1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What percentage is a personal injury lawyer aloud to take?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by markpoll, Feb 10, 2009.

Depends on your contract. I've seen cases where they took 50% and cases where they took 10%. It all depends on the amount of risk involved and the amount of time and effort. Generally, they can take as much as you agree to. However, the bar association or court will slap their fee down if they feel the lawyer has taken a "disproportionate sum". Maybe NY has an exact % figure for that, but I don't know of any state that does.

markpoll, Feb 10, 2009 IP
  2. pdmac8

pdmac8 Member

Best Answers:
    In the UK, personal injury solicitors are allowed to charge their client a fee but most simply take their charges from the set Court Fees, which, in the event of the claimant winning, are paid by the defendant!

Therefore, no charge is made to the claimant and they keep all their compensation awarded by the Court.

Hence, why we have a lot of "No Win, No Fee" companies who only take PI cases they know they will win

Do you not have them in the US?

pdmac8, Feb 10, 2009 IP
  3. markpoll

markpoll Peon

Best Answers:
    I thanking you. to reply my answer. your answer will help me.

markpoll, Feb 16, 2009 IP
  4. waywesttrading

waywesttrading Peon

Best Answers:
    I've seen 40% as the norm right off the bat. If it's a case that won't go to trial, I'd try and negotiate a 33% fee.

waywesttrading, Feb 25, 2009 IP