1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Mother of all Lists of Directory lists.

Discussion in 'Solicitations & Announcements' started by bobmutch, Apr 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    http://www.seocompany.ca/directory/top-web-directories.html

www.5thage.com/List-of-Directories.html 5th Age Designs Long list.
    www.andilinks.com/sea4.htm andlinks Subject Directories.
    www.best-web-directories.com/ Articles, Tips, List of Free, Paid & Recipical Directories.
    www.buydominica.com/caribbeanindex/directories.htm Buydominica's Directories and Free links.
    www.dir-search.com/ Directory Search.
    www.directory-pages.com/ Directory Pages.
    www.directory-z.com/ Directory-Z Directories Categories.
    www.directorygold.com/more/directories.php DirectoryGold's Web Directory List.
    www.directorylist.org/ Anthony Pazrsons directory list.
    www.directorysource.info/ List of mostly for pay directories.
    www.directoryarchives.com/ is Aaron Wall's directory of directories.
    www.dmole.org/ internet directory list.
    www.dmoz.org/Computers/Internet/Searching/Directories/ DMOZ Directories.
    www.energyray.com/SortedPages/Marketing/Directories.Submission.URLs.htm Energyray Directories.
    www.freewebsubmission.com/ 50 Directories listed by Alexa Rank.
    www.grackelfish.com/ is a directory of topical and general directories.
    dir.google.com/Top/Computers/Internet/Searching/Directories/ Google Directories.
    www.helpwebmaster.net/submit/ Help Webmaster Directory & Search Engines List.
    www.indn.org/ Network of Independent Niche Directories.
    www.internetsubmissions.com/Directory/ internet directory list.
    www.internet-search-engines-faq.com/submit-url-free-directory.shtml is a very very long URL, er list.
    www.isedb.com/html/Web_Directories/ is a good list of over 1000 web directories.
    www.katakombe.com/thebestwebdirectories/ links to free/fee web directories on the Internet.
    lifeofawebsite.com/pr/directories/ Lifeofawebsite Directories.
    www.overthemark.com/seoblog/item/11/ Tayan's bloged free web directories.
    www.pheedster.com/directories.php PHEEDSTER's Long Directory List
    www.pinoysites.org/web/index.php?cat=1 PinoySites.org Directories and Search Engines.
    www.platinax.co.uk/webmasters/articles/6/ Brain Turner's Best Directories.
    www.quantawebdesign.com/searchengines.html Quanta Webdesign Search Engines & Directories.
    www.rankingdirectories.com/ directory of directories.
    www.search-engines-2.com/search-engines.html search engines & directories.
    www.searchenginedev.com/ Directory for developers.
    www.socengine.com/c/cl/internet-www/directories/ 50 Directories listed by Alexa Rank.
    www.seo-help.org/directories/ Over 200 SEO Friendly Directories.
    www.seopros.org/search/dirlist.asp Directory of Directories.
    www.seroundtable.com/archives/001402.html SE Roundtable's List of Free Directories.
    www.spheri.ca/directories.html Spheri.ca Directories.
    www.strongestlinks.com/directories.php list of directories with PR, Alexa ranking & info.
    www.tipsntutorials.com/Top-Directories/ Tips N TuTorials Top direcTories.
    info.vilesilencer.com/main.php?rock=seo-friendly.php SEO friendly list of over 165 free web directories.
    www.webworldindex.com/members.html Search Engines and web directories.

If you have a quality list please fill out this form and I will add it to the above list.

http://www.seocompany.ca/directory/top-web-directory-suggestions.html

bobmutch, Apr 27, 2005 IP
    Ajeet, obenix, Liminal and 1 other person like this.
  2. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    This must be about the 6th time I've seen this list posted on different forums -- with a different author every time. :eek:

minstrel, Apr 27, 2005 IP
  3. bobmutch

bobmutch Peon

Best Answers:
    Produce the links. I would like to see who is copying my list : )

bobmutch, Apr 27, 2005 IP
  4. bobmutch

bobmutch Peon

Best Answers:
    "04-28-2005 01:28 PM good way to spam "
    To the lamer that give me neg rep on my above post. That is not spam, it is a resource. And may I say it is one of the better list of directory lists resources around. I spent quite a bit of time compiling it and it has been around for about 6 months.

bobmutch, Apr 30, 2005 IP
    Ajeet and classifieds like this.
  5. av1

av1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    very nice list, thnx

av1, Apr 30, 2005 IP
  6. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the list Bob!

GTech, Apr 30, 2005 IP
  7. hedir

hedir Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice list bob .

hedir, Apr 30, 2005 IP
  8. minstrel

Best Answers:
    For the record, I didn't give you the negative rep, but it is at least bordering on spam. First, because much of the list has been harvested from other lists being posted on various forums and, second, because you've posted "your list" yourself at least twice at DigitalPoint alone.

If you don't call that spamming, how do you define spamming? Maybe it's just self-promotion?

minstrel, Apr 30, 2005 IP
  9. bobmutch

bobmutch Peon

Best Answers:
    I would say it is a fair combination of self-promotion and a quality resource. I didn't think it was you that give me the neg reg cus you probable are to negtive to give enought postive rep away to be able to give me yet more netive rep : )

Thanks GTech, hedir. If any one else thinks its a good resource (or a bad one) pipe up so we can counter this negtive energy of mental illness and democracy : )

MattUK and Shoemoney like this.
  10. minstrel

Best Answers:
    I would say it is more a combination of self-promotion and plagiarism myself, but there you go.

