1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New Clickbank Account - More Sales?

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by bl4ckmaN^, Feb 9, 2009.

I've been using the same CB account for more than a year now, and I'm just wondering, maybe if I make another one, it will experience less "problems" in terms of tracking and payment processing?

I got no idea why I'm thinking that way, but I've heard enough stories, when people were swaping their CB ids and then suddenly sales were coming back...

Your thoughts?

bl4ckmaN^, Feb 9, 2009 IP
  2. ashisharora_83

ashisharora_83 Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think that would solve the problem. After reading some threads on this topic, i also tried my other id but that didn't change anything.

ashisharora_83, Feb 9, 2009 IP
  3. digitalkev

digitalkev Peon

Best Answers:
    In my case, I did it. Made a new account because I stopped seeing action in my old account. So I did a new one. Sales started coming in again. But right after that I paused all my PPC campaigns due to $$$ problems.

You can test it for yourself, its free! and you can put the same billing and email as your old account.

digitalkev, Feb 9, 2009 IP
  4. web_18designer

web_18designer Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi mate, it is commonly believed that clickbank's fraud detection is set in such a way that if some fraud activity is experienced from hops of a particular affiliate - clickbank block all transaction for that affiliate for a period of time.

In this case the affiliate is considered as the source of the "fraud risk traffic" and therefore its logical to stop the payments linked to their source (Instead of blocking all transaction for a publisher).

So yes, some people have like 3-5 clickbank accounts and send hops randomly to them so whenever an account is flagged the others are not.

Lot of people use this and some really experience a huge difference.

web_18designer, Feb 9, 2009 IP
  5. bl4ckmaN^

bl4ckmaN^ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I've heard about that, and that's why I'm wondering whether it's worth to create another account, and send traffic there...

bl4ckmaN^, Feb 9, 2009 IP
  6. themanbeast9

themanbeast9 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I just created a new account in response to this thread. I'll update everyone next week if it works.

themanbeast9, Feb 9, 2009 IP
  7. markov

markov Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think it makes any difference. Scientifically, it shouldn't have any effect.

But in some cases, surely luck drives everything.

markov, Feb 9, 2009 IP
  8. natj

natj Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I had an account for 1 1/2 yrs that performed consistently till Nov last year. Since then, I saw the weekly earnings average drop from $800 to $300.

The last straw was when I saw 4 weeks of 0 sales. That's when I created a fresh account and directed all links to it.

Initially, there was nothing. Then I started seeing shades of 'normalcy' (I'm still testing to see if it holds up).

Though I'm not sure of all the factors involved, I believe it's better to change links between accounts, specially if a certain product (or set of products) is getting regular hits.

I saw one of my main earners go down in the 1st account even though the hits were constant. Sometimes, it can be as much market conditions as it is CB's own tracking & payment system.

natj, Feb 10, 2009 IP
  9. AffilateRook1

AffilateRook1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I had a charge back, waited like 4 hours switched the account then I hit my first sale within 5 minutes..

AffilateRook1, Feb 10, 2009 IP
  10. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think that would solve the problem either, just try to focus on promotion the product and good luck to you :)

Brandon Sheley, Feb 10, 2009 IP
  11. Robert25

Robert25 Peon

Best Answers:
    No doubt, Its difficult to believe.. These things are happening with clickbank.
    bl4ckmaN^, Please let us update if you take some action regarding to this issue.

Robert25, Feb 10, 2009 IP
  12. bl4ckmaN^

bl4ckmaN^ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I registered a new account yesterday...I usually get a steady amount of hops from a good product, so I'll test the new account till end of the week, and see what happens.

bl4ckmaN^, Feb 11, 2009 IP
  13. web_18designer

web_18designer Peon

Best Answers:

Scientifically, it makes a LOT of difference, in particular if you land lot of sales.

Luck is for those that dont want to see what is really happening under the clickbank hood...;)

web_18designer, Feb 11, 2009 IP
  14. NickE83

NickE83 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I personally have experienced some weird anomailies with CB, in the past when I was having a lot of sales, and then they just stopped for a few days for no apparent reason, I would change the TID, and quite often I would get a few sales right afterwards....

CB is a bit random in my opinion, and is not a network that I rely on, simply for that reason...

NickE83, Feb 11, 2009 IP
  15. wowhaxor

wowhaxor Banned

Best Answers:
    I have multiple accounts (one of them very new) and I haven't seen any conclusive trends (looked after reading this) that would indicate a fresh account = more sales.

wowhaxor, Feb 11, 2009 IP
  16. rashme

rashme Peon

Best Answers:
    Instead of changing new account , how about only changing the TID ? anyone can tell if it also works or not ?

:)

rashme, Feb 11, 2009 IP
  17. web_18designer

web_18designer Peon

Best Answers:
    The point lot of people are missing is that this change account thing works only when an account is flagged as high risk. This dosent mean that "all" accounts are flagged as problem accounts - in fact you need to have lot of sales for a chance to experience this.

So lets be realistic, if you have slow sales its probably your marketing efforts, competition, slow conversion and it can be lot of other things.

However, if you have been landing like 20 or more sales per day for months over various products and different niches. Then you suddenly start getting $xx/day, thers the possiblity that your account have been flagged....

As always, not because we have slow sales we blame clickbank, in most cases our marketing skills is to blame, but there are instances where clickbank is inconsistent as well - and when this happen many people generally experience this....

web_18designer, Feb 11, 2009 IP
  18. antantnz

antantnz Member

Best Answers:
    well said ... i totally agree, a lot of time is spent posting about potential clickbank problems, time that could be better spent promoting our sites and generating sales ....

at the same time, no bank is perfect especially not clickbank either so yes, sometimes it is at their end too ...

you've summed it up well :)

bl4ckman^, look forwards to your results, as this is something i've also often wondered about

antantnz, Feb 11, 2009 IP
  19. joshua t

joshua t Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think CB has problems at all, been working full time from home for 3 years now. CB being my primary source of income.

joshua t, Feb 11, 2009 IP
  20. Patchkaa

Patchkaa Peon

Best Answers:
    Good to see that some people here see my opinion as well. I don't think its clickbanks fault I think people use it as an excuse and fail to look into their own markleting strategies or consider other factors like competition, low conversions, less traffic and the list goes on.....

Patchkaa, Feb 11, 2009 IP