1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Dare I ask about your EPN EPC now QCP has gone live?

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by markowe, Oct 6, 2009.

Let's hear it then, how have things kicked off for you in October, now that we are officially being paid under QCP?

I will STILL have to reserve judgement for a month or two, but I am not hugely optimistic. I blogged about my results so far, so I won't repeat all that here, but generally there are some odd patterns in QCP that just don't make sense, and generally very low EPC in all my campaigns, seemingly regardless of my niche. Bottom line is, if I see significantly lower earnings than under the old system, this will NOT encourage me to find ways to improve the mysterious "quality" eBay are looking for, it will just encourage me to find other programs to earn from...

How are you doing? Seems to me from the straw poll over at the EPN forums that less than 20% of affiliates are coming out positive...

markowe, Oct 6, 2009 IP
  2. mcjp6

mcjp6 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    me too, but I would have to say that October has at least started off really well for me, epc 0.10 - Sep 0.07

maybe my niche, last October was also good for me. time will tell.

btw, Kelvin and Adam have listed the BANS site, N1way and all associated business' for sale on flippa, they are looking for BIN set at $500k.

mcjp6, Oct 6, 2009 IP
  3. webtarded

webtarded Peon

Best Answers:
    Like most everyone else, i'm down. Last month, I would have been down around 40%. Too early to guess on this month, but most likely down at least that. Unfortunately, my highest traffic site focuses on big ticket items which used to do well. But now that ebay seems to only want people who sell trinkets and baubles, it looks like i'm screwed.

This sucks.

webtarded, Oct 6, 2009 IP
  4. Claudek

Claudek Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My sites are slightly up from before. My traffic is reasonably focused and should have vistors who would browse Ebay and make a bid. I am waiting to see if the trend continues right now.

Suprisingly, the international traffic for one site which was usually around 0.07 EPC is currently at 0.16.

Claudek, Oct 6, 2009 IP
  5. markowe

markowe Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Oh, I hadn't heard the BANS guys were cutting their losses! BANS seems to have really lost its way, first with Google really cracking down on thin affiliates and then EPN coming along and making it so much harder to make money from eBay. 500 grand sounds a bit optimistic to me...

markowe, Oct 6, 2009 IP
  6. geomark

geomark Peon

Best Answers:
    I saw ShoppingAds is also shutting down due to QCP. I look forward to watching ebay eat sh*t and die from their stupid moves that drive away most of their traffic sources, including me. I've already replaced them.

geomark, Oct 6, 2009 IP
  7. markowe

Best Answers:
    Oh, hadn't heard that, but makes sense - they worked by sharing revenue, which was always exactly quantifiable under the old system. They are hardly going to pay out commissions on the basis of the nebulous earnings of QCP.

I am looking into ways to adapt my WordBay plugin to support other programs too - my eggs have been piled up way too high in EPN for too long...

markowe, Oct 7, 2009 IP
  8. Kerosene

Kerosene Alpha & Omega™ Staff

Best Answers:
    September was one of my best months EVER, and would have been even better with QPC (according to the preview tool). Which makes me even more nervous about which way ePN is going to go for me, now that we're all riding the QPC mystery train for real.

I'm not going to post my EPC, but so far, my EPC for October is higher than September.
    I'm almost scared to say it out loud, but I think QPC might just work out ok for me. :confused: :eek:

Last edited: Oct 7, 2009
    Kerosene, Oct 7, 2009 IP
  9. myhart

myhart Peon

Best Answers:
    During September my estimated earnings with QPC were about 1/3 of my actual earnings with a QCP EPC of (.01). However October is starting off much better with a QCP EPC of (.14). I checked my EPC for the year which is (.04) so if this keeps up I am much better off with QCP.

myhart, Oct 7, 2009 IP
  10. thesilly1

thesilly1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Me too... I sure hope this doesn't jinx it.....

thesilly1, Oct 7, 2009 IP
  11. betteb

betteb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm sending them clicks but the EPC is showing as $0... so do they not credit you for clicks unless that day produced sales? The preview tool had estimated that I would make about double the revenue this month, yet I'm showing $0 so far... disappointing to say the least.

