1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

*** Please read this - THIS NEEDS A LOT OF ATTENTION from everyone!!! ***

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by USaffiliate, May 21, 2009.

Hello everyone,

I am normally into the affiliate business but this time, I have something to talk about and this is not realted to what most of us are doing here.

To put it very simple, there has been a disaster in this world, a kind of financial holocaust that many people aren't aware of... never heard of... and if you will, you'd be shocked...

Basically what happend is that on October 2008 an Icelandic bank collapsed in the Isle of Man. I didn't have money with this bank, but I do feel symphaty for the people who did.
    Why?
    Because the depositors, literally, lost the money they had with the bank!!

Remember Wamu? Wamu collapsed but no one lost his money. Same thing with Wachovia, in the USA we didn't feel it. In the UK no one felt it neither when Lloyds or RBS got into problems because the government bailed out the banks!

But in the Isle of Man things were different.
    Now, come and say Isle of Man, sure it's offshore, they deserve it but NOOOO -- the MAJORITY of the people are pure British citizens, who pay UK tax, but because they live in the Isle of Man they couldn't open a UK bank account. Many of them are old people who saved every LEGIT PENNY in their lives and now they lost it all.

This is injustice!
    This is literally a financial holocaust!
    They have been waiting 8 months to get their money back and hardly got anything back so if they did... pennies...

I feel so sorry for these people and I would just like to let you know, please share this story with others, let them know that in our small planet banks can collapse and you just lose your money!!

Please read what someone just posted in the site:

"We could have got some payments this year now its GUESSING time again. The lawyers and accountants in this are getting richer while we are getting considerably poorer,that was always going to be the case wasnt it? . Where is the dst collecting media intrest in this?who exactly is going to be made accountable for this NIGHTMARE? better still will I see my money back in my account?. Or is this going to go on for lawyers purposes, have a nice time all you lawyers and pwc, enjoy yourselves on our backs why dont you? buy yourselves a new home, keep sending your kids to the best schools ever, the best luxurious holidays, travelling on club class ofocourse, nice restaurants with lots of lobsters. Yes, carry on while we suffer here online and write to this and that,because we dont have much money to do anything else these days, do we? ."

http://chat.ksfiomdepositors.org/forum-topic/justice-why-cant-it-be-simple

Please let people know about this, please share this story, so maybe the right people who can help will hear about this and do something.... We need more people to know about it, and the more the better!!

Thank you!

USaffiliate, May 21, 2009 IP
  2. tonycBrisbaneOz

tonycBrisbaneOz Peon

Best Answers:
    This has affected thousands of British Citizens, and a small number of non British citizens, around the world as well as those living on the Crown Dependencies concerned.

http://www.ksfiomdepositors.org/category/10/673/685

And

http://info.landsbankiaction.org.gg/node/10

Both of these collapses were caused by the British Government seizing the Icelandic banks concerned.

About Crown Dependencies

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crown_Dependencies

Regards, TonyC

tonycBrisbaneOz, May 22, 2009 IP