1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Big sites or small niches???

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by jamesxp, Sep 2, 2006.

In Matt Cutts blog he recently wrote about startring from a niche and developing to rank for bigger keywords - ie that your site should develop "naturally".

Why is it then that huge spammy sites like the ones that have been appearing recently aren;t getting flagged from the start?

jamesxp, Sep 2, 2006 IP
  2. cldnails

cldnails Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Can you give an example of which sites in particular you are referring to? Most spam sites that I notice are very specific, at least the subdomains are and not huge sites.

cldnails, Sep 2, 2006 IP
  3. Scarface.

Scarface. Peon

Best Answers:
    spam sites dont get big, but using BH methods they get about 300-600 uniques a day and that turns into clicks and money. sites like that are good for about 10-15 days and then they get banned by google.

Scarface., Sep 3, 2006 IP
  4. LongHaul

LongHaul Peon

Best Answers:
    It makes the internet an ugly, obnoxious place, but I'm glad there are so many people who can't seem to do anything besides make that kind of website. I'm in it for the LongHaul, as I think are many on DP, and it seems that 90% of people who try to make money from the AdSense and/or affiliates are too lazy to ever do it right for an extended period.

There isn't really as much real competition out there as some fear!

LongHaul, Sep 3, 2006 IP
  5. Scarface.

Scarface. Peon

Best Answers:
    yes, but black hat is a very very powerful method, white hat sites only have one advantage, and that is that they can build a fan base, where black hat sites cant, however we are now able to buy domians for 2$ and a black hat site will make an avarage of 100$ a day for the 10-20 days that it runs. so you can see the Black hat people really have an advantage over us.

Scarface., Sep 3, 2006 IP
  6. LongHaul

LongHaul Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think so. I can build some sites, work on them a lot, and eventually they'll be on auto-pilot with only minimal input from me. Then I can relax and not have to worry about doing it all over every 3 weeks.

LongHaul, Sep 4, 2006 IP
  7. tayiper

tayiper Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, but if they get banned (i.e. even before getting paid for the first time), then who cares ??

tayiper

tayiper, Sep 5, 2006 IP
  8. Scarface.

Scarface. Peon

Best Answers:
    ^^^ the thing is that they dont get banned, because they do it with the TOS guildlines/

Scarface., Sep 5, 2006 IP
  9. tayiper

tayiper Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I was referring to this post of yours quoted below ...

tayiper

tayiper, Sep 5, 2006 IP
  10. espionage

espionage Peon

Best Answers:
    With so many websites already on the Internet and more coming online everyday, it's a better idea to start off with a niche idea and slowly build a reliable stream of traffic. From there, you can branch off and expand your userbase to other related content.

espionage, Sep 5, 2006 IP
  11. Scarface.

Scarface. Peon

Best Answers:
    oh, lol ok. srrry.

Scarface., Sep 5, 2006 IP