betteb, Oct 8, 2009 IP
  12. markowe

Best Answers:
    If you're consistently seeing 0.00 EPC then you should report that - there have been some users reporting similar problems at the forum. No, there do NOT have to be sales that day for you to earn, that's kind of the point of QCP - what you are paid depends on the ongoing performance of that campaign (well, so we are told...) Though I have some junk campaigns that I really need to delete (once they make this possible) as they ARE showing loads of clicks, bots or goodness-knows-what, but no sales at all, and I get 0.00 for those, but if you have sent any sales or probably even bids at all then you should be getting SOMETHING.

markowe, Oct 8, 2009 IP
  13. DatingGold Colin

DatingGold Colin Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm getting crushed. Yesterday for example, I made a big $0.28 with the new system. The old system would have paid me about $3.75

The problem I have is not quality traffic, its clicks. I don't have much time to expand my site but I guess that's what I'm going to do. After making over $400 the last 3 months, I don't expect to reach the min payout this month. Oh well....Still going to promote it and hope I can start driving more traffic.

DatingGold Colin, Oct 8, 2009 IP
  14. WoodiE55

WoodiE55 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The preview tool reports made it look like I'd see a 30-40% increase in the last 2-3 months. I know we're only 9 days into the program but so far I'm making more then 50% LESS.

Not very happy about the stats yet, but still to early to tell for sure.

WoodiE55, Oct 9, 2009 IP
  15. DatingGold Colin

DatingGold Colin Peon

Best Answers:
    Not happy....$0.62 the last 2 days under new system. Old system = $27.54

Major Ouch!!!

They should have changed the system to Pay Per BID, not Click. Its bids that make eBay money, not clicks...oh well, I have no problem getting bids (usually have more than clicks) so I need to work on it I guess.

Frustrating, had a site that made good money, now its going to just cover costs....back to the drawing board!!

DatingGold Colin, Oct 9, 2009 IP
  16. geomark

geomark Peon

Best Answers:
    Weird, I've made money 5 days in a row without making a sale. Obviously that won't go on for long. What a bunch of idiots.

geomark, Oct 10, 2009 IP
  17. thesilly1

thesilly1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Dare I say.... My revenue has been much more stable for the first 9 days. Before I would average a few dollars here and there and than have a big day from a large ticket item... then back to a few dollars. now it's stable and will probably add up to the same end result (or close to it). hopefully.

thesilly1, Oct 10, 2009 IP
  18. betteb

betteb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Reported it... and they responded:

"Please note that without any transactions you will not generate any
    earnings, so sending only clicks are not enough to have any EPC."

Time for me to dump EPN. I hope eBay enjoys the dive in traffic they will be getting this holiday season from all the affiliates dumping them, but I guess that's what they wanted.

betteb, Oct 11, 2009 IP
  19. markowe

Best Answers:
    Sorry to hear it - if you are getting NO sales (which you can easily see in your transaction report) then they won't pay you anything (compare that with REAL CPC like AdSense where you get paid regardless...)

My earnings are showing a real dive this month, with my campaigns showing $0.03 at best, though admittedly actual sales are poor too. Indeed, it's very hard to find any motivation to try to divine the mysteries of QCP and continue with EPN...

markowe, Oct 12, 2009 IP
  20. geomark

geomark Peon

Best Answers:
    That's the rub isn't it? It doesn't work that way at all. With no sales I have earnings 6 days in a row this month. Finally had one small sale yesterday. So is EPN clairvoyant and knew I was going to get a sale? Or is it a bunch of BS hocus pocus? The sale was quite small, less than a single day of QCP earnings, so you decide.

You might say, hey that's great, your earnings are way up. But who really thinks it will stay that way? Funny thing is, I have removed EPN from all my high traffic spots. Maybe that's the secret: small number of clicks + no sales = high QCP. Friggin idiots at ebay.

geomark, Oct 12, 2009 IP