1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to get good backup links?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by rehmansiddiq, Jun 28, 2009.

Hello.I recently heard that to get good pr you need to have good backup link for the website.So can anybody tell me that how can i get good backup links??

My website is http://www.FunDelight.Com

rehmansiddiq, Jun 28, 2009 IP
  2. zexy

zexy Guest

Best Answers:
    Build a small number of satellite sites closely related to your niche and develop them. The quality doesn't matter so much. Then link to your money making sites. Google loves related in-content backlinks. You might need to distribute your satellites on 2-3-4 different IPs for maximum SEO value. Ask your webmaster friends to give you a hand as well.

zexy, Jun 28, 2009 IP
    MargoFarrel likes this.
  3. jitendraag

jitendraag Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Satelite site idea is being used by many webmasters. I will also recommend that you do submissions to directories, articles etc. to get more backlinks.

jitendraag, Jun 28, 2009 IP
  4. aomao

aomao Peon

Best Answers:
    Is 4 satelites is enough for one site?

aomao, Jul 29, 2009 IP
  5. 22websitedesign

22websitedesign Peon

Best Answers:
    Link exchange with good PR site. If your site is new,try to get submit more amd more 1 way directories.

22websitedesign, Jul 29, 2009 IP
  6. Dan Schulz

Dan Schulz Peon

Best Answers:
    I've posted this on SitePoint AND SEO.com - might as well make its appearance here.

You want real links? MERIT based links? The kind of links your competitors would kill their own mothers for? Well here you go. Have fun, and use your new knowledge responsibly.

1.5 Million USD - How to use it to obtain top 5 serp position for premium segment - SitePoint Forums
    12 Link Building Tactics For 2008 | Performancing.com
    Before You Start Link Building - Search Engine Watch (SEW)
    Building Keyword Rich Inbound Links - Wordtracker
    Building links without asking - Wordtracker
    ClickZ: Eric Ward (author profile - read all his articles or else)
    Creating Effective URLs - Website Publisher.
    Dont Blame Google For Your Own Linking Failures
    Eric Ward's Link Building Masterclass - Wordtracker
    Find the best links - Wordtracker
    Go Link Yourself! - Search Engine Guide Blog
    High-Value Link Building is Hard Work - Search Engine Watch (SEW)
    How I do Directory Submissions | Website Publisher Blog
    Link Building – Finding the Right Site | SEO.com
    Link Building Best Practices - Questions and Answers with Eric Ward (read everything in here - including the "strategies" tag contents)
    Link Building Starts at Home - ClickZ
    Link Building Strategies: 69 Solid Tactics For 2009 | Wiep.net
    Linking Strategies - Articles and Advice from Link Building Expert Eric Ward, aka Link Moses
    My "Must Have" List of Directories - Search Engine Watch (SEW) (disclaimer: quality of info is debatable)
    Tips for finding the best pages to get links from. - Jim Boykins SEO Blog
    Part Two: Tips for finding the best pages to get links from. - Jim Boykins SEO Blog
    Eric Ward's "The Ward Report" Article Archive (requires login - username is "eric" password is "ward" - login info is public knowledge and available elsewhere on ericward.com)
    Search Engine Friendly URLs - Website Publisher.
    SEOmoz | Diagrams That Can Help You Define the Proper Anchor Text of Internal Links
    SEOmoz | Down and Dirty: Write Your Own URL Rewrite
    SEOmoz | Link Building Posts from the Blog (some of the content in here is of questionable quality - once you've read everything else, you'll know what to avoid in here)
    SEOmoz | URL Rewrites and 301 Redirects - How Does It All Work?
    Site Architecture: Optimizing your Internal Links - Website Publisher.
    The Definitive Link Building Strategy - Wordtracker
    The Link Building Mindset - Wordtracker
    THE WARD REPORT NEWSLETTER by ERIC WARD
    What Your Link Request Should Contain and Why - ClickZ
    How do I get links to my Web site? - Search Engine Guide Blog
    Building Keyword Rich Inbound Links - Wordtracker
    SEO Linking Gotchas Even The Pros Make
    The Perfect Link Request
    131 (Legitimate) Link Building Strategies - Search Engine Watch (SEW)

I have more links to articles about link building you'll be interested, but this should be more than enough to get you started (plus a lot of the other links I have are just "rehash" anyway).

