1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Problem with inherited code - fsoFile.FileExists

Discussion in 'C#' started by maz, Sep 7, 2006.

:confused:

If Trim(rstCatItems.Fields("CatNotes") <> "") Then
                If fsoFile.FileExists(Left(Server.MapPath(Request.ServerVariables("SCRIPT_NAME")),Len(Server.MapPath(Request.ServerVariables("SCRIPT_NAME")))-15) + "images\" & Request.QueryString("CatCode") & ".jpg") = True Then %>
                  <textarea rows="10" name="CatNotes" cols="34" style="font-family: MS Sans Serif"><%= rstCatItems.Fields("CatNotes") %></textarea>
    Code (markup):
    Can someone suggest what the "-15" number is if

If UCase(Right(Trim(Request.ServerVariables("SCRIPT_NAME")), 10)) = "#.ASP" Or _
           UCase(Right(Trim(Request.ServerVariables("SCRIPT_NAME")), 13)) = "#.ASP" Or _
           UCase(Right(Trim(Request.ServerVariables("SCRIPT_NAME")), 13)) = "#.ASP" Or _
           UCase(Right(Trim(Request.ServerVariables("SCRIPT_NAME")), 9)) = "#.ASP" Or _
           UCase(Right(Trim(Request.ServerVariables("SCRIPT_NAME")), 15)) = "#.ASP" Or _
           UCase(Right(Trim(Request.ServerVariables("SCRIPT_NAME")), 12)) = "#" Then
    Code (markup):

maz, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  2. ccoonen

ccoonen Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Len( Server.MapPath( Request.ServerVariables("SCRIPT_NAME") ) ) -15

First it gets the Script_Name, then it finds the real path of it (like "C:/inetpub/wwwroot/hello/") then the Len gets the Length of that string

so it would be the length of C:/inetpub/wwwroot/hello/ - which is 26 (26 characters in that string)

Then it minuses 26 - 15 which equals 11

ccoonen, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  3. maz

maz Banned

Best Answers:
    I think I got the problem

thanks for the pointer

-15 was counting the filename characters, and deducting. However, I changed the file name and added a _2 to the file name, and as such -15 would change to -17, without this change the path to the right directory could not be established.

So I need to change -15 to -17!:eek:

Apparently, there is a better way, and I will post it later

Thanks

maz, Sep 8, 2006 IP
  4. maz

maz Banned

Best Answers:
    Apparently, this does exaclty the same, but with no need to specify a num

response.write

(Server.MapPath(Request.ServerVariables("SCRIPT_NAME")))

response.write

(left(Server.MapPath(Request.ServerVariables("SCRIPT_NAME")), InstrRev(Server.MapPath(Request.ServerVariables("SCRIPT_NAME")), "\")))

InstrRev the script name....

:rolleyes:

maz, Sep 8, 2006 IP