1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Joomla Options

Discussion in 'Joomla' started by Avatar7, Feb 27, 2009.

Have some questions as regards Joomla:

1) Can I make a third list beside the Section and Category ones so that when users submit an article, they can choose to submit it under : section and category and a third choice from the third list?

2)One of these lists would be countries of the world. However, this means I will need to create 200 or something different sections/categories. Is there a way around that like some plugin or something?

3)Better than both, is there an extension or way that can make the navigation in the form of drop-down lists rather than menus, so that the user can pick the options from 2 such lists that will take him to the appropriate articles, instead of having to choose form a menu and then from the list of categories that appear in the next page?

And if they aren't, are they available in Wordpress or Drupal?

Thanks

P.S: It seems you can't place same category under different sections. I needed this because actually the categories will be repeated under each section and I didn't want to recreate the same category names under each. Seems, Joomla is not flexible as regards this :(

2. Avatar7

Best Answers:
    Anyone got ideas?

SOmeone on the joomla forums suggested that I create the countries in an excel sheet and import the CSV file into the "Sections/Categories" table using phpmyAdmin. Sounds logical