1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Domain Services renew scam

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by Astroman, May 12, 2009.

I just got this email spam-scam, first time I've seen it. I changed the domain name and my address, but everything else is exactly how it arrived. Of course I wasn't fooled into calling them etc, but it did make me check the expirey date, which in fact isn't until August. Still, I wouldn't be surprised if some of my sillier clients give it more consideration:

SERVICE NOTICE
    Attention: Important Notice
    Complete and return by fax to:
    1-646-385-7542
    47-47 36th Street #16452
    Long Island City, NY 11101
    United States of America

ATT: JONATHAN VINKEL
    ADMINISTRATIVE CONTACT
    VINKERWEB

15 VINKEL TERRACE
    VINKEL , NORTH VINKELSHIRE , VO104VU
    VI
    Phone: 44.441560662
    WWW.NAVYPRACTICE.ORG
    Domain Name: NAVYPRACTICE.ORG
    Search Engine Submission
    Requested Reply
    May 12,2009

PART I: REVIEW SOLICITATION
    Attn: JONATHAN VINKEL
    As a courtesy reminder, we are sending you this notification for your business Domain name search engine registration. This letter is to inform you that it's time to send in your registration and save.

Failure to complete your Domain name search engine registration by the expiration date may result in cancellation of this offer making it difficult for your customers to locate you on the web.

Privatization allows the consumer a choice when registering. Search engine subscription includes domain name search engine submission. You are under no obligation to pay the amounts stated below unless you accept this offer. Do not discard, this notice is not an invoice it is a courtesy reminder to register your domain name search engine listing so your customers can locate you on the web.

This Notice for: WWW.NAVYPRACTICE.ORG will expire on May 12,2009 Act today!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    DETAIL OF SERVICE: ANNUAL WEBSITE SEARCH ENGINE SUBMISSION FOR DOMAIN NAME WWW.NAVYPRACTICE.ORG

Detail of Service:
    SEARCH SUBMISSIONS
    Reply by Date:
    5/12/2009
    For Domain Name:
    NAVYPRACTICE.ORG

*100% SATISFACTION IS GUARANTEED OR YOUR MONEY BACK
    Select Term Your Existing Domain Period Covered Price

NAVYPICTURES.ORG
    [ ] 1 year 5/12/2009 - 5/12/2010 $75.00
    [ ] 2 year 5/12/2009 - 5/12/2011 $119.00
    [ ] 5 year 5/12/2009 - 5/12/2014 $199.00
    [ ] 10 year -Most Recommended- 5/12/2009 - 5/12/2019 $295.00

Please ensure that your contact information is correct or make the necessary changes.
    Full Name: JONATHAN Vinkels Email:

Phone: _____________________
    Today's Date: _____________________ Signature: _____________________

PLEASE COMPLETE AND RETURN BY FAX: 1-646-385-7542

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    By accepting this offer, you agree not to hold DN liable for any part. Note that THIS IS NOT A BILL. This is a solicitation. You are under no obligation to pay the amounts stated unless you accept this offer. The information in this letter contains confidential and/or legally privileged information from the notification processing department of the DN. This information is intended only for the use of the individual(s) named above. There is no pre-existing relationship between DN and the domain mentioned above. This notice is not in any part associated with a continuation of services for domain registration. Search engine submission is an optional service that you can use as a part of your website optimization and alone may not increase the traffic to your site. If you do not wish to receive further updates from DN send an email to to unsubscribe. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that disclosure, copying, distribution or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents for this letter is strictly prohibited. * 100% satisfaction guaranteed, you may request a refund within 30 days.

Astroman, May 12, 2009 IP
  2. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Its not new for me.
    I have received such mail thousand time already.
    The best way to prevent this scam to fall on you is enable the auto renewal option so that you don't need to worry about the expire date.

mentos, May 12, 2009 IP