Dan Schulz, Jul 30, 2009 IP
  7. SabQat

SabQat Peon

Best Answers:
    use signature in forum post. try link exchange

SabQat, Jul 31, 2009 IP
  8. Dan Schulz

Dan Schulz Peon

Best Answers:
    Those links are worthless. Why do you think they don't improve rankings?

Dan Schulz, Jul 31, 2009 IP
    stxmaps likes this.
  9. rezaputra

rezaputra Banned

Best Answers:
    i have a little tips.
    Making many article that have hyperlink to your money making website, and submit it to article directory
    like ezinearticles.com
    try making article in high searching keyword.

This is alternative tips instead you paid for review

rezaputra, Jul 31, 2009 IP
  10. rashida

rashida Active Member

Best Answers:
    By doing article marketing and press releases you can get one way quality backlinks to your site.

rashida, Aug 2, 2009 IP
  11. Dan Schulz

Dan Schulz Peon

Best Answers:
    Eh, not really. Articles have to be highly targeted to the right audiences (go where the fish are), and press releases are typically public relations documents, not marketing (though when done properly they CAN be used for that purpose - IF they get picked up by the news wires*).

* I am using this term loosely to mean "journalists and other media outlets"

Dan Schulz, Aug 3, 2009 IP
  12. james.jakab

james.jakab Peon

Best Answers:
    Participating in more forums and submit your comment on dofollow blogs with your blog link ..That will help you to drive more traffic

james.jakab, Aug 5, 2009 IP
  13. neotester

neotester Peon

Best Answers:
    In my humble opinion the best ways to get backlinks to your site are:

1. - Get quoted. It's something hard to achieve but I think we all have to admit this is a very good method to get spotted and get backlinks. Plus, there's nothing more satisfying then being quoted.
    2. - Create a small number of link exchanges, but with websites that create frequent content.

These practices best apply when you have a blog since blogs tend to create frequent content.

neotester, Aug 6, 2009 IP
  14. stupidcamel

stupidcamel Member

Best Answers:
    link exchange is a very effective way. signatures in posts on forums are also good idea. But any way, these all requires dedicated working.

stupidcamel, Aug 6, 2009 IP
  15. Marketers Center

Marketers Center Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles are cost-effective for decent contextual one-way links. Some press release directories will also give one-way links, I've had some pretty good results with PR marketing myself.

But these are techniques you would have to use for yourself to really see the effect....

Alternatively, you could spend the majority of your time racking up 20,000+ posts on DP, Sitepoint, and other places in the timespan of less than 3 years.

Newbie tip: Mental SEO masturbation only gets you so far.

Mastery of SEO: Achieved with less talk and more do.

Marketers Center, Aug 8, 2009 IP
  16. Dan Schulz

Dan Schulz Peon

Best Answers:
    *blocks the cheap rim shot and takes the ball to the other end of the court*

I never said articles sucked - I just said it's far better to go to the top sites in your niche and ask them if they're looking for writers than going to the article directories. Why do you think people like Danny Sullivan, Jill Whalen, Dan Thies, David Davies, Eric Enge, Rae Hoffman, Eric Ward, et al are so successful with their search marketing campaigns? Because they know where their target audience is, what they read, and what they like. In other words, like a good angler, they go where the best schools of fish are (in this case, readers who want to know more about search engine optimization and marketing).

As for press releases, they're NEWS, not advertising or sales pitches. Journalists have a lot of so-called "press releases" to filter through on a daily basis and not enough time to go through them all. If a journalist (or her editor) had to choose between a groundbreaking press release ("local company buys homes for families displaced by five alarm fire") and a sales pitched masked as a press release ("company X offers new service to existing clients") which one do you think they're going to pick up?

