1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can AdWords harm your landingpage SERP?

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by Jude Vihervaara, Sep 28, 2009.

What do you think, could it be possible that using AdWords can harm your SERP? I have a slight idea that it can, because I tried an AdWords campaign on one of my sites that had very good position with suggested keywords. Suddenly the SERP went down really deep – from page one down to page 20! And now, three weeks after the campaign my results are climbing up back to where it was – being still in 3rd page, but still coming back where it was.

I didn't make any major changes to the content and everything is pretty much the same it was before the campaign. And only the results of my landingpage was dropped, all the rest was the same.

Jude Vihervaara, Sep 28, 2009 IP
  2. makeit easy

makeit easy Active Member

Best Answers:
    One of my fresh sites was indexed in only 1 hour after advertising it on searches. Your case seems to me quite possible if you advertised your site on searches.

makeit easy, Sep 29, 2009 IP
  3. ZaxiHosting

ZaxiHosting Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would agree with Jude..
    I think that adwords will harm your seprs.
    Think it otherwise.. You pay for adwords, to be 1-7 positions(via advertisments)
    Google don't want to lose these money(because from seo you will be in natural results,without paying)

Regards

ZaxiHosting, Sep 29, 2009 IP
  4. magda

magda Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You can find as mnay people saying it will boost your serps as saying it will harm it.
    Both are wrong, there is no connection, if your site goes up or down in serps it's for other reasons. I saw someone in another thread claiming that their site had gone down in serps because they put Google Analytics on it - again, complete coincidence. Sites go up and down in serps all the time - the algorithm gets tweaked, you lose or gain some backlinks, your competitors lose or gain some backlinks - those things will make a difference.

magda, Sep 29, 2009 IP
  5. wiziwig76

wiziwig76 Peon

Best Answers:
    Nope, there is no correlation between SERPS and Adwords, just coincidence. I agree with Magda, remember, you are not the only one out there whose position in changing in Google.

wiziwig76, Sep 29, 2009 IP
  6. Lucid Web Marketing

Lucid Web Marketing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Agree with Magda and Wiziwig. They are two separate systems. No connection. One does not affect the other.

Lucid Web Marketing, Sep 29, 2009 IP
  7. fsmobilez

fsmobilez Active Member

Best Answers:

thanks magda for replying in that much detail, after reading this thread i got confused but thanks for making every thing clear:)

fsmobilez, Sep 29, 2009 IP