1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to drive traffic to a site without spending too much money?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by fluid, Aug 20, 2006.

No traffic = no money

And to get traffic, you need to advertise your site. So how much should be spent on a site a month to get some traffic and where should someone seek advertisement? Google adwords? High PR directories? Or others? Please share your experience on this.

PS: I am referring to new sites.

fluid, Aug 20, 2006 IP
  2. LinkSales

LinkSales Active Member

Best Answers:
    Directories, directories, directories.

Directories dont send much traffic themselves but will lead you to better rankings in the serps. Search engine traffic is the best quality traffic you can get. People who use SEs are looking for your services.

LinkSales, Aug 20, 2006 IP
  3. runastun564

runastun564 Peon

Best Answers:
    I also need help here. My site is really new... 4 days. I get probably 10 hits a day and want to figure out how to get some traffic. So far 1 click...

runastun564, Aug 20, 2006 IP
  4. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    Learn SEO in order to get your site into the SE (in particular Google) as fast as possible and to keep it there. Visit the General Marketings forum to learn how to do SEO (which is where this thread should have been in the first place).

jackburton2006, Aug 20, 2006 IP
  5. AnaB

AnaB Peon

Best Answers:
    If you don't have money (cash) to spend..you'll have to spend money (your time). Time is money as well. Try writing good articles and submit them to article directories, write intelligent blog comments, help in MSN and Yahoo and Google groups, do link exchanges and so on...

In the end, you need either cash or time to promote. You CAN promote a site without spending cash if you spend a lot of time though. And that's what I did with one of my sites.

AnaB, Aug 20, 2006 IP
  6. cricketchamps

cricketchamps Peon

Best Answers:
    Try traffic exchange.

I would suggest that use topsurfer.com for the traffic exchange. THe best thing is that they send you emails and be visiting the link in the email, you get 5 points so you need to spend so much surfing and getting points. Just click on the links in your email and earn free points. thats what i do:)

cricketchamps, Aug 20, 2006 IP
  7. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, try traffic exchanges and get banned for your trouble (if you are using Adsense, which I assume the OP is, since he posted this in the Adsense forum).

jackburton2006, Aug 20, 2006 IP
  8. qwestcommunications

qwestcommunications Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I would recommend directories and some article submissions, if you can be bothered to write article purely for submission purposes.

qwestcommunications, Aug 20, 2006 IP
  9. fluid

fluid Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks very much for the replies. Besides directories, do you guys think blogs are good at driving traffic too?

I would also like to tell to whoever moved my post from Adsense to General Marketing that i unintentionally made the post in the wrong forum by mistake and to decrease my reputation by 4 points shows his/her lack of judging skills because the latter should have investigated the quality of my previous 145 posts before going to the extent he/she did.

fluid, Aug 21, 2006 IP
  10. amitpatel_3001

amitpatel_3001 Results Follow Patience

Best Answers:
    Well you do mistake and then you shout at that :( http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=127868
    Mistake is a mistake even if you do after 140 posts :cool:

amitpatel_3001, Aug 21, 2006 IP
  11. fluid

fluid Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, i admitted it was a mistake.

I never said the opposite. The reputation system in the forum is built on the grounds that after every 1000 posts, your alternating power is increased by 1. What this means is a user with more posts is considered to be more loyal and honest than others hence my statement (he/she should have checked my previous posts.) I believe in fairness and if i think i've been treated unfairly, i will fight for my cause. Can you justify for the 4 points removal for a wrongly entered thread after checking my previous posts now?

fluid, Aug 21, 2006 IP
    vishwaa likes this.
  12. amitpatel_3001

Best Answers:
    Hope you now know that your reputation is in red now after doing all this crap :(

13. fluid

fluid Active Member

Best Answers:
    amitpatel_3001 :

When Mahatma Gandhi fought for justice, he was put into prison. Did he refrain from fighting? ;)

Yes im getting more bad rep but i've also got one person who gave me +ve rep which means there are still decent and fair ppl out there.

Thanks Ramakrishna :)

fluid, Aug 21, 2006 IP
  14. amitpatel_3001

Best Answers:
    Well i dint red you because i dont want another thread saying amitpatel playing with reps lol :D

15. Correctus

Correctus Straight Edge

Best Answers:
    Google Adwords is good to get traffic without spending a lot of money.

You can use publicity in different areas of the internet

You can also try and practice SEO on your website or hire someone to do it, SERP traffic really is good.

IT

Correctus, Aug 21, 2006 IP
  16. Kitarist

Kitarist Peon

Best Answers:
    we mostly give just tips that were posted like 1000 times already what if we would start posting links to some good directories sites so people would get a right path how to start

Kitarist, Aug 21, 2006 IP
  17. JJ_McClure

JJ_McClure Peon

Best Answers:
    Ewealth has an interesting thread on Forum Marketing Techniqus. They seem to be trying to find the best way to drive traffic to websites from forums (aka FREE traffic). Some stuff seems a little unethecal but its a rarely coverd topic that I think most of us have tride at one time or another.

JJ

JJ_McClure, Aug 21, 2006 IP
  18. Alsuran

Alsuran Peon

Best Answers:
    You can also try stumbleupon for free trafic (not sure how well it converts though)

See this thread: http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=112709

As someone in the adsense team replied to a DP member, as long as the trafic coming from SU is targeted, it should be ok. If you use it though, i recomend mailing the Adsense team in advance and asking yourself if its ok to submit your website to Stumbleupon. Just to be on the safe side.

I'd say u need something that most people would like though ... games/entertainment websites ... something that would get u more thumbs up if u use this.

Alsuran, Aug 21, 2006 IP
  19. Maxi61

Maxi61 Peon

Best Answers:
    I've a website with 8000 U/V daily (most of all from SEs)but I need traffic too!
    And I think :
    directories- no so good and to long
    Link exhange - so so ( take a long time too)
    Posting in the forums - not so good for Google SE
    stumbleupon - take a lot of m\time and will get not o lot of traffic(to much people using it)
    Google Adwords - good to get traffic
    Buing links and better Bannet - the best choose!

Correrly will be NO money = No traffic

Maxi61, Feb 4, 2008 IP
  20. mudassar anwar

mudassar anwar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    buy traffic from buy ,sell market place
    at DP...

Some people are really providing
    good services and Tips..

Regards
    Mudassar

mudassar anwar, Feb 4, 2008 IP