1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New Features Help You See how Your Traffic Performs

Discussion in 'Yahoo Search Marketing' started by YahooPete, Sep 10, 2009.

Hey Everybody,

Just wanted to let you know of some account enhancements we announced this morning…the first is the new Ad Delivery Report, which shows both the sources of your traffic--whether it be Yahoo! or some of our partners--but also, how that traffic performs. Combined with one of our analytics options, you can track measurements such as impressions, click-throughs, conversions and return-on-ad-spend. You can also filter the results by account, domain and tactic.

You access the Ad Delivery Report by clicking on the “Reports” tab in your Sponsored Search account, or learn more about how to use it in our Help Center.

The second change is the launch of what we announced to advertisers via email on August 14: The expansion of adjustments we make to click charges, based on our assessment of the performance of traffic coming from sources within our distribution network. This includes deeper discounts on click charges for lower-performing traffic, and potential premiums on click charges for higher-performing traffic.

Based on our analysis, we expect that most advertisers will see click charges drop or remain unchanged as a result of this change, while a small fraction of advertisers may experience an increase in click charges.

If you have any questions about these enhancements, please post them here and I’ll try to provide answers.

- YahooPete

YahooPete, Sep 10, 2009 IP
  2. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    While I like the new reporting, we still need more specific control.

It does me no good to have lower click costs for worse traffic unless it is inline with what I am doing.

If I have clicks that cost me 8 cents mixed in with clicks that cost me 35 cents, but only convert at a 10% rate, then I am still making forced surcharge decisions.

Let us break things down more so we can decide what we want to pay for traffic based on how it works for us... not how you think it is. Not all traffic is valued the same to different advertisers. As it is I am still forced to take underperforming and non-performing partner sites. The fact that some of them might be cheaper is only a small bit of solace.

I end up scraping some campaigns altogheter because of the way you guys have this set up. I end up with a campaign that is breaking even or making small margins, but since I can't really grow the parts that work or mitigate the parts that don't, I just have to stop running it.

Also I know you are tired of hearing it, but the ability to only block 500 domains has to be changed, or we need some better way for managing these 10s of thousands of partner sites. I went through one small campaign the other day and had over 100 domains I wanted to scrap within 24 hours.

I feel like I am going to have to have seperate accounts for every campaign just so I have some shot of blocking the inferior traffic. Again it is nice that bad traffic only costs me 6 cents a click instead of 12 cents a click, but that just means my surcharge dropped by 50%, it did not go away.

aeiouy, Sep 26, 2009 IP