1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

site title doesn't help with search term....why?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by dinrock, May 16, 2009.

I have http://www.cheapcameras.ws up and running. As you can see, the title lends itself for the search term "cheap cameras" but when typed into search, doesn't produce the site. In fact, I can't find it in the index. Question:
    How to verify what number in Google's index? 100th listing? 114th listing or? Is there a tool or? And how do we verify the age of a web site? Curious.

Thanks.

dinrock, May 16, 2009 IP
  2. cgoulart

cgoulart Active Member

Best Answers:
    Firefox has a downloadable plugin that can allow you to check rankings across the major search engines for particular keyword phrases. Works well, and would allow you to keep track of your progress on this term.

I would wager to say, however, that "cheap cameras" is a pretty competetive keyword phrase, and it will take a lot of work to get it to rank at the top of the engines. You might look for some other keywords related to cheap cameras to try to rank well for initially. Maybe add a qualifier to "cheap cameras". If you use Googles keyword tool through adwords, you should be able to find some phrases with good traffic and less competition.

cgoulart, May 16, 2009 IP