1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Contests Holders with Abandoned Projects - No winners Announced

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by typingmums, Jul 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    After a discussion with various contest holders, and designers alike, we've come to the conclusion that a thread listing the Contest Holders who dont announce winners would be a great idea. This is a massive problem here on DP and is one of the things that would push me to not use the forum any longer. I really dont want this to happen as I enjoy my time here, but something just has to be done.

Lets try to keep this thread to the point without having a massive discussion about it, there is another thread going where you can have your say (http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1425936#post12037695). For this thread we want to keep it easy to find the Contest holders we should be avoiding.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2009
    typingmums, Jul 22, 2009 IP
    Nora likes this.
  2. buffalo

buffalo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately, threads like this that are created for the sole purpose of accusing somebody, are not allowed. If a contest holder has abandoned a contest there are a few things that you are allowed to do. You may leave a negative review in the contest thread. You may give the person red reps. If you have been announced as the winner and they do not pay, then you may leave a negative iTrader.

If you would like to protect yourself from wasting time on a contest that isn't going to pay out, do some research on the CH before you enter. Look at their other contest threads and see if they have paid in the past and look at the comments that have been left on their previous contests.

We do not issue infractions or bans for people that abandon contests because they are not violating forum rules. It's impossible for us to determine if the contest was actually abandoned or ended for some other reason. It is a forum policy that we do not get involved in business disputes between members http://forums.digitalpoint.com/faq.php?faq=policies#faq_member_disputes

buffalo, Aug 13, 2009 IP
    Oranges likes this.
  3. typingmums

typingmums Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This thread isnt for the sole purpose of 'accusing' anyone at all. It is for the sole purpose of hi-lighting to designers which CH are trust worthy. If we could leave neg iTrader for CHs who dont give a stuff about wasting the designers times, then that would work out great, but unfortunately that is also against the 'forum rules' along with the moderators doing nothing about it also because its against the 'forum rules'. From what I can see in my own CP (this may be able to be changed... I'm not sure) but only the most recent 5 reputations are visible?? Whats the point in leaving red reputation if nobody can see it??

typingmums, Aug 13, 2009 IP
  4. buffalo

Best Answers:
    If that was the sole reason, then you would be listing the good ones and not the bad ones.

Only the last 5 of yours are visible to you, but the number of green blobs that shows on every post gives everyone an idea of how many reps you have been given. If every designer that participates in a contest that is abandoned leaves the CH a red rep, then soon all of their green blobs will be gone.

And you still have the ability to look at their previous contests and get an excellent idea of what they have done in the past. ;)

buffalo, Aug 13, 2009 IP
    sawz likes this.
  5. Stroh

Stroh Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah but when someone reports a thread to close it and asked the moderator to kindly edit the first post to announce who won, it would help clear some headaches if they actually helped edit the first post. My last contest ended that way cause my last post wasn't editable and double posting is prohibited / not allowed. of course the mod just closed the thread didn't bother to read the second part so people started PMing me to find out who won.

Stroh, Aug 14, 2009 IP
  6. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Then you should have asked the person who won to post a brief deal review / feedback in the thread before having it closed. Then there would have been no questions, and you wouldn't have had to bump anything.

jhmattern, Aug 15, 2009 IP
  7. Stroh

Stroh Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Oh well all people had to do was look at the iTrader lol.

Stroh, Aug 15, 2009 IP
  8. fewture

fewture Peon

Best Answers:
    you posted on my thread: http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?p=11853584 on july 23rd that i didn't pick a winner when i did, but just didn't post it. it shows in my "user cp" that i have reputation received on that thread. is that a negative thing? who do i talk to about removing it?

fewture, Aug 17, 2009 IP
    buffalo likes this.
  9. buffalo

Best Answers:
    I removed the false reviews from your thread. In the future, please be sure to post the winners as soon as possible to avoid any confusion. Unfortunately there's not much that can be done about the rep comment. Reputation is an unmoderated area, but continue to do good business and your greens will far outweigh your reds. :D

buffalo, Aug 17, 2009 IP
  10. typingmums

Best Answers:
    Well what a waste of time this thread was - might aswell close it because it serves absolutely no purpose whatsoever now that all of the information has been deleted... CH might aswell just continue to use and abuse designers at their will... there is no comeback so why wouldnt they??

Please close this thread and I'll remove it from my signature... waste of time!!

typingmums, Aug 20, 2009 IP
  11. blankeyecue

blankeyecue Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Is this closed?
    We need this so we could avoid contest holders.

This is good for us so we could watch out for abusive contest holders.

blankeyecue, Jan 16, 2010 IP
  12. typingmums

Best Answers:
    its not closed blankey, but its completely useless as all the information regarding those CH's who've abandoned contests has been removed!

typingmums, Jan 16, 2010 IP
  13. blankeyecue

blankeyecue Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Lets put this up..
    Its a big help for us designers..

blankeyecue, Jan 16, 2010 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.