1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How can a 15 Year Old Start making decent money online?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by tajio, Aug 18, 2009.

Hello Members of DP,

I would like to know how to make money online quick or maybe start a business kind of thing online, I'm 15 but I do have debit card (Solo) and a Paypal, I'm also a Web Designer (Just design but don't code) I'm pretty good at it made a few money by designing but would like to know a faster, easier way for free eg; make websites but what affiliates to go for.

I would like to make roughly £50 - £200 per month (about $80 - $330).

Again I'm 15 years old, still in school but would like to make some money online :) .

I would like advice on ways to do this please.

Thanks, Tajio

tajio, Aug 18, 2009 IP
    Helado likes this.
  2. Jaspworld

Jaspworld Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey I was also around 15 I believe when I got interested in web designing. I learned from www.pagetutor.com.

Look at his website. Notice how he makes money. This takes a long time but this is what works in the long term.

Jaspworld, Aug 18, 2009 IP
  3. ct2k7

ct2k7 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have looked at your portfolio, and I am not overall impressed. It maybe that you haven't had enough customers to show off your potential, but, move your website onto a tld, and make your contact email resound on that domain. This increases potential customers and make them think you are more professional.

Shamil,
    a 16 year old coding entrepeneur

ct2k7, Aug 18, 2009 IP
  4. Helado

Helado Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey there. I was a bit younger than you when I started web design, however I wasn't against 'professionals' or good gfx designers, so I was kinda crummy.

I recommend you learn to code - it's not too hard, plus coded layouts sell more often and for a higher price.

Maybe you could create business cards and distribute them around where you live - many 'offline' people pay a lot of money for designs - in the £xxxx range!

Helado, Aug 18, 2009 IP
  5. tajio

tajio Peon

Best Answers:
    sn2k79, Thanks for looking at my portfolio, but I haven't updated it since..I don't know, So my works are better :) .

Thanks for the info everyone.

tajio, Aug 18, 2009 IP
  6. Business Attorney

Business Attorney Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just do good work and jobs will find you. The key is to know what is good. Professional designers have often studied design in college, art school or trade school and understand the elements of design. Don't assume that you know design just because you can create an attractive web page. Get some of the classic design books and study them carefully.

Business Attorney, Aug 18, 2009 IP
  7. sp360

sp360 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Tajio,

The best thing you can for your self is learn how to code. Once you know at least PHP and HTML then you are pretty much set.

Believe me, coding is one of core things to making money online. If can't use Photoshop or don't know how to code. You'll have lots of trouble making money online.

sp360, Aug 18, 2009 IP
  8. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Its easy.
    You can go to freelance site and bid for some project for design.
    Or you can design a website then sell it for other people such as wordpress theme.

mentos, Aug 18, 2009 IP
  9. timeless1983

timeless1983 Guest

Best Answers:
    Finding a niche that you can focus on is a good start.

timeless1983, Aug 18, 2009 IP
  10. chrisdina

chrisdina Peon

Best Answers:
    i have the same idea....

chrisdina, Aug 18, 2009 IP
  11. EatingEmoKids

EatingEmoKids Member

Best Answers:
    Hey man, I started trying to make money online at about 15 or 16 as well. I started with Adsense websites, I had 2 websites that were making $200 a month and it only involved a little bit of work and after a while I just left them alone for 2 years and they continued to make money.

The Adsense sites helped me learn seo, so thats why I mention that. Learning coding is very important like everyone mentioned. It's actually pretty easy, just go to w3schools .com and you can get tons of free tutorials.

Enter some contests on the forums here, thats where I made some of my first dollars online. Once you get used to how everything works you could probably find some local businesses that you could design websites for or update them.

Another thing to look into at some point is Affiliate Marketing, I just learned about that the beginning of this year and it's pretty cool.

Good luck, if you need any help feel free to contact me :)

EatingEmoKids, Aug 18, 2009 IP
  12. tajio

tajio Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow, Thanks for the advice everyone! :) really appreciate it.

I actually do know coding (XHTML/CSS) it's just that I really suck at it and when I do some coding... I just feel like stopping half-way.
    I will hopefully try and master it next year, once I finish my GCSE exams.

Anyways, I've made few money online through competitons but I really want to know what I should, what kind of site I should make to get some decent money.

Thanks Everyone.

tajio, Aug 19, 2009 IP
  13. anilg

anilg Active Member

Best Answers:
    Since you are knowledgeable about web designing, why don't create a website around your services and charge people for your services. You can use your paypal account to get payment for your work

anilg, Aug 19, 2009 IP
  14. Sensei.Design

Sensei.Design Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I started making money when I was 15 using photoshop

Sensei.Design, Aug 19, 2009 IP
  15. tajio

tajio Peon

Best Answers:
    Well yeah I plan on doing that, but right now I'm studying for my GCSE's so I can't always do freelancing work...I only do it in my spare free time.
    I'm looking for a easy way, like you don't have to do much work.

Thanks, Tajio

tajio, Aug 19, 2009 IP
  16. musicguru

musicguru Guest

Best Answers:
    Honestly, get off the internet and focus on Graphic Design through Ad Devlopment & Creation.

Start within your neighborhood/city -- market yourself by contacting local stores. Even better, market yourself to friends who have little businesses. For example, someone who cuts grass for neighbors. And with everything that you make, make sure it's big, catchy, and professional.

My friend started his graphic design career this way, and is currently making 6 figures/year.

Just remember you have to start of with reasonable goals (which you clearly seem to understand). All I can say is that while there is great potential with forums and marketing online, you'll be amazed with success that's right in your own neighborhood.

Hope this helps out some, and good luck!

musicguru, Aug 19, 2009 IP
  17. William2009

William2009 Guest

Best Answers:
    Mate Im only 18 and started a few years ago like you!
    I started by doing a few blogs just to learn a few basics, then started creating my own sites and then sell them off!
    Or
    I also have a few domains (20 or so) and try to sell them off or auction them. I brought a domain for $8 and sold it for $300!

William2009, Aug 19, 2009 IP
  18. Captain Tycoon

Captain Tycoon Active Member

Best Answers:
    ++ I recommend this too. Online isn't always the best option, since the market is so saturated, its really hard to compete; but offline in the other hand is quite easy especially if you're targeting your clients locally. Use all the sales techniques you can and be confident when you approach people, most people will judge you by your age, so use a professional approach use business cards...etc and surprise them with what you can do ;)

Good luck!

Captain Tycoon, Aug 19, 2009 IP
  19. SkullKing

SkullKing Guest

Best Answers:
    Honestly I think at 15 your going to e very busy if you get a lot of clients, I would learn PHP, SQL, jQuery and perfect CSS than when your older and have more spare time you can make your ideas come to life.

SkullKing, Aug 19, 2009 IP
  20. ovuh

ovuh Peon

Best Answers:
    There are loads of ways. Just remember, if you put the effort in, the money will come. The worst thing you can do is sit reading about methods rather than acting on them.

ovuh, Aug 19, 2009 IP