1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Facebook account deleted for no reason.

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by Connections, Sep 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    So my Personal facebook account,
    Which I never even do marketing on apart from PPC with Facebook ads was deleted just today.

This is very funny because the only type of marketing I do via this account is using Facebook PPC advertising.

I never touch any other forms of advertising on this account it was a personal account with around 400 friends and about 3-4 years in age.

The main thing that I have lost on this account which I am very pissed off about are some generic pages with 10,000+ friends and also business pages from clients which have all been created in 100% ethical ways and promoted in accordance to Facebook terms.

I am dumbfounded to why Facebook would just delete the account of some one who has been spending money on their PPC system, the people who are running the spam team are stupid I have done nothing wrong. Why don't they go on to certain "dodgy forums" and see people who are selling lots of 1000 accounts with 4000 friends on each spamming the fuck out of Facebook.

I may have been selling Facebook marketing in the past but it not even connected to this specific account it is done via my partner.

I will be fighting this with Facebook for sure to gain back my personal account.

Connections, Sep 14, 2009 IP
  2. jvfconsulting

jvfconsulting Active Member

Best Answers:
    Have you received any emails from Facebook with a reason? I hope you get to the bottom of it! I'm curious why they would do such a thing.

jvfconsulting, Sep 18, 2009 IP
  3. KontaxMarketing

KontaxMarketing Guest

Best Answers:
    Definitely argue this. They may have meant to ban a member with a similar email and accidentally got you. They go from a database with account deletions, and I'm not sure if they reinstate accounts, but best of luck to you.

KontaxMarketing, Sep 18, 2009 IP
  4. theapparatus

theapparatus Peon

Best Answers:
    What's annoying about this is I've been trying to get them to delete an account used as a landing page for forum and blog spamming for over a year and the account is still active.

I've walked them through what's occurring, showed them the server logs, etc. Still up.

Good luck to you. It's just the irony amazes me.

theapparatus, Sep 18, 2009 IP
  5. Charybdis

Charybdis Peon

Best Answers:
    Wouldn't facebook have emailed you why this happened?
    Either that or someone knows your password and deleted your account.

Charybdis, Sep 20, 2009 IP
  6. Bohol

Bohol Peon

Best Answers:
    You should put up a fight. Based on your testimony, I don't see any reason why your Facebook account should be obliterated. Please review its TOS and get advice for possible legal remedies.

Bohol, Sep 20, 2009 IP
  7. dukeofism

dukeofism Peon

Best Answers:
    How were you informed about the deletion of your account?

dukeofism, Sep 20, 2009 IP
  8. Connections

Connections Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    All I received was a email form Facebook saying one of my ads for PPC has been denied then 10 minutes later my account was deleted for spamming.

This happened a week ago now I still have received no reply from Facebook,

I have set up a temp personal account...

I have read other stories on the internet of this happening to other people too who spend big money on Facebook PPC. Personally I wouldn't advise on spending big with Facebook PPC as it could lead to a full account delete.

Connections, Sep 20, 2009 IP
  9. tyagisupriya

tyagisupriya Peon

Best Answers:
    Write a mail stating that you didn't violate any of TOS, and if your account was deleted in error by any automated system, ask them to recover that. I believe they'll take a note of your mail

~ Cheers

tyagisupriya, Sep 22, 2009 IP
  10. ijustwanttoknow

ijustwanttoknow Active Member

Best Answers:
    perhaps, somehow, you clicked "close this account" type of thing?
    some of my friends clicked that button and they loose their accounts (happened in facebook and friendster)..

have you tried "lost my password" function?

ijustwanttoknow, Sep 23, 2009 IP
  11. Volume10

Volume10 Peon

Best Answers:
    There is the reason why you got your account banned. Plain and simple.

Volume10, Sep 27, 2009 IP
  12. prettybomb2008

prettybomb2008 Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess it is much better to write them about your problem and asked them their reason of your facebook deletion. I have loads of facebook account and all of them are running because I am playing farmville and it wasnt close so I wonder why yours got close down

prettybomb2008, Dec 7, 2009 IP
  13. calcalmx123

calcalmx123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If e-mailing them doesn't work then send them a formal letter they are more likely to look into this is you will write a letter it shows you are keen to get your account back.

calcalmx123, Dec 10, 2009 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.