1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Microsoft sales drop missing estimates

Discussion in 'Bing' started by drhowarddrfine, Jul 23, 2009.

drhowarddrfine, Jul 23, 2009 IP
  2. nontemplates

nontemplates Peon

Best Answers:
    OH my gooness Howard you are right.

MS must be dead. They fell by 17% ending in June with revenue of 13 billion and net income of 3 billion while
    Google ended in June with 5.52 billion in revenue and net income of 1.48 billion

Time to party : D .....but hold on there

13 billion > 5.52 and
    3 billion > 1.46 billion

Rats :(

Howard got my hopes up there until I realized the maths. Worse is that Google gets nearly 70% of their revenue from their sites so what happens when the economy recovers and people start buying more computers, software upgrades etc?

Rats again MS will be cut some of that 17% loss

Not to fear theres always Apple - oh but its not an open source OS maker either - oh well.

I just wish Apple would open up some. Despite our disagreements on the whole death to MS thing I agree with you that I'd like to see a bit more competition. Not sure I want it to be google though. They already have a nice hold on the search market don't want to see how monopolistic they would become if they control web OS and apps.

nontemplates, Jul 23, 2009 IP
  3. RightMan

RightMan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I am a fan of neither Google nor Microsoft as both are guilty of showing monopolistic virtues...imo :(

I would though love to see them cross roads and enter each others territory, to finally have a good competition in both the segments in which they dominate! :)
    MS results were surely bad and little worse than what I expected them to deliver! :(

Regards,

RightMan

RightMan, Jul 23, 2009 IP
  4. dynashox

dynashox Premium Member Staff

Best Answers:
    I believe their sales will go up again once they release Windows 7 in October this year.

- Dynashox -

dynashox, Jul 23, 2009 IP
  5. f13productions

f13productions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Agreed with Dynashox, windows 7 might give them a boost.

f13productions, Jul 23, 2009 IP
  6. nontemplates

nontemplates Peon

Best Answers:
    It will give them a boost but alot of their money is made when new computers are bundled with their OS. Only when the economy comes out of the dog house will that pick up again both consumer wise and corporate. I see Windows 7 being the OS release that the corps will upgrade to (not right now but too many were never going to go for vista)

nontemplates, Jul 23, 2009 IP