1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEO - Explaned in Detail for Newbies

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by vengatowen, Mar 5, 2009.

SEO Explained

SEO is an acronym for "search engine optimization" or "search engine optimizer." SEO is when your website designer optimizes your website pages by using appropriate source code throughout the website so that search engines can easily index your website and improves the website's ranking. SEO techniques are used for improving your position when a search is carried out on a specific keyword or keyword phrase.

Types of optimization
    1. On - Page Optimization
    2. Off - Page optimization

On – Page Optimization:
    The area of search engine optimization that applies to the content and structure of the website
    itself.

Off-page Optimization:
    The area of search engine optimization that applies to building “back links” and “link popularity”

This information are collected from various sources in online. All I would strongly recommend to follow Google Guidelines & Instruction to have more benefit.

vengatowen, Mar 5, 2009 IP
    tentwenty likes this.
  2. Vic_mackey

Vic_mackey Banned

Best Answers:
    And in other breaking news - the world is round.

Vic_mackey, Mar 5, 2009 IP
    pipes likes this.
  3. tentwenty

tentwenty Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    And I thought DP members were nice?

Thanks for the great share! and puting this in a simple way for other newbies. This would be a great start for newbies and could decided where to start first.

Rep+

tentwenty, Mar 5, 2009 IP
  4. Vic_mackey

Vic_mackey Banned

Best Answers:
    Calling it a "great share" is a bit of a stretch. I was thinking more along the lines of "waste of bandwidth". There is absolutely no seo benefit to the post, and explains nothing of any value. If someone doesn't know what onpage optimisation is then they are in the wrong place. Yes I know everyone has to start somewhere but sorry this thread is just junk.

Vic_mackey, Mar 5, 2009 IP
    vengatowen likes this.
  5. vengatowen

vengatowen Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for criticising my post. Well I agree with you it is not having any information for you and ofcourse this post is absolutely for Newbies and who can't afford to go for hiring SEO professional.

I wonder how you are saying they are in the wrong place. The person who is interested in learning SEO will come to this "Search engine Optimization" sub-forum and they won't go for market place I hope.

vengatowen, Mar 5, 2009 IP