1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to define web design contrakt? Any samples?

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by e-stonia, Aug 23, 2009.

Hello, I have often problems with web design jobs that the first phase of designing tend to never end as customer wants this and that to be changed and it seems project will never finish as new ideas come across all the time. I thought to frite something like this to contract:

Regarding completion date I found some texts from here and modified a bit and added some extra:

Also, it's good to explain customers that the cost of development increases as time passes and explain why it's so - that's why my collegue wrote short text about "Importance of detailed written planning of web development projects" which can be useful maybe some of you too to let customer read before starting project.

Does anybody have better texts for contract with cutomer before accepting the deal? Or any sample contracts or terms and conditions somewhere?

Cheers,

Kaspar

e-stonia, Aug 23, 2009 IP
  2. OnInternetBusinessGuide

OnInternetBusinessGuide Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am not sure how to define the perfect contact, but looking for web contract template on the Internet is certainly the first thing to do. That should answer most of the questions and allow to compare yourself to others. I can give some advices here:
    1) Be clear and precise. Many people ended up in court because contracts were not enough clear or too ambiguous.
    2) Clearly state what they get. People pay for a result.
    3) Place conditions like cancellation, if certain kind of problems arise during development: Fire, war, lost of information, unexpected modifications, etc.
    4) Look at insurance companies contracts. They are heavy in text and conditions. Even if they are amazingly boring to read, they protect their clients and themselves.
    5) I always suggestion to consult and attorney to read the contracts. Attorneys are used with these issues. They see them often and they know the flaws.

I replied to your last thread at http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?p=12314039#post12314039
    That should help you with the footer links.

OnInternetBusinessGuide, Aug 24, 2009 IP
  3. e-stonia

e-stonia Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you OnInternetBusinessGuide, will start writing contract and terms & conditions and will probavly just add some kind of discount if the link can stay.

e-stonia, Aug 25, 2009 IP