1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

$110 logo contest for a dog hotel/pet product store

Discussion in 'Design Contests' started by prajnaseeker, Aug 16, 2009.

$110 logo contest. Payment via Paypal.

I apologize for my english, I'm in Brazil so my native language is portuguese.

Project Overview:
    Logo for a dog hotel, store selling products for pets and farm animals, and other related services. We will not be selling any animals.

Details:
    * It sould include the business name, wich is "Paraíso Animal" (it means "animal paradise"). Please note the "´" in the word "Paraíso".
    * It should include the following animals: a dog, a cat, a horse and a bird, you can include more animals if you want. They should be cartoon/vector style, with clean lines, and look happy.
    * For the business colors, we choose orange (something close to #F19123) and green (near #9DDF17). These are just approximate, you can use another shades of green and orange or try something different if think there's no way of making these look good on a logo. It's a new business so now it's the right time to choose nice colors.

Suggestions (optional):
    I tought about including two palmtrees and a hammock with the animals on top, appearing together, just like people in a group picture: one besides each other, heads squeezed together, all looking "to the camera" and smiling. The idea is to look "paradisiac", like your pets are on a very pleasant vacation with their "new friends". These are just suggestions, you can design something *totally different* if you think you have a better idea, as long as it gives the idea of the pets taking a vacation in a nice place. Our business is on the coutryside, lots of trees, grass and nature all around. There will be a pool for the dogs and yard toys (like in children's daycare centers). I'm telling you this so you can "feel" what the business is about and design a compatible logo.

Sample Logos / Designs:
    I have a sketch I made but the distribution of the items is not good, the font is too fat, etc. I prefer not to "taint" or contaminate your creations with it right now. If no satisfactory entries are posted by the deadline, I'll post my sketch to serve as a guideline.

Contest Deliverables:
    The logo should be all vector in Corel Draw 12 .cdr format (tell me if that's a problem), scalable to any size, and suitable for print and web. You must supply the fonts and any other source materials used.

Deadline: Monday Aug 24, 2009 at 6pm
    We reserve the right to extend the deadline for a maximum of another 15 days if no satisfactory entries are posted. The winner will be selected (posted here, and paid) in no longer than 5 days after the deadline.

Thank you all and good luck!

prajnaseeker, Aug 16, 2009 IP
  2. katesrobyn

katesrobyn Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    will you accept design in PSD format?

katesrobyn, Aug 16, 2009 IP
  3. prajnaseeker

prajnaseeker Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Ok.

UPDATE: I will accept Photoshop PSD format **as long as there are no bitmaps in it, VECTOR ONLY** It needs to be scalable to any size (including lage sizes, like outdoors), and suitable for print and web.

prajnaseeker, Aug 17, 2009 IP
  4. Chewysmom

Chewysmom Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    then it can't be psd

Chewysmom, Aug 17, 2009 IP
  5. prajnaseeker

prajnaseeker Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Doesn't PSD support vectors?

6. Chewysmom

Chewysmom Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    no, photohop (psd format) pixelizes all images and fonts

Chewysmom, Aug 17, 2009 IP
  7. prajnaseeker

prajnaseeker Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Well, as you can see, I'm don't know much about design or the software used to do it.

NEW UPDATE: Please disregard the previous update about accepting .PSDs. However, Adobe Illustrator .ai is acceptable.

PSDs will not be accepted.
    Accepted filetypes: Corel Draw .cdr format OR Illustrator .ai format
    , it should be all vectors, scalable to any size, and suitable for print and web.

Sorry about the confusion.

I would appreciate if a moderator could delete my previous update about accepting PSD.

