1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

[WTS] WordpressDB dot com ! Sell wordpress databases online

Discussion in 'Sites' started by versus2, Jun 26, 2009.

Hi,

I'd like to sell the site that made me about $3000 in the last 2.5. http://www.wordpressdb.com

Well, I've bought the databases about 2.5 years ago and converted it into wordpress structure.

It made thousands in sales, mostly in the begining when I was promoting it. These days I don't promote it at all and still makes a few sales a month which can come to a $100-$200 per month.

The problem at the moment is that the databases are a bit outdated. They fit to Wordpress v2.0.7 and v.2.1 so in the insturctions the buyers are requested to set it up first on these versions and only then upgrade if they want.
    If one wants to keep selling those i'd recommend on updating all databases to the current version.

The automatic sent after payment is also broken (currently i send it manually). Needs an update of the software (IPN-Pro). This is also a reason that i don't have the exact sales numbers so take my word for it. Getting it from Paypal would be a nightmare..

The site is well listed backlinked in webmasters forums, script selling sites (like hotscripts) etc'. Google #2 for "WordPress Databases"

The domain/site gets over 1000uv / month (Click for stats)

My asking price for both the domain and site with all contents is $1400.
    Alternatively, I'm ready to sell the domain only for $400.

Thanks,
    E-A.

versus2, Jun 26, 2009 IP
  2. toby

toby Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    75.0% - 9
    wordpress keep on upgrading their system. How are you so sure that your DB will still work in the future wordpress?? hmm, 1400$..

toby, Jun 26, 2009 IP
  3. versus2

versus2 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    That's what i said. What happens is that you instruct the buyer to import it on an older version you offer for download on you site and after the import he upgrades. This way it'll always work.

To be honest if no website buyer will be found i'm just looking to sell the domain.
    For $400 I think it has a great value for anyone who already sell wordpress databases or intend to.
    It is a great domain with more than 1000 visitors a month which guarantee he'll make this money in sales in no time.

versus2, Jun 26, 2009 IP
  4. zanman

zanman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Is this an auction format or you will only sell for $1400?

zanman, Jun 26, 2009 IP
  5. versus2

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Not realy an auction, but serious offers are welcome on PM. I may just accpet the offer and sell it immediately.

versus2, Jun 26, 2009 IP
  6. versus2

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I've received a few PMs asking for proof of revenue.

As i wrote unfortunately the ipn-pro (software that responsible for the payment and automatic sending) is broken therefore i couldn't get any reports from there.

I've tried to somehow search in Paypal history and couldn't find anything that help.
    In the end I found something on Paypal that allowed me to search by item name. Unfortunately they only allow it for the last 3 months so i couldn't find the all time data.

So here is the last 3 months sales: http://www.wordpressdb.com/rev.jpg

There were a few more sales that are not listed here because they weren't via the automatic payment. They were by directly contacting me.

E-A.

versus2, Jun 27, 2009 IP
  7. versus2

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'm looking for a fast sale.
    I'd sell everything (as is. i won't have time for support) for $1K or domain only for $350.

versus2, Jun 28, 2009 IP
  8. premiershipnews

premiershipnews Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    How would one aquire new databases?

Do you have to create them manually?

premiershipnews, Jun 28, 2009 IP
  9. versus2

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Create, buy ones with resell rights, public domain etc'.. Not manually post by post :) You have to have some kind of programming knowledge or hire a programmer to convert regular databases to wordpress format.

Current highest offer received on PM is $600.

E-A.

versus2, Jun 29, 2009 IP