1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Caffeine Update September 2009

Discussion in 'Google' started by Barre Tire, Sep 10, 2009.

I am starting this thread so we have a dialogue to refference for the future. Labor day has come & gone and it appears that caffeine has not rolled out as of yet. Many things have been reported, The serps are definately fluxing but the rollout is yet to happen. This thread is to report changes people are noticing both on the test DC which is http://www2.sandbox.google.com/ and any changes on the normal serps. For a point of refference the initial announcement of the new search engine was made by Google on August 10th,2009 via the Webmaster blog http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.com/2009/08/help-test-some-next-generation.html . Please keep posts related to serp changes and caffeine and not pr update's or anyhting else. This is important for our future so we have a refference.

Barre Tire, Sep 10, 2009 IP
  2. spikyy

spikyy Peon

Best Answers:
    Google algorithm is constant adapted, so changes in SERPS will always be

spikyy, Sep 10, 2009 IP
  3. markov

markov Peon

Best Answers:
    I didn't observe any SERP changes in the new Google Caffeine.

markov, Sep 10, 2009 IP
  4. seminar

seminar Active Member

Best Answers:
    I also observed any change.
    What are the change you observed

seminar, Sep 10, 2009 IP
  5. Barre Tire

Barre Tire Peon

Best Answers:
    I am not talking about the normal everyday changes we all experience. I am talking about major changes that many people start to notice. During Big Daddy it was clear through the dialogue when things started to happen. Many sites dropped off the face of the earth never to return. others appeared for the first time on page 1 etc.. This is the kind of changes we are talking about.

6. Barre Tire

Barre Tire Peon

Best Answers:
    " What it means is that all your hard work over the past few years could be wiped out in seconds, and there is nothing you can do about it. I personally find that scary that Google that much control over millions of people's livelihoods now. "

Quote taken from another caffeine thread on DP. This is the very hard truth of major updates like this. During Big Daddy this type of thing happened. Imagine having 5-10,000 visitors a day and waking up one morning to find the rollout happened and all of that is gone. this is why it is important to document the rollout and any changes leading up to it so if this happens to anyone we might be able to have some clues as to why. Also it may be just the opposite and youmay wake up to traffic you never dreamed of. This is goingto be the biggest google update to date and we must pay close attention to how it plays out.

7. Barre Tire

Barre Tire Peon

Best Answers:
    It appears that as of this morning in the caffeine DC you get different results in keywords if you use a Capitol letter. I am not sure why but this has never happened before.

8. angilina

angilina Notable Member

Best Answers:
    In google, you may see different results when searching the same keyword and changing its case sensitivity. Matt Cutts has said that, in some cases, we will see the same results where it is very much possible to see different results when searching for a case sensitive Keyword. He said that it depends on the nature of keyword that we search.

Anyway, I have seen lot of changes in SERPs for my site. I am not sure but may be these changes are results of recent tags I changed in my site?

angilina, Sep 10, 2009 IP
  9. sunilmamo

sunilmamo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Caffeine update is quite good for many of my sites, my traffic is almost doubled. Whereas some sites are badly affected, they're severely dropped for their kewyrods. But overall i am happy with it. :)

sunilmamo, Sep 10, 2009 IP
  10. Barre Tire

Barre Tire Peon

Best Answers:
    Same here. We ranked at the top from 2003 until Big Daddy hit in 2006. The site I am reffrencing has come back from the dead in Google. We have been getting traffic again and with the caffeine DC we will be back where we were in big Daddy. Many people who have older sites are experiencing the same thing. Big Daddy was a bad screwup and it took 3 years to fix, but now is better then never. When the Caffeine serps go live we will be happy (as long as Google does not change the current state, I am not holding my breath). However things have looked good on caffeine since the getgo and have slowly improved. For one of our key terms we are in position one. this term is a major term.

11. jameskertley

jameskertley Guest

Best Answers:
    exactly

my site is on top but after last PR updation ..mysite is goes back ...PR is icreasing ........site remain in top 10 and suddenly, after 1month it goes back and never come in SERP

how to solve this problem????

jameskertley, Sep 11, 2009 IP
  12. wiresaw

wiresaw Active Member

Best Answers:
    Some of my site is not indexing by google and the PR update is not yet happening.

wiresaw, Sep 11, 2009 IP
  13. maneetpuri

maneetpuri Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi

I am based in india and I checked this issue here and It is rendering the same result for both the queries "web design company" & "WEB DESIGN COMPANY"

Cheers!

Thanks

maneetpuri, Sep 11, 2009 IP
  14. thunderbolt007

thunderbolt007 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Is Google Caffeine the new name for Google Changes? Do you have some link regarding Google caffeine? Thanks.

thunderbolt007, Sep 11, 2009 IP
  15. Barre Tire

Barre Tire Peon

Best Answers:
    http://www2.sandbox.google.com/

Barre Tire, Sep 11, 2009 IP
  16. facerec

facerec Peon

Best Answers:
    Well.. I tried google caffeine and I find improved results for my keywords..
    I have also found other change that is: results are coming faster (at write most corner of SERP results) in caffeine...

facerec, Sep 11, 2009 IP
  17. DJMC

DJMC Peon

Best Answers:
    My site shows small improvements on EVERY possible KW search that I tried.

The most dramatic change is for the term "Non cheesy wedding DJ" (previously #38) which under Caffeine goes to page One and into the top three of organic SERP.

As far as I can tell, the new algo favors CONTENT over Metas.

DJMC, Sep 11, 2009 IP
  18. sywer

sywer Active Member

Best Answers:
    I wake up every mourning with such awful feeling.. Always quickly open my stats page and always afraid that there will be decreasing of traffic... My sites are clean and quality, with online games... thousands of people play every day there and I make everything that depends on me to do my sites better for people without any spam or other rude methods..But this summer one of my sites lost a half of its SE traffic from google.COM data center, and I don't know why.... later I read about Caffeine update and checked my site on those caffeine SERPs.. results were excellent.. all my old positions were on their places, in TOP10, even TOP5.. and I thought that this Caffeine update will return my lost traffic with lost positions.. but, now, when many people talk about great changes with their sites - I see nothing good for me :( vice versa... this week has been terrible and my site started loosing traffic more :( it seems bad luck... :(

here I can show what happened with my Google traffic this summer:

[​IMG]

specially, pay your attention to blue google.com line.. In July it started falling down very quickly..

Last edited: Sep 11, 2009
    sywer, Sep 11, 2009 IP
  19. Barre Tire

Barre Tire Peon

Best Answers:
    sywer,

The rollout has not happened yet. How is your site doing on the caffeine results page?

Barre Tire, Sep 11, 2009 IP
  20. sywer

sywer Active Member

Best Answers:
    Barre Tire,
    when I compare the search results here:
    comparecaffeine.com
    on the right column (Caffeine update results) my results are excellent, all my old keywords are in the TOP10..
    but in the left column (old and present Google results) results are bad...

sywer, Sep 11, 2009 IP