8. gfxpr0

gfxpr0 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Actually photoshop can produce vector images as long as you don't rasterize the layers. I design a lot of print jobs in Photoshop as they can export in PDF as well as vector EPS formats.

gfxpr0, Aug 17, 2009 IP
  9. katesrobyn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Yes, indeed...most artwork done by professionals are done in PSD (PSd is flexible, it has a shape tool that produces, fantastic, vectors!... as of me I also have done many vectors logo using Photoshop.)
    You may read more at www.adobe.com (tutorial)

and to some people out there, pls. don't answer questions, that you don't really know intensively, it is just shows how idiot your are!... just a tip.

katesrobyn, Aug 17, 2009 IP
  10. prajnaseeker

prajnaseeker Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Anyways... Don't wait until the last minute of the deadline. It would be nice to see your attempts at designing the logo. Let's work instead of discussing wich file format does what :)

prajnaseeker, Aug 18, 2009 IP
  11. Chewysmom

Chewysmom Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    my entry. Let me know what you think

[​IMG]

Chewysmom, Aug 18, 2009 IP
  12. gfxpr0

gfxpr0 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    With zero feedback and only having joined last month how can you guarantee that a payment will be made?

gfxpr0, Aug 18, 2009 IP
  13. prajnaseeker

prajnaseeker Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Chewysmom: Thanks for your entry. I think you got the main idea, and that's a good start, but something it missing to make it look a bit more "professional". The inside of the letters look a bit "blurry", maybe try removing the "shadow" inside them. Nice touch adding the fish and the parrot. However, the animals should have more "personality".
    I'm posting a few cartoon animals I found on the web to give you an idea of what style of cartoon I'm looking for. I don't mean the expression of the animals (or their big heads), but the clean lines, flat colors (no shading), and overall personality. also, the animals on the logo should look happy. Here they are: http://www.paraisoanimal.net/index2.html

gfxpr0: Chewysmom entry had been posted for only one hour when you said there was no feedback. I will provide feedback for ALL ENTRIES, but it will take a few hours or even a day since I'm not in front of the computer all day long.
    I can't think of something I can do to guarantee that the payment will be done, except giving you my word. If someone provides me a service, obviously, I'll pay them. Not paying would be just wrong, unethical and unfair. For what, saving a hundred bucks?! In my religion (I'm a buddhist), we value very much ethics, abstaining from doing harm and doing good. Anyway, iIf you can think of something I can do to make you feel more secure about the payment, please let me know.

prajnaseeker, Aug 18, 2009 IP
  14. Chewysmom

Chewysmom Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    thanks for feedback, I'll work on another design and enter it soon

Chewysmom, Aug 18, 2009 IP
  15. katesrobyn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    i will submit.... in a while.

katesrobyn, Aug 18, 2009 IP
  16. gfxpr0

gfxpr0 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Sorry, I meant iTrader. Thanks for your word

gfxpr0, Aug 19, 2009 IP
  17. prajnaseeker

prajnaseeker Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Chewysmom: ur welcome, thanks for your entry.

katesrobyn: looking forward to see it.

gfxpr0: sorry about the feedback confusion, I was not familiar with the itrader thing.

prajnaseeker, Aug 19, 2009 IP
  18. katesrobyn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Here's mine;

[​IMG]

feedback appreciated, colors can be applied to animals.

katesrobyn, Aug 19, 2009 IP
  19. prajnaseeker

prajnaseeker Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    katesrobyn: Thank you for your entry.
    - I like the clean lines, the "professional" feel of the design and the way all the elements "integrate" with each other.
    - The animals stacked on top of each other reminds me of a circus or a totem pole. I think putting them on a horizontal row would be better..
    - It would be nice to see some color on the animals. The palmtrees and other elements of nature would probably look better in green. Some more color will probably make the design "come alive" .
    - The palmtree on the right is ok. In the left I can't really say if it's a palm tree or one of those big umbrellas people take to the beach to protect themselves from the sun (don't know the word in english).
    - You forgot the ´ character on top of the letter i in the word "paraiso".
    - Horses have smaller ears and longer faces, the character is nice but it looks like a donkey :). (type "horse" in google images)

prajnaseeker, Aug 20, 2009 IP
  20. katesrobyn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'll post in mins... i guess there, best on their position for a crowded animals... i will render them with colors...i'll post it in a while. What character in the i ?

note: the logo inspiration>> animals are on the top of their table taking pic. together, with the sun beach umbrella beside them, and with tropical environment. :)

katesrobyn, Aug 20, 2009 IP