1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

traffic secret

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by bizdakol, Sep 5, 2006.

I found this article on how to get free website traffic...

bizdakol, Sep 5, 2006 IP
  2. longroad

longroad Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes google image searches can bring traffic, it can also be a huge bandwidth eater if those people are just after your images :(... which is most of the time I've found.

longroad, Sep 5, 2006 IP
  3. bizdakol

bizdakol Banned

Best Answers:
    yeah your right... :(

bizdakol, Sep 5, 2006 IP
  4. Coast

Coast Peon

Best Answers:
    The bandwidth problem can be ongoing if you aren't protected against hotlinking - if for example, somebody uses one of your images (directly from your server) as part of their website, or as a forum avatar, etc.

Coast, Sep 5, 2006 IP
  5. Skinny

Skinny Peon

Best Answers:
    Totally useless. I have seen some traffic from images on my site and none stay longer than 5 sec. So, while you get numbers, it means nothing because it doesn't translate into a user or a reader or adsense money.

So, it's rather a waste of bandwidth.

Skinny

Skinny, Sep 5, 2006 IP
  6. Coast

Coast Peon

Best Answers:
    I suppose it would be different if you were trying to monetise an image gallery - in that case it would make sense to apply meaningful names to your images, and make good use of the alt-text attribute. If you don't really want traffic from specific image searches though, there would be a case to be made for doing the opposite, and applying cryptic names to your site images.

Coast, Sep 5, 2006 IP
  7. stackman

stackman Peon

Best Answers:
    It's true that you can get traffic from images but the traffic is worthless - I repeat, worthless. Most likely, they found your images through Google's image search and never actually visited your home page - or clicked on your ads. On the surface, it sounds like a great concept but, practically, it's not worth the time you spend on it.

stackman, Sep 5, 2006 IP
  8. ncaditya

ncaditya Guest

Best Answers:
    I accept but I get regular traffic from this link:
    images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://know-heart-diseases.com/New%2520Bitmap%2520Image.gif&imgrefurl=http://know-heart-diseases.com/&h=384&w=5

what does it mean?

Aditya

ncaditya, Sep 5, 2006 IP
  9. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Unless you can convert that traffic then it's a lost opportunity. I get loads of hits for bmx images. And I'm way, way back on about page 200! All very odd. Still if it was traffic I could convert I'd be happy but it isn't so...

In your case that image they're linking to is a small blue bullet point called "New Bitmap Image". Try monetising that ;)

sarahk, Sep 5, 2006 IP
  10. matthewk

matthewk Guest

Best Answers:

ya, if you can avoid hotlinking its a decent way to get traffic, but not really as good as just having good content :)

you can use systems like the one tripod(i think thats one of the sites) uses to display just a logo when people try to hotlink

matthewk, Sep 5, 2006 IP
  11. kuntek

kuntek Peon

Best Answers:
    I did an experiment last year with two well known beautiful woman and my traffic boosted high up... but like it was already said it was not quality traffic. The revenue increase was not as good as I expected.

My conclusion was: "Beautifull woman can bring you trafic but will not bring you more money!"

All of this was happening on my blog which niche is not near the topic I was talking about.

kuntek, Sep 5, 2006 IP
  12. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    And you thought eye-candy would make a difference because?

Did you check your demographics to ensure that they "beautiful women" weren't going to alienate your female site users?

I know presentation matters but I really struggle with the whole chick draped over the bonnet mentality. It must work, but it defies logic.

sarahk, Sep 5, 2006 IP
  13. tbarr60

tbarr60 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The traffic may have little value but there is some value in any extra traffic as it would help out on things like Alexa traffic rating and related pages links. If someone visits your site from an image search it still counts as traffic and can play into Alexa's related links which would lead to more free traffic.

tbarr60, Sep 5, 2006 IP
  14. wwhhing

wwhhing Active Member

Best Answers:
    So name the picture with relevent keyworks, will help to drive some traffic.

wwhhing, Sep 6, 2006 IP
  15. Franck S

Franck S Peon

Best Answers:
    I've read the same article in Allan Gardayne eBook:

"77 ways to get traffic" I don't remember the name exactly.

you can get it at http://www.Associateprograms.com

Franck S, Sep 6, 2006 IP
  16. webengtech

webengtech Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have a few sites that do wonderful for getting traffic due to images and the bandwidth does not really concern me. My conversion rates tend to be a lower percentage on these sites but that is because of the higher "unqualified" traffic... over all however I am still getting a little extra because even though the image traffic has very low conversions, hey still do occassionally convert (less then 0.1%) which sucks except it is FREE traffic. If I paid for that I would be upset.. but all i did was name the images with the keywords.

I use hover ads on these pages also... that way they still see my ad and hopefully i can get thier email address :p

webengtech, Sep 6, 2006 IP
  17. qwestcommunications

qwestcommunications Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If people are coming specifically for the images they aren't coming for the content though.

qwestcommunications, Sep 6, 2006 IP
  18. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Alexa???? value ????

You are kidding correct???

Sem-Advance, Sep 6, 2006 IP
  19. Pat Gael

Pat Gael Banned

Best Answers:

I believe this topic is not useless at all.

You can rename your images and set a mod rewrite to prevent bandwith theft, redirecting people to your index page or if you are selling a great product, to such page.

Perhaps a custom page saying something like "so you want images?... purchase XXX software and create your own, blah, blah, blah" :D

Pat Gael, Sep 6, 2006 IP
  20. JasonBartholme

JasonBartholme Peon

Best Answers:
    My day job is a resource for niche market articles and tutorials. I converted a specific block of articles with images and noticed a bump in traffic. True, the traffic was huge, but better than nothing.

JasonBartholme, Sep 6, 2006 IP