1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google and Coop

Discussion in 'Co-op Advertising Network' started by mortgage-pro-seo, Apr 4, 2005.

Has anyone received good ranking in G from the coop alone?

mortgage-pro-seo, Apr 4, 2005 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I really doubt it.

digitalpoint, Apr 4, 2005 IP
  3. bobafind

bobafind Peon

Best Answers:
    Depends on if you count on-page SEO. I've ranked #1 for a few selected phrases with my only links coming from the coop. My pages are "optimized" as in H tages, title, and meta etc., but I have no inbound links outside of the coop. Granted, I only get about 300 impressions a day to that page, but they're almost all SE refers.

bobafind, Apr 4, 2005 IP
  4. mortgage-pro-seo

mortgage-pro-seo Peon

Best Answers:
    Bobafind is that still the case?

Lets say on page seo is perfect.

I have just started the coop network. I was ranking pretty well for a couple of terms in google and now those pages have dropped off the map.

mortgage-pro-seo, Apr 4, 2005 IP
  5. Dominic

Dominic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Depending on how much weight you have, you may have put too much coop weight behind it.

Which if you don't have links from other sites to the page other than from the coop... is very easy to do.

Dominic, Apr 4, 2005 IP
  6. E Doc Tong

E Doc Tong Peon

Best Answers:
    Just had a similar experience with Yahoo.

I have been steadily adding weight to one site that was doing 'ok' before I placed co-op ads to the site. After about a month, my rankings started to increase quite a bit - first page for some highly competitive terms which previously ranked page 3 or 4. It's now been a couple of months and I just bumped the weight again a few days ago, today that site is nowhere to be found on Yahoo. (#1 on msn and no changes observed on Google since joining the network)

I haven't done anything to the site since directing co-op ads to it, nothing 'black-hat' involved. The only thing I can attribute this to is: gaining too many backlinks too quickly. However, as I mentioned - the site isn't new, and has been doing ok in Yahoo for quite some time, prior to joining the network. The co-op isn't the only source of backlinks - but it is now providing the vast majority of them. - does that mean I've overdone it ?

If this is the reason for Yahoo dropping the site from their SERPS, is there anything I can do to recover the site? (like reducing the weight?) Has anyone else had experiences like these, and if so, were you able to recover. I'd be happy if my rankings just return to their previous levels prior to using the co-op.

I'm hoping this is just a blip - and it will come back soon, but I'm getting a nasty feeling I just burnt that site :(

E Doc Tong, Apr 5, 2005 IP
  7. mortgage-pro-seo

mortgage-pro-seo Peon

Best Answers:
    I have little weight, 3k which I am splitting over a couple different keywords. The site has been around for a couple of years as well.

mortgage-pro-seo, Apr 5, 2005 IP
  8. E Doc Tong

E Doc Tong Peon

Best Answers:
    Well - seems it was just a glitch - sites back in Yahoo! - stronger than ever.
    Guess it pays not to jump to conclusions. :cool:

E Doc Tong, Apr 5, 2005 IP
  9. ProductivePC

ProductivePC Peon

Best Answers:
    The answer would be yes. We were not found at all for our keyword phrase after allegra. We dropped out of sight completely. Even before then with all of the efforts for that specific keyword phrase, I was only able to make it up to 200.

We are now between #7 - #20 depending on which data center you look at.

I have been too busy to do anything else since signing up with the coop. That is 100% pure coop.

We are also #1 in MSN.

We were also between #23 - #30 from #60 in yahoo thanks to the coop. We broke down and accepted the Yahoo TOS and paid the $300 and now we are between #10 - #13. Gee, I wonder if that had anything to do witht he ratings...

The keyword phrase is extremely competitive.

Anyway, That is my 2 cents... have a good day.

ProductivePC, Apr 5, 2005 IP
  10. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    I can't really say. What I can say is th CO OP has indeed helped. http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=12271

Today I am doing a baclink checks...Yahoo has me showing 253,000 bls. When I check them alot of them are CO OP :confused:

I absolutely rule Yahoo and MSN in serps. Google is a different story...but they are still very good to me ;)

Homer, Apr 5, 2005 IP
  11. vauge

vauge Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think I have been sandboxed in Google. Unsure if COOP is a factor.
    MSN and Yahoo - no complaints.

vauge, Apr 6, 2005 IP
  12. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    The Coop isn't meant to get you out of the sandbox amd I have never seen a case of that happening.

yfs1, Apr 6, 2005 IP
  13. vauge

vauge Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wasn't my point. I am unsure if the COOP was a factor in getting sandboxed as fast as it did.
    My site(s) will eventually come out of it.

vauge, Apr 6, 2005 IP
  14. catchmeifucan

catchmeifucan Peon

Best Answers:
    I joined co op about a month ago. I have a weight of 14000. I broke them down to around 8 anchor words. I started to doing good on MSN. but for Google and Yahoo, not much change. However, Yahoo's April update wiped me out of index at all. Indexed pages dropped from 2000 to 200, and it is keep dropping. My best guess was back link increased too fast. But I'll wait and see.

catchmeifucan, Apr 6, 2005 IP
  15. Dastar

Dastar Active Member

Best Answers:
    As have I.

I created several product/offer specific pages that have done very well with only co-op links inbound to them. Of course, I made sure to make those pages well optimized. It also really depends on how competitive the keywords are as well.

Dastar, Apr 6, 2005 IP
  16. alias420

alias420 Guest

Best Answers:
    I like to believe that just adding the co-op was enough to increase one of my sites. I did a little on page and off page link building for a site then got pulled off to another project and was told to just leave the other one. So when I heard about the co-op I tossed it on that site to test it and id nothing else within 2 weeks I was within top 10 for all my terms on Google Yahoo and MSN I believe the co-op really helped. (the site has some pretty good weight due to a large shopping cart with tons of pages indexed)

alias420, Apr 9, 2005 IP