Oh, and your cheap personal attack was pretty cute. My 20,000+ posts offer unique and insightful content that many people have found very helpful and useful over the years. And that content was written in my SPARE TIME. Imagine if I was dedicating 15 hours a day to this.

And regarding your "mental SEO masturbation" and "mastery of SEO", my very first SEO client was on the verge of bankruptcy when they contacted me. Within one week I practically doubled both their company's site traffic and sales. Today they're doing pretty damn well despite the current economic climate. Can you say the same thing?

Dan Schulz, Aug 8, 2009 IP
    smokey99 likes this.
  17. ISU

ISU Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    all those articles are bs and half of them are clearly written for service promotion. All of them tell the same old story its just written in different words. Call me dumb but i would suggest you to think what is the meaning of all those words after you read each article. I bet you will see its the same shit and it makes me angry cuz u can spend months reading it and at the end you will realize that you didn't learn anything...
    Show me step by step how to get one way backlinks since you read all those articles. I wonder how you will back that up

ISU, Aug 8, 2009 IP
  18. Dan Schulz

Dan Schulz Peon

Best Answers:
    And pray tell, what do you advise people to do? Spam blogs, directories, forums and social media sites? If you're going to try and debunk something, back it up with evidence rather than antedotal claims and half-baked opinions.

Dan Schulz, Aug 8, 2009 IP
  19. Marketers Center

Marketers Center Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You're right Dan getting a guest blog post on an authority site is much better than getting an article on EZinearticles, but how many times can you request a guest blog post and how many times will your enquiry actually get answered?

Those SEOs you've listed and hold in high esteem aren't necessarily great SEO's, they can just yell the loudest and yell often. Theres lots of underrated SEOs that go unnoticed (unfortunately for newbies) but have 100x more to teach (and don't say the same things over and over again).

I want to apologize for the attacks. You're no doubt trying to help people out which is admirable, and I can respect that. But you're denouncing techniques which you've never used and quotes like these tell me you've never article marketed before:

I can't say I've ever pulled a company out of bankruptcy in a week, but I can say that I've link built and done SEO for a couple hundred clients, from SEO consultants themselves to completely clueless about SEO.

Marketers Center, Aug 8, 2009 IP
  20. Dan Schulz

Dan Schulz Peon

Best Answers:
    My enquiries always get answered because I'm polite, courteous and addressing the site owner personally when I write my letters. Even if the answer isn't what I want, I still take a few minutes to thank them and ask that they keep me in mind if they ever need a guest writer. I don't think of the marketing side of SEO as some impersonal activity that happens behind closed doors or a mystical endeavour that only "the gifted" can practice - I just see it as another form of building relationships.

And my clients (not to mention the third parties I contact on their behalf) actually appreciate it.

Given the following he has, I'd hardly say the owner of BlueHatSEO.com goes unnoticed. I will say this though - he and I are a lot alike in some ways, and that's fine. I didn't mention him because he takes a programmer's approach to SEO, whereas I prefer to focus on the human element. And as far as "not saying the same things over and over again" if more people actually took their advice, they wouldn't have to sound like a broken record... broken record... broken record... broken record. :p

I'll be more than happy to accept that apology - after all, "no blood, no report". :D

That's one interpretation. The fact is I prefer article marketing strategies that increase the value for the reader (they learn something useful) and the client (a valuable link that won't get knocked down easily) compared to throwing lots of articles at a lot of sites hoping that one or two of them will stick. Sure, they others will add some value, but I prefer quality over quantity - and I tend to do the writing myself, so I only have so much time I can devote to the task. Hence my reasons for quality over quantity - I may push out fewer articles, but the ones I do strive to be the best they can possibly be.

As long as they're happy with the quality of service you give them, at the end of the day that's all that matters when it comes to your bottom line. :)

Dan Schulz, Aug 9, 2009 IP
    MargoFarrel and Bohol like this.