1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Randy Savage DVD thoughts

Discussion in 'Movies, Music & TV' started by tvizion, Jun 10, 2009.

I've been waiting a long time for this DVD and I love it and it was worth the purchase. Here are a few thoughts that I have about it...

- I loved Savage's debut match! I miss the "has a little fight in them" jobber days. I'm surprised by how much I liked this match.

- I totally forgot how smart of a wrestler Savage was. He has the ring psychology that is missing from many matches today. Every move has a rhyme or reason for doing it. Examples: He will punch the sholder and use armlocks to set up an ax handle from the top rope into the arm. He will kick the thigh area before putting on a leg submission. etc. Simply put, the man was a virtual wrestling clinic in the ring. I forgot how great Savage looked in the ring. Every one of his matches tells a story and just makes both stars look better.

- The cutting of the "Jake slaps Elizabeth" annoyed me. It was a MAJOR part of the feud.

- One interesting note was when Savage came out for the Nitro match with the posse of ladies including Woman, the lady at the very front is none other than Linda Bollea aka the future ex wife of Hulk Hogan.

- If it was 2001/2002, I wouldn't be saying this... but why do they still claim to have "DVD bonus content" on DVDs? VHS is no more, and hasn't been for a long time, so wouldn't this just be the normal content on the DVD and not "bonus" content?

- Striker and Maria are HORRIBLE. I'm put to sleep between every match... it's as if they are sleep walking through the words.

- I'll be like the other 1000 people and say that I wish there was a documentary on this DVD.

tvizion, Jun 10, 2009 IP