1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Lighttpd + php5 how to downgrade zend ?

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by hip_hop_x, Jul 25, 2009.

I installed on my vps lighttpd and php5, but by default it has zend optimizer 2.2.0 and i want to downgrade it to 1.3.0
    I wasn't able to find anything on google that could help me, do you know how i could do this downgrade for zend optimizer?

hip_hop_x, Jul 25, 2009 IP
  2. molten

molten Member

Best Answers:
    it depends on your OS template ... in centos for example ... u need to reinstall the os template(and zend version you want to keep) and then edit the repos file of yum .. making a exception (you must google it on linux forums)... to avoid upgrade the current install of zend .. and in that way u will get always updates but zend will keep the version u have installed previously ... but ... i really do not recomend it ... i have done that in the past ... and my server got several problems , some other packs will depend of new version of zend .... ,your vps will turn unstable .. why do you want to do that? ... just for ask :D

molten, Jul 26, 2009 IP
  3. CandyCottonLover

CandyCottonLover Banned

Best Answers:
    Why do you need old zend version? izzit a script requirement? Using old version of zend while updating the rest will cause system instability. Really really not recommended to try..

CandyCottonLover, Jul 26, 2009 IP
  4. hip_hop_x

hip_hop_x Active Member

Best Answers:
    yes it's centos 5, and i can't reinstall cent os because i got allot of things there, it's a script requirement, eaccelerator requires zend 1.3.0, else i get an error.

hip_hop_x, Jul 26, 2009 IP
  5. molten

molten Member

Best Answers:
    to acelerate your php ... u can "touch" your php.ini ... and enable compression , there is another thread about that ...

i think u must search for php.ini optimization.

or .htaccess
    php_flag zlib.output_compression On
    php_value zlib.output_compression_level 5 (can be -1 ---------> 9 ) (more high number ..more load of server to compress, choose te good 1 for you)

will save you bandwith too .. and in this way .. your php will run faster ..

molten, Jul 26, 2009 IP
  6. hip_hop_x

hip_hop_x Active Member

Best Answers:
    i want to downgrade zend to 1.3.0 for eaccelerator to be able to run a game wich is compiled with eaccelerator, so i need to know if anyone knows a way on downgrading zend version.

hip_hop_x, Jul 26, 2009 IP