1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Att: Ringtone Ads and Googl's New Policies!

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by neneman, Feb 13, 2009.

I recently received an email from Google Adwords regarding ringtone ad policies that states that you must now show the pricing and pricing interval in all text and banner ads that will run on the Adwords search or content networks! If they haven't already disapproved all of your ads, i hope this finds you well!

"...we will require text and image ads for these services to display the price and billing interval (such as per week or per month) in the ad text, e.g., '$5.99/month.' We will no longer accept text or image ads that don't contain the price and billing interval when promoting mobile content services..."

neneman, Feb 13, 2009 IP
  2. vesparich

vesparich Peon

Best Answers:
    It looks like they're cracking down on all rebilling offers. Thanks for the update.

vesparich, Feb 13, 2009 IP
  3. Aztral

Aztral Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wow! I was creating my keyword lists (and other dynamic stuff) to import into Adwords. This was very timely for me!
    Looks like I check out Yahoo now.

Too bad Google!

Aztral, Feb 13, 2009 IP
  4. mariya

mariya Peon

Best Answers:
    Ringtone offers are not categorized as re-bill offers.

Thankfully, Google has yet to enforce strict regulations on re-bill products for the time being.

mariya, Feb 14, 2009 IP
  5. freelikehell

freelikehell Active Member

Best Answers:
    I wonder why there is a ban on ringtone offers. Too many CPA activists or something?

freelikehell, Feb 16, 2009 IP
  6. neneman

neneman Peon

Best Answers:
    In an email from Google:
    "...We have given much consideration to our stance on the advertising of this content, incorporating concerns raised by users and discussions with the Florida Attorney General's office, and the potential effect our policy decision could have on AdWords advertisers..."

The creation of Google's new ringtone policies was persuaded by Florida's attorney general's efforts to crack down on these types of offers targeted to teens and young adults. To my knowledge Florida has laws exclusive to itself regarding age and signing up for these types of offers. There was even a civil lawsuit in the near past against a ringtone company. I'm sorry for being so vague but my knowledge is limited.

neneman, Feb 17, 2009 IP
  7. mariya

mariya Peon

Best Answers:
    You would have people greatly upset from the charges, and there was a case when a women sued Google themselves for allowing deceptive ringtone advertisements appearing.

mariya, Feb 18, 2009 IP
  8. kabita1

kabita1 Peon

Best Answers:
    ys, there is no such rebill rules ...

kabita1, Feb 18, 2009 IP