on each page, more than that is no different from keyword stuffing

COBSolutions, Oct 31, 2009 IP
  7. Serpico

Serpico Peon

Best Answers:
    Onlywire is good for socialbookmarking. But you are only allowed one account for one website. And setting up one account can take an hour.

Serpico, Nov 1, 2009 IP
  8. webseaindia

webseaindia Peon

Best Answers:
    According to my observation Press Release is the best way to generate traffic. It will give good number of traffic regularly.

webseaindia, Nov 1, 2009 IP
  9. ALGWorks

ALGWorks Active Member

Best Answers:
    What kind of content also plays an important role. Make sure you have link-worthy content on your site in the first place (even things like widgets, surveys, games, etc. to help involve the visitor) and liven up articles with media. It's one thing to try and build links back to your site, but it's another to actually convert a visitor from a bouncer to someone who's going to be coming back and telling their friends about your site. Plus a lot of widgets etc. can include sharing code for people to put on their own sites with backlinks to yours. Press releases help, but maintaining interest is definitely up there on the list as well if you want your site to be a long-term success.

ALGWorks, Nov 1, 2009 IP
  10. josephgiridhar

josephgiridhar Guest

Best Answers:
    The tips which are posted are good..what i think the best way to get good traffic and best of the ranking's is by socially connected I suggest social book marking will take top position in seo.

josephgiridhar, May 19, 2011 IP
  11. ryangetty

ryangetty Peon

Best Answers:
    Good tips, SEO tips always help in doing it more well, thats good is we keep on sharing would help other learners also..

ryangetty, May 19, 2011 IP
  12. Ayesha Anam

Ayesha Anam Guest

Best Answers:
    I am agree that social bookmarking is the goo technique and after panda most effective technique is Social bookmarking.Original content is also very important.

Ayesha Anam, May 19, 2011 IP
  13. chengwong

chengwong Peon

Best Answers:
    Some blogging can also help you to expand your limits and increase some targeted traffic through your blog.

chengwong, May 19, 2011 IP
  14. vncheker

vncheker Peon

Best Answers:
    Good tips...especially the first one i am trying for my site: boxgameonline.com and funnygamefree.com . pls release some other advice

vncheker, May 19, 2011 IP
  15. jeyyt

jeyyt Peon

Best Answers:
    I would say the most important thing in SEO is to diversify your backlinking methods, and do it at a consistent rate without losing focus even when your site falls in the ranking.

jeyyt, May 20, 2011 IP
  16. webmaster11

webmaster11 Peon

Best Answers:
    Very inspiring tips and very helpful too. thanks for the post.

webmaster11, May 20, 2011 IP
  17. mitchigun

mitchigun Active Member

Best Answers:
    Best SEO tip to increase traffic is social bookmarking.sumbit your site in SMO sites like linkedin, twitter, facebook and many more.

mitchigun, May 20, 2011 IP
  18. vncheker

vncheker Peon

Best Answers:
    i want get more visitor to my site , pls tell me some advice! tks

vncheker, May 20, 2011 IP
  19. josephgiridhar

josephgiridhar Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi webseaindia
    Yes I to believe strongly that Press Release will give you very great traffic to your site. It is one of the way that will help you get the traffic very easily to your site. As we know that when traffic increases, it automatically increases the popularity of our website too.

josephgiridhar, May 24, 2011 IP
  20. josephgiridhar

josephgiridhar Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi Chengwong, Yes your right. When we do blogging we can get more traffic to our site.:D

josephgiridhar, Jun 24, 2011 IP