1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How Do I Report A Clicbank Affiliate?

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by ajbarnes, Apr 16, 2009.

I just checked and discovered that someone signed up to articlesbase.com using MY FREAKING NAME and has re-published all of my articles that I have on Ezine Articles. The bio box has my url TYPED, however it is forwarded to this person's hoplink. So, not only have they stoled my articles, they also are stealing my commissions!

How should I handle this? :mad:

ajbarnes, Apr 16, 2009 IP
  2. rolf

rolf Active Member

Best Answers:
    I noticed this myself today for my own product. That said, they're getting me wider exposure so I don't really care.

Plus I did say that they could use my articles, although I expected them to at least change them a little.

Seriously, what are you worried about? Their articles will never outrank yours on EZA and they could potentially earn you cash.

rolf, Apr 16, 2009 IP
  3. ajbarnes

ajbarnes Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Here's the thing....the resource box is going to his affiliate link. Earn ME cash? I don't think so! This MOFO is stealing my hard work and laughing to the bank with my potential commissions!

Also, I checked on google and my articles that he republished on Articlesbase is showing up well before my articles on Ezine (some are even in the #1 position for certain keywords)!!! The thing that has me even more pissed is the fact that he signed up for articlesbase using my actual name!! ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME!! :mad:

I've seen people take one or two of my articles before, but this guy has taken all of my articles since 3/15/09....and that's around 100, and has even stolen my freaking name!!

I've contacted clickbank and articlesbase, so I'll see what happens from there.

ajbarnes, Apr 16, 2009 IP
  4. Patchkaa

Patchkaa Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah I had a guy recently rip one of my sites!! I will report that person soon

Patchkaa, Apr 16, 2009 IP
  5. dlm

dlm Peon

Best Answers:
    Just a guess, but I think Rolf assumed you were the vendor, that would mean the affiliate is generating revenue for you with each sale.

The situation sucks, but you did the only things possible by contacting ArticlesBase and Clickbank.

BTW - just remember this about article marketing - someone can always compete to steal you keyword rankings (and sometimes they steal your content as well)

dlm, Apr 16, 2009 IP
  6. rolf

rolf Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah dlm you're right, I mistakedly thought aj was a vendor. If he is an affiliate then no question this rip-off artist should be reported.

rolf, Apr 16, 2009 IP
  7. grayth

grayth Peon

Best Answers:
    Usually EA is pretty good at pulling down and noticing duplicate articles, same with articlebase and the other main big guys..however I will say most of these guys who do this jump from product to product...they cut and paste what they can..grab some commissions until they get their content deleted and then move on to the next product. The impact is usually short lived..against your content. Diviersify is the best way to insure you get consistant sales.

Part of CB marketing is learning it's all part of the game, and in alot of ways you just have to live it. Can you ultimately even stop these guys..No..because they will just create a new profile..and do it again. If I was to get upset at every last thing and affiliate scooping content and stuff..I would be wasting my efforts...just build more sites and promote more stuff..part of it honestly is about chuck it against the wall and see if it sticks..if it does great..ramp it up...if she doesn't who cares...move on to a new a campaign, rinse and repeat until you find enough winners to focus on.

These guys who scoop content are flashes in the pan, probably barely making a couple hundred bucks a months..Don't worry your content will be back on top

grayth, Apr 17, 2009 IP
  8. tanakanewyork

tanakanewyork Guest

Best Answers:
    I have the same case. Now 2 vendors copy our software functions design and software interface design, we have reported this to clickbank, but no reply. Another vendor copy our landing page, almost 99.9999% the same, only software name changed.

tanakanewyork, Apr 17, 2009 IP
  9. ajbarnes

Best Answers:

Good points. That actually made me feel a little better! :D

I just got so pissed since firstly I feel like I'm being scammed, and secondly because this person actually signed up on Articlesbase using my actual name!

Also, I just checked today, and this guy has multiple accounts on articlesbase taking other people's content!

You're right though, I need to just take it easy since if I continue to scour the internet looking for my content, I'm probably going to end up in the mental hospital! :p

ajbarnes, Apr 17, 2009 IP
  10. redrossero

redrossero Peon

Best Answers:
    I had the same thing happeneing on goarticles and you know what I've done? I put the same article and in the autor bio I said this is my original article and the guy just stolen my content. The next day he was ban and the article deleted. Since than I always put the articles on two, three directories which could possibly outrank EZA in serps.

redrossero, Apr 17, 2009 IP
  11. ajbarnes

Best Answers:
    You know what, that is exactly what I just did today with my previous articles, including the one's that were just approved today. I don't know why I didn't think of that before. :confused:

ajbarnes, Apr 17, 2009 IP
  12. waxman1000

waxman1000 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it is a good thing for you. he is giving you more exposure. I don't think he is stealing your money. He is just getting the commissions anyways!

