1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google PR Update

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by kutekutta, Feb 24, 2009.

Hi all.

I know everybody is get very curious to start reading this thread because of Interested in "Big G PR". All of us should understand the purpose of PR. It is Just a part of Google and Page Rank denotes a site’s importance in the eyes of Google. If you seen any other specialties for your website please let me know.

While you searching in Google the first page results are not all High PR sites so why you worried about that ? PR does not help you to increase the SERP, site traffic, visitors and other stuffs.

Matt Cutt said, By the time you see newer PageRanks in the toolbar, those values have already been incorporated in how we score/rank our search results. So while you may be happy to see that the Google Toolbar shows a little more PageRank for a given page, it’s not as if that causes a change in search results at that point. So you won’t see any search engine result page (SERP) changes as a result of this PageRank export–those changes have been gradually baking in since the last PageRank export.

When you are doing a organic SEO automatically your site will get good SERP and your site get more organic traffic. That traffic will give more conversion rate in terms of sales.

If your website get more traffic automatically your PR will increase. so focusing on Good content and valuable links, improve the SERP's.

kutekutta, Feb 24, 2009 IP
  2. ajshah.shah

ajshah.shah Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah i agree with you but people tend to follow closely the updates of PR

ajshah.shah, Feb 24, 2009 IP
  3. bobchrist

bobchrist Active Member

Best Answers:
    "If your website get more traffic automatically your PR will increase. so focusing on Good content and valuable links, improve the SERP's".

That's really good point. thanks for sharing! :)

bobchrist, Feb 24, 2009 IP
  4. grabarz

grabarz Peon

Best Answers:
    But many people still pay attention on PR. I think that's because some SEO definitions are hard to understand, but PR has a simple explanation. Bigger PR = better.

grabarz, Feb 24, 2009 IP
  5. shabbirprince

shabbirprince Banned

Best Answers:

The high is the PR for a website, the more are the website links indexed on google and the more is the traffic.

So my opinion is, PR is always important

shabbirprince, Feb 24, 2009 IP
  6. spaghett1

spaghett1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Sooner or later you will end up thinking of improving your PR when you already have a nice traffic at your site.. PR improves when you got Traffic but when you gain more and more traffic but your PR doesn't move you will end-up editing this Thread...:D:D

spaghett1, Feb 24, 2009 IP
  7. sumit1710

sumit1710 Peon

Best Answers:
    everyone knows about that ..something new ??

sumit1710, Feb 24, 2009 IP
  8. kutekutta

kutekutta Peon

Best Answers:
    Could you please explain any advantage of PR than SERP ? I am waiting for your answer

I never said PR won't be useful, It would be useful when you are selling your link.

Initially we need a traffic and end of day we need a traffic so what will you do for that ?

9. bunbunx2

bunbunx2 Peon

Best Answers:
    page content , keyword, domain , url and inbound links are all considered factor on Google.

bunbunx2, Feb 24, 2009 IP
  10. John peterr

John peterr Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

I agree with you, the PR is only for the search engines and for the their algo

John peterr, Feb 24, 2009 IP
  11. ipluck

ipluck Peon

Best Answers:
    The inbound links have to be good pr right, so a pr0 wouldn't help a whole lot?

ipluck, Feb 24, 2009 IP
  12. evenues

evenues Active Member

Best Answers:
    Is PR even related to SERP results ?
    PR is all about inbound links.

evenues, Feb 24, 2009 IP
  13. rena

rena Peon

Best Answers:
    Yh PR is related bcz Google itself suggesting that high PR site having priority in SERP. THis is one factor also consider another like content and its quality, niche relevent, traffic etc...

I do not think PR based only on Inbound links

rena, Feb 24, 2009 IP
  14. DJMC

DJMC Peon

Best Answers:
    Build content, gain relevant do follow links, and you will rise in the SERPS with the PR to follow, lagging about 3-6 months behind the actual SERP gain.

In my case: I was PR 3 for nearly 15 months, but had been on top of Google for my KW since August '08. The actual PR increase (to PR 4) came on December 31st.

So in actuality-- I was receiving the benefits of the increase, even though it did not show on the PR score displayed by Google.

BOTTOM LINE: Focus on SEO, on page and off page....build links and have patience. When your SERP rises, after about 3-5 months expect a Gift From Google.

DJMC, Feb 24, 2009 IP
  15. kutekutta

kutekutta Peon

Best Answers:
    I could not agree with you. Our Keyword SERP are not based on PR. I was already mentioned in my thread please read it again. :D

16. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I believe it is inter-related. If you able to get higher PR, automatically your traffic will increase also.
    Both SERP and PR shall be run in parallel

lifeplayer, Feb 24, 2009 IP
  17. manish.chauhan

manish.chauhan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    PR doesn't make any impact in SERP..:)

manish.chauhan, Feb 24, 2009 IP
  18. kutekutta

kutekutta Peon

Best Answers:
    Matt Cutt said Google Toolbar shows a little more PageRank for a given page, it’s not as if that causes a change in search results at that point. So you won’t see any search engine result page (SERP) changes as a result of this PageRank export–those changes have been gradually baking in since the last PageRank export. :)

19. mit

mit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Focusing on good valuable content and quality links will definitely provide a good PR for a site.

mit, Feb 24, 2009 IP
  20. mokmok69

mokmok69 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I don't think PR will increase your traffic any ways PR0 will eventually increase in just 3-4 months if you build links well.

mokmok69, Feb 24, 2009 IP