1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google search is Dying

Discussion in 'Google' started by Thakursahib, Feb 10, 2009.

I have been searching a lot on google. and i just dont like the results on my left page. right page do entice me. they are more query directed.

what we see on google search results are mostly the outcomes of some "seo" work.
    truth is website is real when it is raw. when we engage a seo, it disrupts the real content and the real website. they are deliberately telling the way their search engine work, to promote more and more SEO's.
    Google is trying hard to increase it's revenue on right page, by showing degraded results on left page (SEO done Sites). so they increase their profit.
    guys its time we come out of this fraudster matrix. and make google more accountable. i have a detailed study on "http://busini.wordpress.com/2009/02/11/google-a-fraudster/" guys we need to come out of this. and ask google to be more sensitive towards search engine. would love to have all your views on this.

Thakursahib, Feb 10, 2009 IP
  2. johndoe6

johndoe6 Peon

Best Answers:
    thats an interesting theory, i will check out your blog :)

johndoe6, Feb 11, 2009 IP
  3. Shellerz

Shellerz Active Member

Best Answers:
    I personally think Google PPC is dieing, not Google organic search. There are a lot of sites doing SEO now of course so it would'nt surprise me if Google would try to think of new ways to manipulate results, accordingly - however I'm yet to see solid evidence of this.

Shellerz, Feb 11, 2009 IP
  4. magda

magda Notable Member

Best Answers:
    People really have got to stop being so paranoid about google. Deliberately 'degrading results' to up their revenue?
    Give me a break.
    I've seen Google accused of every degree of corruption on here, from taking their PageRank away when they stopped using adwords or adsense, devaluing sites in serps when they are using adwords, giving penalties for newly targeted keywords so that people have to use adwords....and that's just the conspiracy theories that I can remember off the top of my head.
    If google is doing all that, it's the most corrupt business in the world - and yet nobody has the hint of a whiff of a smell of a shred of evidence!

magda, Feb 11, 2009 IP
    Jim4767 likes this.
  5. rbucich

rbucich Peon

Best Answers:
    I respectfully disagree in the sense that it is manipulated for revenue. That isn't in Google's best interest. Better quality results only builds users.

I do agree that for certain searches the results are disappointing. But for many searched the algo does a very good job. It largely depends on the particular keywords.

You are correct that aggressive SEO work can diminish the quality of a site. But once $$$ are tied to search results, c'est la vie.

rbucich, Feb 11, 2009 IP
  6. AmpedHosts

AmpedHosts Active Member

Best Answers:
    I do sort of agree with you Thakursahib, however Google is growing rapidly and with the amounts of spam they have, and everyone trying to make it to the top I think that they can't do much about that. You get a lot of crap when you try to find anything decent on google anymore.

AmpedHosts, Feb 11, 2009 IP
  7. anglefourfivemedia

anglefourfivemedia Banned

Best Answers:
    That is an interesting theory but I politely disagree.

Google's main product that they "sell" is their search results, which is 10x better than any search engine out there. If their search results were spammy nobody would use Google, and nobody would click on their search ads.

anglefourfivemedia, Feb 11, 2009 IP
  8. odls

odls Active Member

Best Answers:
    If Google`s dieing then there`s little hope for the rest of them.

The top results are in many cases no doubt due to the work by SEO companies. I`m sure though that many top results are due to the efforts of webmasters who`ve used proper techniques to get their search terms to the first page.

It isn`t perfect by any means, but it isn`t the leader for nothing.

odls, Feb 11, 2009 IP
  9. Rajaie

Rajaie Active Member

Best Answers:
    I haven't noticed that any of my recent searches turned up less than usual quality results?! I guess it really depends on what you search for.

For example, I'm sure there are some niches where even SEO would do you little good. The niches where others sites are so hugely established that it would simply be a waste of time to even try.

Just saying...

Rajaie, Feb 11, 2009 IP
  10. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    hands up anyone who doesn't think google are trying to diversify their main source of income away from that pesky tricky 'search engine' nonsense.

contentboss, Feb 11, 2009 IP
  11. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I am not among the conspiracy theorists who see evil motives in Google's strategies. I do see Google as sending about 1,200 qualified searchers to my website daily — a steady 52% to 53% of my total traffic. With entirely white-hat methods, I've put about 40 keywords into Google's first page results. I have no complaints about Google.

Jim4767, Feb 11, 2009 IP
  12. nincomnetwork

nincomnetwork Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think so google is credible search engine

nincomnetwork, Feb 11, 2009 IP
  13. sbouazza

sbouazza Peon

Best Answers:
    Google's Adwords system is dying, yes . Why ? click frauds, users ignore the ads ( even if they are blended ) etc...

And Pay Per Post IS THE solution to promote a product online, a sponsored blog post is better than a simple ad block which is ignored by the majority of the visitors . That's why Google is penalizing sites for doing paid reviews, their "paid links" and FTC excuses aren't relevant ...

sbouazza, Feb 11, 2009 IP
  14. abbaby_80

abbaby_80 Banned

Best Answers:
    i not agree from you guys,,, google is still best from others

abbaby_80, Feb 11, 2009 IP
  15. Thakursahib

Thakursahib Peon

Best Answers:
    Guys,
    we know Coke, and their secret formula. and we know google with their very open formula. which they have shouted over their heads.
    http://www.google.com/corporate/tech.html
    Why would google do something like that. to earn from that. maybe they never thought about this before. and the theory might have cam later into their head. but at present it is killing the search.
    imagine after few years, people with money will have their site Seo done. but the real thoughts the real content might be some where else. beyond Google search.

Thakursahib, Feb 11, 2009 IP
  16. rypher21

rypher21 Active Member

Best Answers:
    this is a good theory and observation...but i still don't believe that Google is dying..

rypher21, Feb 11, 2009 IP
  17. toxic321

toxic321 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    google will never die

toxic321, Feb 11, 2009 IP
  18. Gothrough

Gothrough Peon

Best Answers:
    Google dies? We should create separate threads part called "humor" and post this thread there.

Gothrough, Feb 12, 2009 IP
  19. Thakursahib

Thakursahib Peon

Best Answers:
    dude, i think we should either find facts or assumption to verify this or falsify this. rather than taking things lightly.
    we are been driven by the so called amazingly search engine. and like a herd we like to follow..??

Thakursahib, Feb 12, 2009 IP
  20. Gothrough

Gothrough Peon

Best Answers:
    People need google, google needs people's money. Endless circle. So google is immortal untill people exist.

Gothrough, Feb 12, 2009 IP