1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Stopped Indexing My site !

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by SOULZRIPPER, Jul 20, 2009.

http://KamalHasa.com

That's my blog.. The awstats shows the bot is visiting everyday but it is not indexing right after 10th of this month..

I even put up a thread on Google webmaster tools forum but to no avail.

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Webmasters/thread?tid=36b1353028eae43f&hl=en

My host is Iwhic.com, right around the 10th of this month I faced a problem with Akismet that it's ip's were being blocked then I contacted them and got their ip's whitelisted.

And then I started to notice google stopped indexing any of my blog posts thereafter.

I dunno if it's a DNS issue, ISP issue, Plugin issue :(

I am pretty sure I made no changes which can be termed the suspect.

Neither did any of my other sites on the same erver over at iwhic.

Iwhic aint accepting anything faulty from their end. People at google webmaster tools have no idea.

Damn !

SOULZRIPPER, Jul 20, 2009 IP
  2. cipals15

cipals15 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe resubmit your sitemaps.. :)

cipals15, Jul 20, 2009 IP
  3. ~kev~

~kev~ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How do you know that google stopped indexing your site? Sometimes the google search bot will not crawl the site for a few days, maybe a week or two and then google will do a deep crawl.

And, it looks like you opened your site in May of 2009? Its a new site, do not expect google to do anything with new sites. Your site might get crawled, indexed and not touched again for a month. When your site reaches 6 months old - or more - then google will be crawling it on a regular basis.

~kev~, Jul 20, 2009 IP
  4. SOULZRIPPER

SOULZRIPPER Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well the thing is everything was like a chain of events. First akismet problem, and then google stopped indexing completely.

And I did resubmit the sitemaps :

[​IMG]

Shows up with error.

5. Zirkon Kalti

Zirkon Kalti Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If it shows the sitemap error status, it means there is some error with your sitemap. It could also be Google bot cannot connect to your server because your host have a firewall rule that blocks.

Zirkon Kalti, Jul 20, 2009 IP
  6. SOULZRIPPER

Best Answers:
    But the thing is it shows in awstats the last the bot visited. That's yesterday.

And look at this:

[​IMG]

The steep and the downfall in the graph !

7. Zirkon Kalti

Zirkon Kalti Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Try socialbookmarking your website to social media sites like Digg, Propeller, Linkagogo, etc.

Zirkon Kalti, Jul 20, 2009 IP
  8. SOULZRIPPER

Best Answers:
    That's what I do. I guess you are not understanding my problem.
    The problem is not with the traffic. It's about the G bot which just stopped indexing my site though the awstats shows it's visits everyday. And it's about the repeated errors that I have been getting with sitemap. And this particular error in my webmaster tools:

robots.txt unreachable

[​IMG]

9. Canonical

Canonical Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Make sure that AWStats is validating not only the user agent (googlebot) but ALSO their IP. Bad crawlers will frequently crawl your site w/ Googlebot as their user agent to avoid redirections put in place to keep the bad bots off of a site.

It does appear that the last time they crawled your site was July 10th since the last time your home page was cached at Google was July 10th. I checked about 20 other pages and none had been indexed since then. Had Google been crawling your site daily, weekly, monthly prior to the problem?

It could also be that Googlebot crawled the site, queued up the content to be indexed, but it just hasn't been indexed yet because it was given a low priority for some reason. Who knows. If it doesn't correct itself soon I would submit a Reconsideration Request explaining the problem that you had w/ Akismet and letting them know it's been fixed.

Canonical, Jul 20, 2009 IP
  10. SOULZRIPPER

Best Answers:
    OMG finally someone on my side :)

Well Google used to index my posts in less than few hours !!!!

11. SOULZRIPPER

Best Answers:
    Alright guys am sick and tired of finding who has to be blamed about this.

So I am switching my host from Iwhic.com to Hostgator.

I primarily got few blogs that has to be moved. Anything that you guys have to warn me before I start transferring my sites ?

SOULZRIPPER, Jul 21, 2009 IP
  12. generation2020

generation2020 Member

Best Answers:
    R u sure that G crawler is visiting your website? If yes, then make sure that your contents are not stolen and pasted on any other website. This is the case as if your contents are duplicate then that webpage will not be indexed.

generation2020, Jul 22, 2009 IP