And actually I give more positive rep than negative -- it's just hard to find much positive in the "advertisements for bobmutch" than constitute most of your posts.

Agent47 likes this.
  11. bobmutch

bobmutch Peon

Best Answers:
    You need to go and learn the defination of plagiarism. Gathering up links and posting them is not considered plagiarism. Plagiarism is when you take the writings of others and claim them as our own.

I am not looking for positive rep from you minstrel, I would be very happy if you would just go away. You are far to much negitive for my liking. I suggest if you can't find things to say that are positive that you don't say anything.

I don't follow your (or anyone elses for that matter) posts around being negitive, I would be happy if you would go and do likewise : )

12. minstrel

Best Answers:
    You flatter yourself, bobmutch. I'm not following you - I was attracted to a thread titled "The Mother of all Lists of Directory Lists" and arrived here to discover recycled food instead. Then I was called back by the auto-notify when you complained about getting negative rep, which was in fact deserved.

I know what plagiarism is. Most of what you post here and elsewhere is either rehashed information taken from other sources and packaged as if it were original, or it's simply blatant advertising. As I said earlier, "your list" is mostly harvested from other sources but I don't see credit to those sources being given anywhere in your post.

I think the person who gave you the negative rep was dead on.

13. bobmutch

bobmutch Peon

Best Answers:
    No fattery there at all minstrel. It grives me to see other fellow humans feed off running others down. Every thing we read is very recycled, you know that. I wouldn't call it food though :)

Negative rep desired in your negative eyes, yes I can undrestand you feeling that way.

No you don't know what plagiarism is or you wouldn't accuse some one with a list of 50 URLs with no text as plagiarism.

Every think I post here and elsewhere is all rehashed and things that I have read or learned verbally for others, such is life. I never package anything orgianal and yes I am very blatant about my advertising and willing to admit it.

I come here and post information and make this a good place to be. I note my lists that I have on my site from time to time. I have like you do a few link in my SIG. One thing you will find differnet in me and you is I don't go around critizing others. I may diagree with them but I will try to do that with in a postive mode.

My list is harvested from other sources in some degree. I would say about half of it I have gotten from other lists. The same with all my other resourse. My tools list, my PR list, my free web directory list, my pay web directory list, my cheap web sites, and the list go one.

I see no need to give credit to any sources as they would be near as large as the list itself. 1 here, 2 there, 5 here, 3 there and so on.

Most negtive people think negitivity is a good thing. As soon as I spread arournd more postitive rep I will give you some more.

What this world needs or more positivity :)

14. minstrel

Best Answers:
    But you are willing to package them as original material -- therein lies the problem.

Feel free.

15. bobmutch

bobmutch Peon

Best Answers:
    I have not packaged anything as original material. Of course you will find me refering to "my this" and "my that." This refers to the product that I have compiled, my compilation.

I have never writen an aritcle, build a list, make a statement where I have claimed originality. I hold that we are for the most part just parts of other peoples and trates that we saw that we linked. Just a lot of small parts from different things.

When a major part of a work is taken from some where else I would note where it came from. But with me that doesn't happen very often. I can only think of 2 times in the last few years where I have done that. My rules I made off Bob Wakfers PageRank article and my PR list which I complited 75% from 2 sources. I gave credit in those two rare cases.

I tent to take a little here, a little there, some from over there and some from over here.
    I don't feel the need to list references that would be 25 to 50% the same size as the list itself.

So is there a problem with my not noting the 20 to 30 sources of where I got my list of lists? I think not - negitive people seem to see problems where there are none. I don't even feel the need to put "I compiled about half of these from other lists" as people relize that is how things work.

When I look at the lists in my list of lists I relize that many of them have done the very same thing I have done. I find life is very much that way. We go to school, we read books, we discuss and then we take a position and we put it forth as "this is my position on the situation."

I feel very free, and especially free from being negitive.

16. minstrel

Best Answers:
    Whatever you say, bobmutch.

I think you are still missing the concept of plagiarism versus original material, and giving credit to original sources, and I still don't understand why you felt a need to post your rehashed list not once but twice in separate threads here at DigitalPoint (which I assume was one of the things behind the comment the anonymous member left you), but whatever...

17. bobmutch

bobmutch Peon

Best Answers:
    Plagiarizing: 1. To use and pass off (the ideas or writings of another) as one's own. 2. To appropriate for use as one's own passages or ideas from (another). 3. To put forth as original to oneself the ideas or words of another.
    Clearly you used the work incorrectly. Clearly you are missing the concept of plagiarism. Oh I get these urges every once in a while. I think I was just have a self pormotional moment : )
    Good after all this I have we have finally got to the truth of the matter... "whatever".

18. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Dude... you seriously need to get over yourself. Even if Bob did post the same list elsewhere on DP... is it not a valuable resource to the members here? You must have too much time on your hands to be kicking up a stir about shit like this. :confused:

dcristo, Apr 30, 2005 IP
    GTech likes this.
  19. minstrel

Best Answers:
    I don't know, bobmutch... that pretty much describes what you did and do.

If you say so... Bob complained that someone gave him negative reputation points for spamming -- my point is that's an accurate way to describe what he's doing with this list and that it isn't even an original list, since it's been posted on several other forums by several other people.

20. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    Well said dcristo. I'm always looking for directories I don't have in my lists. There's new ones popping up all the time, and it's hard to keep track of them here.

This childish posting by minstrel is not what I consider in the spirit of ANY forum. We're here to learn, help, and for some...make a few friends.

GTech, Apr 30, 2005 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.