Serious Help Needed...! (Any SEO)

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by F--K, Mar 20, 2009.

Hi, I am SEO guy and i had optimized my website very well and it was on Google page 1 for almost every keyword i had optimized for. But in recent google algorithm change 2 weeks back its SERPSA went down badly . and guess what now its at 5th page for its own domain keyword.

URL: http://www.mobifunda.com

Kindly review it and help me. I was getting 800 - 1000 UV / Day from Google and i had worked really hard for it. Now em geting only 10 -15 UV from Google. :( I am reali very upset. Can anyone help me? I need serious suggestions. Thanks for helping me.

Regards
    F--K

F--K, Mar 20, 2009 IP
  2. 4chp

4chp Peon

Best Answers:
    Without looking at the site, I say you over optimized your terms and are under an penalty. This could be an long term penalty or wait till it fluctuates an bit.

EDIT: Also an quick COPYSCAPE of your home page returns multiple results hmmm...

4chp, Mar 20, 2009 IP
  3. RockyMtnHi

RockyMtnHi Active Member

Best Answers:
    Register your Google sitemap.xml file at Google Webmaster Forums then see what Diagnostics info shows up after they index it.

RockyMtnHi, Mar 22, 2009 IP
  4. Canonical

Canonical Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The first thing I would do is get rid of this page...

http://www.mobifunda.com/link-to-us

This could be considered a violation of Google's Webmaster Guidelines... Links pages are a BAD idea. You are linking out to other sites that have NOTHING to do w/ mobile phones... WTH benefit does Pakistan Web Hosting provide your site visitors? All you have to do is link to one site that is considered by Google to be a 'bad neighborhood' and wham... you can be penalized. At a minimum you should rel="nofollow" the links... But personally, I would just take down the page.

Your blogroll, however, is likely the real problem. You have built a link farm which is a violation of Google's Webmaster Guidelines. Your Blogroll contains a bunch of other sites who have almost identical blogrolls. All of you are linking with each other...

The domains in your blogroll that I checked (mobifunda.com, comsians.com, www.w.com.pk, sirbarackobama.com, godesi.net, etc.) are all hosted in Dallas TX at ThePlanet.com, all with the exact same IP, with private registration through "PrivacyProtect.org"... I'm sure this is NOT a coincidence. Any idiot could figure out that the sites are owned by the same person/company trying to manipulate the SERPs by interlinking with one another via blogrolls. There is absolutely no value to your users in linking to sirbarackobama.com from your mobile web sites. The only reason you'd be doing this is to manipulate the SERPs.

Do you not know that Google is a registrar and can see through private registration to the 'real' registrants? If a bunch of those domains are registered by the same company/person, Google knows it. Hosting them at the same hosting company is another big red flag... Then if you interlink them and get reported... you will be caught and likely penalized. Hell, Google could find your weak attempt to build a link farm through an automated check made when indexing your sites (without you being reported).

I would suggest you re-read Google's Webmaster Guidelines (http://google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?answer=35769) paying special attention to the Quality Guidelines section. Also, read http://google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?answer=66356 to find out how you've built what Google considers a link farm.

Best thing you can do is delete your blogrolls on all of your sites and submit a Reconsideration Request for each of them and HOPE they are feeling generous.

Canonical, Mar 22, 2009 IP
    F--K likes this.
  5. shailendra

shailendra Peon

Best Answers:
    yes Canonical is 100% correct

shailendra, Mar 22, 2009 IP
  6. Lpe04

Lpe04 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, don't link to irrelevant sites.

Cheers,

Lpe04, Mar 22, 2009 IP
  7. shivseo

shivseo Peon

Best Answers:
    Canonical is correct...I want to suggest same thing...

shivseo, Mar 23, 2009 IP
  8. F--K

F--K Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Well thanks for writing so much for me :) I had removed webs from my blogroll. Now what should i do ?

F--K, Mar 23, 2009 IP
  9. plexpert

plexpert Peon

Best Answers:
    Interlinking your own sites/domains can get you penalized. I did this about 7 months ago and my site did well at first but then dropped suddenly. I didn't realize why until I saw my site plummet 7 pages in 2 weeks.

plexpert, Mar 23, 2009 IP
  10. vikassah

vikassah Peon

Best Answers:
    - Avoid interlinking your sites
    - Check if there is site with duplicate content of yours
    - Sometimes there fluctuations are temporary and your site can come back. If more than few days then it is something serious

vikassah, Mar 23, 2009 IP
  11. gary101

gary101 Peon

Best Answers:
    Keep everything tight and related to your core website and keywords.

Stay focused on your subject and only link to what might be of use to visitors coming to you site.

gary101, Mar 23, 2009 IP
  12. woz2

woz2 Peon

Best Answers:
    woz2, Mar 23, 2009 IP
  13. Canonical

Best Answers:
    Canonical, Mar 23, 2009 IP
  14. catanich

catanich Peon

Best Answers:
    Forget the Reconsideration Request to Google. It's not needed.

If you look closer to your On-Page SEO you will find that you are using multiple <h1> tags. The first is a no-no.

You have duplicate content.

And the on-page links go the bad sites.

But I would be very interested as to what got you the GrayBar?

catanich, Mar 23, 2009 IP
  15. F--K

F--K Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What do u mean by that sir?

and H1 tags are used by the theme which i am currently using and guess this could not be the problem for SERPS Down. My Website is not totally vanished from gogole but SERPS are down like hell.

F--K, Mar 23, 2009 IP
  16. Canonical

Best Answers:
    Yeah.. Whatever... Google created it for a reason. Not just so that they'd have to have people there pretending to act on them. Submit a freaking Reconsideration Request. You DO need it if you want to get out of your jam as fast as possible. A LOT of Google penalties are manually imposed after a manual review due to a spam report and can ONLY be lifted by a manual review of your site. And Google is not going to remember to go back and manually re-review every site they've penalized forever until the sites fix their violations. If you want them to re-review your site, I'd suggest you request reconsideration.

It's true these are not good things... But not likely things that would have caused his site to drop 50-60 positions overnight. They would have been problems all along unless Google just modified their algo to penalize peeps w/ multiple <h1> elements or duplicate content. IMO Google has been dealing with these 2 types of items for quite a while... years in fact. So it wouldn't have changed overnight.

About this I agree. Linking to bad neighborhoods makes you as guilty in Google's eyes as the bad sites themselves that you are linking to. I mentioned this in my original post.

I don't think he mentioned being gray barred. His home page has a Toolbar PR of 2.

And aren't you the guy who also keeps telling people not to bother 301 redirecting old URLs to new URLs when they change domain names or page names because it doesn't work... won't forward the page rank to the new URL... won't give the new URL credit for the inbound links to the old URL? Terrible advice... and flat out incorrect. I've done it seamlessly for thousands of URLs w/ almost no loss of traffic. You simply have to wait on them to recrawl every URL that links to your site before your site's rankings come back. 301 redirects do pass page rank and do give the new URL credit for the old URL's inbound link and link text.

Canonical, Mar 23, 2009 IP