1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Paypal having issues with HDFC Credit Cards

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by COBSolutions, Sep 25, 2009.

Yes
    I dont know who is having problem with whom, but it seems HDFC has blocked paypal transactions through their system, hence if you are having paypal and using HDFC credit cards for making payment, they are no longer approving those transactions.
    When i spoke to HDFC customer care they accepted that they are declining the transaction, i blasted them of course for that and have escalated my complaint to higher levels, how can they control the way i m using my card as long as i m not defaulting the card payments, they didn't have answer to this.
    But of course they did not reveal what is the issue.
    I am not aware whether paypal knows about this issue, since if i m not wrong HDFC has the second largest credit card business in India, so they cannot ignore it, they are loosing a lot of money for sure.
    Of course this is applicable only India or for HDFC customers where they have branches abroad, they have in some 12+ countries
    Update: OK HDFC just now contacted me to say that i need to apply for a netsafe card which they will be doing on my behalf and use that number to carry out online transactions, it should not take more than a day to get that new card number, but the charges will be done to your original card, dunno what is the fun in this whole going around?

Last edited: Sep 25, 2009
    COBSolutions, Sep 25, 2009 IP
  2. ToP_Designer

ToP_Designer Peon

Best Answers:
    There is some strange problem , Hearing for the first time :eek:

Please keep us update. As even i have HDFC and applying for CC .

T_D

ToP_Designer, Sep 25, 2009 IP
  3. COBSolutions

COBSolutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Here is the link to apply for netsafe
    If you go through the FAQ's, there is a serious problem with this kind of cards, these are temporary child cards generated for online transactions and have to be used within 48 hours or the balance in the card goes back to your original credit card, but the problem that i know about using these kind of temporary cards in paypal is that paypal uses some kind of code in your statement for verifying the card, so which means this step is not possible with these types of cards and hence you will always have a sending limit in your paypal account and that is $500 for each card before you verify, which also means i will always have this sending limit in my account and can never get verified as a trusted member with paypal
    Paypal needs to sit down and talk with HDFC, anyways i have already spoken with my AXIS bank manager, he is providing me a new Credit Card in a weeks time. Time to move on i suppose and look for a new banker.

COBSolutions, Sep 25, 2009 IP
  4. lu1980

lu1980 Peon

Best Answers:
    i have this problem too

lu1980, Sep 28, 2009 IP
  5. lostpoet

lostpoet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ask your HDFC officer about getting the statement details of your NetSafe card. Since you are spending through your account, you are entitled to purchase details. Those details will give you the necessary code.

Other than PayPal, have you made other online purchases through your HDFC card? Did they go smoothly?

lostpoet, Sep 29, 2009 IP
  6. SkyisLimit

SkyisLimit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    you can get in your main statement about the netsafe. I think people can only view their netsafe transactions online. it does appear in main statement as netsasfe purchge only. may be better to log on online.

SkyisLimit, Sep 29, 2009 IP
  7. olddocks

olddocks Notable Member

Best Answers:
    hdfc and icici are both useless and often go nuts when comes to online cc transactions. go for better bank like hsbc or citibank.

olddocks, Sep 29, 2009 IP
  8. SkyisLimit

Best Answers:
    well said!!! but for me HDFC is like a weapon. I do miracles with this simple account.

SkyisLimit, Sep 29, 2009 IP
  9. COBSolutions

Best Answers:
    NO, not exactly true, HDFC has been excellent with paypal, never had a declined transaction in 2 years, only since they decided to swtich to netsafe cards, i am facing problem, it looks like the system is new and is having some teething trouble, sometimes the transactions go smoothly with netsafe virtual cards or sometimes it just doesn't

COBSolutions, Sep 29, 2009 IP
  10. rahuldas14

rahuldas14 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    even i faced this problem. now hdfc wants us to use netsafe cards. but once we verify the netsafe card in paypal, paypal charges us and netsafe cards expire as soon as they are billed once. so no more money can be sent in our paypal account from these cards.

rahuldas14, Sep 30, 2009 IP
  11. COBSolutions

Best Answers:
    Netsafe card usage is thus:

Go register for netsafe cards, u get username and a password in your registered email address, or u can get it through their call center
    After which when u are making any payments, check for the amount that is to be paid, then generate netsafe cards for the exact amount or round them off to the nearest 10, that is if the bill amount is 2347 then round it off and create a netsafe card for 2350

Got paypal or the payment site and put the card number, expiration date and CVV number, if you are using paypal then do not verify the card. Make the payment with that card by changing the funding option while making payment at paypal send money page.

U cannot verify the card because the card is for only one usage, that is, one usage means it is really one usage, that one usage can be a decline, a wrong address decline or anything, that card is blocked and funds returned to your credit/debit card, so be careful to use the same address as that of your credit card billing address, else declines will happen

I have been using the netsafe cards since last few days and did atleast 10 transactions smoothly by following this method.

Also keep deleting the used cards from paypal

Also remember that your original credit card should be the primary billing card and should already be verified, so that adding and deleting netsafe cards from your paypal account becomes a breeze and the account won't freeze occassionally, as it happens with other non-verified members

COBSolutions, Oct 2, 2009 IP
  12. rajeevkishore

rajeevkishore Peon

Best Answers:
    HDFC cr.card was working fine till few months back.

Now it is being declining payment at Google Adwords and IRCTC (Indian railway online booking site)

Even many complaints to HDFC with the screen shots of the payment pages, has been of any help. They just send their stereotyped emails asking for fresh transaction details. I have already given them several transaction details..

Can anyone help in the matter, as i dont want to cancel the use of HDFC cr.card coz it is very convenient for me to make payments of the cr.card dues online from my HDFC saving acc.

rajeevkishore, Oct 4, 2009 IP
  13. SkyisLimit

Best Answers:
    did you verified with visa/master card. please chk with if not. all most all banks

now demanding (of course they did) verification. that may be a cause for declining those debit/credit card. I had experience with visa and went to the site. though banks already did this process. But u need to chk up.

SkyisLimit, Oct 4, 2009 IP
  14. begusarai

begusarai Guest

Best Answers:

Even the netsafe card does not work on any international site.
    I have tried many times to but online stuffs using netsafe...
    but i failed every time....

begusarai, Oct 4, 2009 IP
  15. COBSolutions

Best Answers:
    No netsafe cards do work
    But remember that you can use it only for one transaction
    That is, for example, if you have entered a wrong address or mistake in the address at shopping site and if the card declines it for wrong address, then that card becomes invalid and you need to generate a new netsafe card, then it should work
    So one needs to be extra careful while using those cards
    It is pretty annoying, but no choice right now

COBSolutions, Oct 6, 2009 IP