1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A really cool free program to check PageRank ...

Discussion in 'Products & Tools' started by tayiper, Sep 11, 2006.

I just thought to let you know: as an alternative to Firefox's "Google Pagerank Status" extension (and of course beside Google Toolbar and/or numerous sites offering free PR checks), there is also a 14 KB, single-executable/no-installation-required program from NirSoftware site called GoogRank that does this, i.e. checks the PR (btw. there are many other useful utilities on that site too), while it's totally easy to use too ...

Here's the thumbnail of the program's interface screenshot (click to see it in full size):

[​IMG]

tayiper

tayiper, Sep 11, 2006 IP
  2. Wyla

Wyla Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thats not very useful since you can find programs online that do the same thing without you having to download anything...

Wyla, Sep 11, 2006 IP
  3. ystoredesign

ystoredesign Guest

Best Answers:
    ystoredesign, Sep 12, 2006 IP
  4. noppid

noppid gunnin' for the quota

Best Answers:
    And according to matt cutts, every one of them is useless the way I understand it. :/

noppid, Sep 12, 2006 IP
  5. tayiper

tayiper Active Member

Best Answers:
    There certainly are many of them, and yeah, they don't seem to be so useless to me. Anyways, I personally use the Webmaster Eyes one, which nicely analyzes the page and all the links on it (i.e. it shows the PRs of links on a checked page)

FYI, on my site I also use badges with PR displayed; on "index.html" page the one from UrlTrends and on others the one from MyPagerank.net (on this site you can also check it on-line by in-putting the desired URL), although I know for at least one more site that offers this.

tayiper

tayiper, Sep 15, 2006 IP
  6. john2006

john2006 Guest

Best Answers:

They are totally useless, expect for people like you who prefer to spend most of their time checking page ranks and how you much they make with Google instead of adding tons of new quality content to their site.

john2006, Sep 16, 2006 IP
  7. tayiper

tayiper Active Member

Best Answers:
    As first, how do you know that (i.e. that I prefer spending my time checking PRs), and as second, if that would be true, then these programs would be useful for my particular case, so you are contradicting your own words ...

Please just get hell outta here (or better yet, die or something) with such useless replies !!

tayiper

tayiper, Sep 16, 2006 IP
  8. john2006

john2006 Guest

Best Answers:
    Wishing people dead over something so minor...you need an anger management class. ;)

john2006, Sep 16, 2006 IP
  9. mjp92122

mjp92122 Peon

Best Answers:
    And english lessons.

mjp92122, Sep 16, 2006 IP
  10. mjp92122

mjp92122 Peon

Best Answers:
    Toolbar PR is not the same as live PR so the PR you see listed even in all data centers never reveal the true PR of a site. Also, all future Page Rank checkers are useless. They used to depend on the RK parameter, but Google doesn't display it anymore.

mjp92122, Sep 16, 2006 IP
  11. abrahamdomain

abrahamdomain Peon

Best Answers:
    I found this tool to be of very limited use anyway IMHO

abrahamdomain, Sep 16, 2006 IP