1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Your views on Traffic secrets 2.0?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Scott_McGregor1, Mar 7, 2009.

Has any one purchased John Reeces traffic secrets product?
    Would appreciate any comments on the product and value for money?

Cheers

Scott_McGregor1, Mar 7, 2009 IP
  2. David Turnbull

David Turnbull Guest

Best Answers:
    I won a copy of the course ages ago and the course will be fine if you're a newbie when it comes to driving traffic to a website. That's not to discredit the course, but most of the basic (yet most important) information can simply be found by reading blogs like problogger.net - there's nothing in the course that I'd consider a "secret".

Look through the different modules in the course (SEO, PPC etc) - if you feel you're comfortable with each aspect of internet marketing then I don't think the course would do much to really push you forward. If however, there is more than 1 area you know little about then the course would probably be a good purchase. The information is fairly detailed and well presented but it doesn't hold any secrets to get a bajillion visitors a day - it all comes back to doing the simple things (blog commenting, forum posting, building links) persistently.

David Turnbull, Mar 7, 2009 IP
  3. copper12

copper12 Peon

Best Answers:
    Why are you asking?

You said this in another thread...

For those who may be curious, and are leaning towards buying but are not quite sure....

Reese is one of the worse.

He says...

Is his loooooooooong-ass site found under the most typed-in keywords?

Try it.

He says...

If you have ever done advertising, you know it is not "pennies."

Ask to see his ads. Watch him not come back with a reply. hehe

He also claims that he can show you how to get thousands of visitors, yet his site doesn't get as many visitors as one may think.

There are inexperienced webmasters here who can get just as much traffic as him.

He had a blog last year, which, I think, he no longer does. It was a dead blog.

What does that tell you?

copper12, Mar 8, 2009 IP
  4. dave.arison

dave.arison Peon

Best Answers:
    No secret there all of the stuff has already been published on the internet more than once.

If you are just starting internet marketing that you should know this stuff.

But you can also learn reading blog, forums and any other information sites.

dave.arison, Mar 8, 2009 IP
  5. scielens

scielens Peon

Best Answers:
    I have to say I love the course and I've been into internet marketing for about 3 years now. Some of it is common knowledge, but there are some things that you would NOT think about. For me it's like this, if you learn a few new things from the course, then it's definitely worth it.

Thanks,
    Sebastian

scielens, Mar 9, 2009 IP
  6. copper12

copper12 Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok. Since reading it, how many monthly hits are you up to now (it should be in the thousands per day), and how much money are you making on a regular basis?

copper12, Mar 9, 2009 IP
  7. primeelite

primeelite Peon

Best Answers:
    It is good for people who are beginning or those looking to get a good basis of knowledge upon what they might already think they know but it is kind of pricey for what you actually get. I think like someone said above if you read problogger, seomoz, and a few other respected internet bloggers then you should be able to get the same concepts down as they are pretty much just scratching the service in the traffic secrets book.

primeelite, Mar 9, 2009 IP
  8. Scott_McGregor1

Scott_McGregor1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Cheers for the info guys. Was going to purchase, but think i might check out some blogs. It is a pricey piece!

Scott_McGregor1, Mar 26, 2009 IP
  9. freebets

freebets Peon

Best Answers:
    I always stay well clear of anything that has secret(s) in the title, but perhaps I'm just a cynic :rolleyes:

freebets, Mar 26, 2009 IP