1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How is this particular site coded ??

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by tayiper, Oct 4, 2006.

I am asking this just out of curiousity: how are these two site's pages linked below coded ??

I mean for example, on this particular page: http://dokimos.org/truelove.html, there is no way (i.e. there is no such area as normally is on all the sites' pages) to right-click and view source, and if you do right-click some specially pre-coded context menu appears, then on this one: http://www.dokimos.org/ajff, the usual IE's warning for pop-up blocker (or for ActiveX install, not sure which one) also seems to be pre-written and "hard-coded" into the source.

tayiper

tayiper, Oct 4, 2006 IP
  2. kk5st

kk5st Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Use a modern browser. With Firefox, there is no problem with right click, or with using <ctl>u.

A more important question would be, why in hell would you care about the source on those really ugly non-valid sites?

cheers,

gary

kk5st, Oct 4, 2006 IP
    Colleen likes this.
  3. dastuff

dastuff Peon

Best Answers:
    The right click disable and control disable are IE hacks... Which we're annoying and easy to get around even back then... Now they're just annoying...

The popupblocker msg is probably along the same lines...

I wouldn't recommend either b/c to be honest, they're annoying lol :)

The code looked like this:
    <script language="JavaScript"> 
    <!-- var popup="Sorry, right-click 
    is disabled.\n\nThis Site Copyright ©2000"; function noway(go) { if 
    (document.all) { if (event.button == 2) { alert(popup); return false; } } if (document.layers) 
    { if (go.which == 3) { alert(popup); return false; } } } if (document.layers) 
    { document.captureEvents(Event.MOUSEDOWN); } document.onmousedown=noway; // --> 
    </script>
    Code (markup):

dastuff, Oct 4, 2006 IP
    Colleen and tayiper like this.
  4. tayiper

tayiper Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks both for the quick replies !!

tayiper

tayiper, Oct 4, 2006 IP
  5. tayiper

tayiper Active Member

Best Answers:
    Oh and yes, the thing is that I've just stumbled upon it, and the reason why I visited it in Internet Explorer is that I keep its cache on my RAM drive so that it gets deleted on each reboot (including "Cookies", "History", and "Temporary Internet Files" directories), therefore, I use it mainly for those sites for which I know I will visit them once and then never ever again ...

While I use Firefox more in a manner that it has a semi-permanent cache (and btw. I am still on dial-up); if anyone wants to, please read the "THE RAM DRIVE/DISK PRINCIPLE" and "THE FIREFOX-PROFILE PRINCIPLE" entries on my website's principles.html page, of course, if anyone is maybe interested.

tayiper

tayiper, Oct 4, 2006 IP