1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

EPN is at it again! Accounts being shutdown!

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by gustav1989, Apr 18, 2009.

gustav1989, Apr 18, 2009 IP
  2. chpshah

chpshah Banned

Best Answers:
    Ebay is near to die. I have lost my account last year, now I will never apply for it.

chpshah, Apr 18, 2009 IP
  3. gustav1989

gustav1989 Guest

Best Answers:
    "HI.

I am so sad and upset.
    I have 3 domains. And these areas work for one year.
    I received the same message. And I have the account from April 2008.
    Please help.

Is somehow an error sent ebay? I would like to think it is."

gustav1989, Apr 18, 2009 IP
  4. mcjp6

mcjp6 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The message being sent with the termination is ""we found that your account is related to a previous banned account" and a number of people seem to have been "expired"

From comments given it seems that these people have NOT had any association before with banned account.

This is not good news as if the above is true then ebay's reporting, monitoring again seems lacking to say the least.

Either way you look at it ebay is again shedding affiliates :eek:

mcjp6, Apr 19, 2009 IP
  5. Radz

Radz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Its all because of Cookie Stuffing..

Radz, Apr 19, 2009 IP
  6. mcjp6

mcjp6 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    what makes you say that??? certainly the first round of expiration's were not because of cookie stuffing.

mcjp6, Apr 19, 2009 IP
  7. ryandanielt

ryandanielt Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ebay is such a dumb site now, I got banned 4 years ago because I reported someone selling a stolen credit card. There morons, they tried to tell me that it was not stolen and the person that was selling it actually was the owner. Now tell me, how many people apply for a visa and then sell it on ebay. And no it was not a gift card it was actually a legit BMO Visa card.

ryandanielt, Apr 19, 2009 IP
  8. rharper

rharper Peon

Best Answers:
    I applied for EPN six months ago, but lost interest... unable to present Ebay Motors listings. When Ebay was with CJ they would change the rules and your links would go dead.

rharper

rharper, Apr 19, 2009 IP
  9. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    wow, that sucks. I got banned last year along with many others who were honest webmasters doing the right thing, but was able to get back in. This new team is fixated on ACRUs and if you are not pulling in lots of new ebay users, you get cut. It's a shame, it used to be a really great program who cared about their affiliates.

Pixelrage, Apr 22, 2009 IP
  10. rharper

rharper Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, the corporation politics can bite you at any moment.

Don't put your berries in one brown bag.

rharper, Apr 22, 2009 IP
  11. RAD1

RAD1 Peon

Best Answers:

Sucks for sure ; happened to me too after a year + of blood sweat tears ... okay lots of hours anyways. No black hat or shenanigans either. Legit hard work.

Yeh- they sure have learned how to treat affiliates even worse than cj - if that was ever even conceivable. They have turned what was sucky and crappy at commission junction to even worse suckily craptastic.

Some little known buzz: I heard a while back that it was that shoemoney guy who was the big dog main one that convinced ebay to take their aff program in house btw. From the crap of cj into the dogsh*t of ebay all cos of 1 smug know-it-all fat ph*ck.

I just don't get those Ebay people - how crappy & careless they are to their affiliates - don't they know that treating people that way will cause an army of ebay haters many (most?) of whom will make it their mission to badmouth and f*ckover ebay at every possible chance? I know i will.

RAD1, Apr 22, 2009 IP
  12. mcjp6

mcjp6 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    well, you are off to a good start ;)

mcjp6, Apr 23, 2009 IP
  13. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    Good point, but unfortunately EPN is the best affiliate program out there if you're looking for regular income. EPN is over 2/3rds of my at-home income or 1/3rd of my full time annual income. I've never earned anywhere near as much with any other program even though I still diversify and try out other stuff (dropshipping is up next...)

Pixelrage, Apr 23, 2009 IP
  14. geomark

geomark Peon

Best Answers:
    They really have become a joke. Did you see their newsletter for this month? "From next week, we will be allowing our publishers to comment on our blog posts." Whoa, you will actually let people comment on your blog?! That's very forward thinking. Pathetic losers. They haven't "expired" me yet but I sure won't be putting any effort into a program run by such morons.

geomark, Apr 23, 2009 IP
  15. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    Ever since their management changed a little over a year ago, the game changed. Now it's all about high ACRU value (a metric that technically can never be measured, but you are being judged on it, like it or not...just think, how on earth can you make sure that visitors who buy stuff on eBay through your affiliate links will do it again? It's not your responsibility and it's unprofessional for them to expect it to be) and your quality score (a metric that is grossly inaccurate due to huge volumes of bot clicks being counted as real clicks vs. the money you brought in for eBay - another metric you're punished for).

Being an EPN member is a very unpredictable thing, they are very ban-happy and it's like Adsense - once you're banned, you have to beg to be re-included, even if you truly did nothing wrong, underhanded, or under-performing... and if you're extremely lucky, you'll get back in...that is, if you ever get a reply.

Pixelrage, Apr 23, 2009 IP
  16. geomark

geomark Peon

Best Answers:
    I've read a few times that people who were expired applied again through Pepperjam. Is that any better?

geomark, Apr 23, 2009 IP
  17. bluearrow

bluearrow Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe they are thinking they have too much publishers .. Same thing happened to one of my friends luckily he was already moving to another programs.

bluearrow, Apr 24, 2009 IP
  18. gerrypo

gerrypo Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think anyone new has been approved through Pepperjam for over 6 months.

gerrypo, Apr 26, 2009 IP
  19. RAD1

RAD1 Peon

Best Answers:
    and if you've been banned thru ebay, my understanding is you either get automatically rejected by PJN or if approved it's temporary and will eventually be re-banned by ebay ... pjn is another joke when it comes to arbitrary standards and metrics -- just like ebay.

they have incomplete metrics & tools and do not know WTF they are doing -- except allowing blackhatters to game the system while destroying regular basic affiliates.

but like most [99%] of the networks if you're gaming the system but making big bucks for them they turn the other way.

RAD1, Apr 27, 2009 IP
  20. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    That's just it about EPN though - even affiliates who were making 5-figures a month got banned back when I did. I remember reading a post about a guy who owned a motorcycle site, it was actually a massive site and I think he had a page 1 ranking for the single word "motorcycles"....EPN was the bulk of his income, and he was banned. He did nothing wrong at all - never bought traffic or did anything blackhat.

Pixelrage, Apr 28, 2009 IP