1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Review Copy Influencing the Review ?????????????????

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by mdvasanth86, Mar 1, 2009.

If you are getting a free review copy or a hugely discounted review copy in the BST forum , does that influence your review of the service/product?????????

There are reviews that i have read which discuss about the presentation, grammar :)rolleyes:), spelling :)rolleyes:), format of the file, writing style and other aesthetics of the product rather than enlightening others about the effectiveness of the product/method.:eek:

What's your say on this??

mdvasanth86, Mar 1, 2009 IP
  2. SiLvER

SiLvER Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have to say that 98% of the reviews I have seen are absolutely crap and meaningless.

Sure, I am deligthed to know that this awesome report that promises me a dream income of $200/day working 1 hour/day consists of 19 (HOLY CRAP, AMAZING!) pages and is in PDF format, it also includes images and a cool guide on how to install wordpress.

Go figure.

SiLvER, Mar 1, 2009 IP
  3. ActiveFrost

ActiveFrost Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well, what else you can say without disclosing the whole idea/method ?
    You said that you are sick of talking about file format - man, for example, I'm not using any of MS Word, Open Office app's, which means that I can accept only PDF files ! Would be nice to get a doc file, which I can't open :D

ActiveFrost, Mar 1, 2009 IP
  4. mdvasanth86

mdvasanth86 Notable Member

Best Answers:

I am not saying that it is wrong and shouldn't be done.Of course, it is good for all if you are telling us about the file format and size of the file and so on.But, that should be additional info, not the main info.

Check out the link:

http://viewer.zoho.com/

I am sure, there are many such online file viewers.:)

mdvasanth86, Mar 1, 2009 IP
  5. mdvasanth86

Best Answers:
    I think everyone is in the BST and those who are in this forum dont frequent BST forums :rolleyes:

mdvasanth86, Mar 2, 2009 IP
  6. Guttu

Guttu Peon

Best Answers:
    I got only two reviews so far and I highlighted all plus and minus I could. So I fall in other 2%

Guttu, Mar 2, 2009 IP
  7. mdvasanth86

Best Answers:
    I purchased a e-book in the BST.

What's the review copy all about:

I buy a e-book.I go through the E-book.I give my views on the E-book.Its pros and cons.How easy it is is?
    .. and other info about the E_book.

But what really happens in the BST is that...

FREE:

If you get a Free review... Most of us dont want to do anything against the guy who gave us the review copy for free and thus end up giving a biased review.You feel obliged for getting it free.

BUY:

If you spend money and buy the E-book, you know that the method is not going to work.But, since there are already some good reviews( of course from people who took free review copies), you dont want to go against it and look like a odd man out there rebelling and also you see that you can at least exchange an i-trader and thus leave it as such.

Now, seriously think about it.

This is what is happening in the BST forums.

mdvasanth86, Mar 6, 2009 IP