1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Link Vault is Better? Co-Op Network Alternative

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by City2, Apr 22, 2005.

Hi everyone :) I'v been trying to rank up my pages for a while and tried co-op network but its not the same. Google always took away value when a website has a link to it, then disapears the next visit. It tells google that the content is old because the person stopped linking to it. Msn started doing this too this month and it sucks big time. Anybody try out Link vault? I am giving them a try and pretty amazed with results.. the links are static and dont move when you refresh and you can set up how many links you want per day and it works wonders because you dont get problems for having too many links very fast... for whoever is new and doesnt know about it yet here is a link

- P.S: Sorry about that DigitalPoint

City2, Apr 22, 2005 IP
  2. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    A redirect using your affiliate link?

fryman, Apr 22, 2005 IP
  3. capebretoner

capebretoner Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Now how anal are they about this....depending on who is reading someone in your forum might say that Christianity is the only true religion, and LOTS of people will find that offensive. What is your take City2?

Also someone should tell them that they are using a vunerable version of phpBB

capebretoner, Apr 22, 2005 IP
  4. noppid

noppid gunnin' for the quota

Best Answers:
    Someone turned me onto this, but the forum is not public. If they have something to hide, I'll pass.

Everthing here is done in public for review.

Or did I miss the proper link?

EDIT, ok, found one that works, I take that back.

noppid, Apr 22, 2005 IP
  5. AfterHim.com

AfterHim.com Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd love to see some research on your assumed, rumored, theoretical, hypothesis.

AfterHim.com, Apr 22, 2005 IP
  6. sue

sue Peon

Best Answers:
    And as is 95% of other 'seo' until its tested.. however, we do have a patent outlining this one.. ok, so its owner isn't google, its the google engineers.. does this mean its not in use? well I don't think one bit of the google algo is published, so we will never know unless we test it.

As for the original post, thats life, if there is a gap in the market someone comes along and fills the gap. In this case it was the need for permanent links.

sue, Apr 23, 2005 IP
  7. Stin

Stin Guest

Best Answers:
    they certainly have a nice looking site though... something I cant quite say for the coop

Stin, Apr 23, 2005 IP
  8. air

air Active Member

Best Answers:
    Is it against the TOS of coop to use coop in one directory of your site and vault in another directory?

air, Apr 23, 2005 IP
  9. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Yup, it is

fryman, Apr 23, 2005 IP
  10. Dominic

Dominic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I like the static links and the graduated roll out. Interesting.

Dominic, Apr 23, 2005 IP
  11. sue

sue Peon

Best Answers:
    sue, Apr 24, 2005 IP
  12. mattmdesign

mattmdesign Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hmm.. I think the terms of service page should be changed then.

"Co-op ad network ads should be the exclusive ad network used for that site. This means those sites are not able to utilize a similar advertising network (Google AdSense and other contextual ads are not considered similar). The main reason for this is to prevent users from overloading their own sites with ads and diminishing the overall quality of the sites in the ad network."

http://www.digitalpoint.com/tools/ad-network/tos.html

mattmdesign, Apr 24, 2005 IP
  13. JonahViaKeyboard

JonahViaKeyboard Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been using Link Vault (and have used the Coop, too). I had a little trouble getting validated with the Coop as I had moved some pages that Google refused to get out of its index. I like link vault though because it is harder for engines to identify the link automation. The coop is great, but can be detected more easily by engines than Link Vault, IMO.

JonahViaKeyboard, Apr 25, 2005 IP
  14. Infiniterb

Infiniterb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just an FYI...I'm working on making updates about Link Vault on my blog regarding how it works, the way BLs are accumulated, how vaultage is used, etc. You can click the link in my sig.

Infiniterb, May 2, 2005 IP
  15. Svato

Svato Peon

Best Answers:
    Link Vault is clearly a stolen idea from COOP. However, they have brought their system further and implemented everything what coop should have done.

Next step should be COOP stealing all Link-Vault ideas in return and implementing it here, so that we all don't have to switch to Link-Vault :)

What do you think Shawn?

Svato, May 3, 2005 IP
  16. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The ad network will continually evolve (like everything I do). They are actually doing some things I had tossed around but decided against. For example, the auto-update mechanism... in fact, early versions of the co-op did auto-update itself. The problem with that (for me) is it becomes a huge security issue and a massive liability on my end. Using such an auto-update mechanism means that you are essentially granting permission to run whatever code the master server wishes. Of course, I knew I wasn't going to push anything down to everyone's servers that I shouldn't be... but the fact that my server *could* was too scary for me. If something happened to the server (hacked for example), someone could get clever with the code to push down and essentially take over every machine that auto-updates itself. So while it saves everyone a little trouble when an update happens, it wasn't something that would have let me sleep comfortably at night.

I'm not a SEO for a living, I develop high-end software for work, so I'm "wired" to always think about worst case scenarios.

digitalpoint, May 3, 2005 IP
  17. e10

e10 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Shawn,

Just a suggestion but I don´t think this Link Vault thing is going to go away. The Coop has restrictions that make it impossible for some people to join and that alone - apart from all the questions about static links, running both together and yada, yada, yada means that the same threads will come up again and again.

The Coop has some fiercely loyal members which alone shows that it has been a valuable tool for them. Would it be helpful perhaps to add a Link Vault thread to Other Toos or somewhere so instead of becoming a Coop vs Link Vault fest, it is clear that the two networks offer a different service?

e10, May 3, 2005 IP
  18. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    There are threads already there I believe.

digitalpoint, May 3, 2005 IP
  19. e10

e10 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hmm. Yes. I guess I meant a topic. It seems silly to keep tripping over the LV thing here and there when you have a great thing going with the Coop. If there was a specific topic then people could both share their experience and go to learn about LV as a seperate tool, without constantly comparing it to DP.

Never mind. I´m probably havering.

e10, May 3, 2005 IP
  20. Clearwater Florida

Clearwater Florida Peon

Best Answers:
    I am new but wish to offer an opinion on this matter. I think Shawn is being quite generous by allowing these posts to remain on his forum. This says a lot about his character. Anyone can see that LV is a spin-off of his coop network. I applaud this forum for allowing these posts on LV so that others can learn of this program but I will say Shawn is a bigger man than me because I wouldn’t allow it.

Put yourself in his shoes for s sec. Look at the thousands of hours it must have took him to not only write this coop program but also the time it took to test, fix, rewrite and test again before offering it to the members of this forum. Those that are loyal to the coop, I am sure it is not only because of Shawn’s hard work but also his character.

Clearwater Florida, May 3, 2005 IP