waxman1000, Apr 17, 2009 IP
  13. dlm

dlm Peon

Best Answers:
    :rolleyes:

Next time - think before you post.

dlm, Apr 17, 2009 IP
  14. TaliaKlein

TaliaKlein Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi guys (especially AJ Barnes),

I'm Talia, Community Product Manager at ArticlesBase. Thanks for bringing this to our attention (albeit indirectly - I saw your post on Twitter). Please contact us if/whenever your content is stolen. In this particular case, please email our support team with a link to your original EzineArticles pages (or whatever they may ask from you), and we will transfer them all in your name, rather your email address, and the account will be yours. Alternatively, if you so choose, we can remove them from the site altogether. It's up to you.

Sorry you had to go through this.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Talia

TaliaKlein, Apr 19, 2009 IP
  15. janecompersnews

janecompersnews Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    WOW, how is that for service! :D

Talia, if you could make your links 'follow' instead of 'nofollow', then you'd be the number one place for submitting articles.

janecompersnews, Apr 19, 2009 IP
  16. TaliaKlein

TaliaKlein Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Jane,

The NoFollow on our links are our current policy for many reasons, at least for the time being.

Generally speaking, by the way, we do not allow any affiliate links such as ClickBank in our articles at all.

17. janecompersnews

janecompersnews Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes I understand that, I use my resource box to link back to my site.

Your site is the easiest to upload articles to and the stats are excellent. In terms of use your site is the best there is, but ezinearticles thrashes you due to the added benefit we get from our links. Not only do we get traffic from ezinearticles but we get offsite SEO thanks to the anchor text links.

I'm posting 200+ articles to ezinearticles every week - if I have time I also post them to articlesbase - on average you guys probably get 10% of my articles. If you had 'follow' links I would make you guys my number one articles directory and post all of my articles with you and if I had time, post them to ezinearticles.

If you read this thread here...
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1302211
    You'll find that I'm not the only one that thinks this way.

janecompersnews, Apr 19, 2009 IP
  18. ajbarnes

Best Answers:

Okay, seriously, that just gave me freaking goose bumps!! I don't think I've ever seen customer service like that before! :eek:

I already contacted you guys with all the information (link to my ezine articles page & link to the guy who is stealing my content page, etc.). I think it was on Thursday 4/9/09, so I'm not sure if you got around to it yet.

If you read this post here, I would greatly appreciate it if you would delete all of my articles from his account since the resource box contains his link.

Thank you so much for the wonderful customer service!!!! :cool:

ajbarnes, Apr 19, 2009 IP
  19. TaliaKlein

TaliaKlein Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Jane (and everyone else),

First of all, thanks so much for the compliments. :)

I absolutely understand your frustration with the NoFollow attribute. For now, this policy is set, however I will definitely pass on your concerns to my bosses.

As a side note, however, I'd like to point out that although the links are NoFollow, they are not useless to you as authors.

You don't know me personally, but here is something one of your fellow posters wrote, all true: forums.digitalpoint.com/showpost.php?p=8725219&postcount=14

Like he mentioned, your links are there. Having many links to your site won't necessarily get you a lot of traffic. 10 people clicking on your link is much more valuable than 100 links in. Those 10 people are actually interested in your blog - it's action, not talk.

The NoFollow attribute doesn't mean your link is being ignored altogether, it just means that it won't be used to give your site a higher pagerank. The three major search engines (Google, Yahoo, and MSN) all follow the link, they just don't all index to the linked page and don't all "register a vote" for the site. The easiest is probably to check out the Wikipedia post about NoFollow links for documentation.

Speaking of Wikipedia, ALL Wikipedia links are NoFollow as well. This doesn't mean links from Wikipedia are useless, as you can imagine given the size of their site.

Regarding smaller article directories with DoFollow, don't forget that as a very large site (#2), ArticlesBase receives much more traffic than the smaller sites. Again, the traffic itself is what counts, not necessarily the links in. This is in the majority of cases where authors write articles to receive traffic, as opposed to increase their page's pagerank.

20. TaliaKlein

TaliaKlein Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi AJ,

We've had a sudden backlog of emails, but it's never more than a couple days back, so I had our customer service reps look through it and they can't seem to find it. I apologize. If you can either PM me (or email through the forum) and let me know what email address you sent from, or alternatively forward it again to our support team (support at articlesbase.com) I will make sure it's taken care of quickly.

Regarding the resource box, we can transfer the account to your email address, and then you can edit the resource boxes to have your own links in there. It would be a shame to remove your articles since they appear high on search engines, so this way you can benefit from someone else's.... work... (That'll show them!)