1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Create a unique thumbs up image and win $75 or $25 for second place via paypal

Discussion in 'Design Contests' started by proteindude, Feb 9, 2009.

Hi guys,

I need to create a unique image. Here are the requirements:

The image must be a hand with the thumbs up position.

On this thumbs up image you need to write the following city names: Sydney NSW, Port Kennedy WA, Seven Hills NSW, Adelaide SA, Perth WA, Rowville VIC, Broadbeach QLD, Launceston TAS, Karama NT, Weston ACT, Pyrmont NSW, Richmond VIC, Campsie NSW, Kingston TAS, Ashmore QLD

You can repeat the names of these cities above if you feel you need more text to fill up the image of the thumbs up.

PAY ATTENTION: I am not fully decided whether the thumbs up image should be a realistic one or whether it should be a drawing or just the outline shadow of a thumbs up hand. I think I will decide on this once submissions come in

The colours you need to use are red. You can even use an image of a hand (a realistic one) and then place the writing on it (the names of the cities above).

DO NOT submit just an image of a thumbs up hand. It must have the names of the cities imprinted unto it.

The idea with this is the image will be used to say people all over Australia are giving us (my business) the thumbs up.

Preferably this will be done in vector as it may be printed on a large image. However, I do accept other formats such as psd.

Any questions, please ask. I would like to close this contest in about 5 days though I may leave it open longer depending on how the contest progresses.

Prize: $75 to the winner and $25 to the second place Payment will be made via paypal.

Winner is guaranteed and you can see in ALL my contests I chose a winner and also offered feedback.

Good luck and thanks for entering this contest.

---

proteindude, Feb 9, 2009 IP
  2. offiri0

offiri0 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

offiri0, Feb 9, 2009 IP
    proteindude likes this.
  3. m3l1ssh4

m3l1ssh4 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    this one is from me
    [​IMG]
    the Australian flag is just my idea, if you don't like it i can't change it with solid colors you like..

m3l1ssh4, Feb 9, 2009 IP
    proteindude likes this.
  4. proteindude

proteindude Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    offiri0: thanks for getting this started. You're a talented dude and one of my all time favorite logos is the one you did for the cocoa beans. However, this one just doesn't grab me at all. It could be just a rough design to see which way you're going but it's just not professional enough and it needs to look more stylish, more "alive" somehow. So if you can I would like it if you tried again. Also if you do decide to try again, please make the image also have a part of the arm such as the wrist.

m3l1ssh4: thanks for the submission. It's got some potential, it's lively and yet not something I fully like. Using the Australian flag is certainly a great idea but I am not sure it will fully work. That is because even though the business is based in Australia the products the business sells are American made and New Zealand made. It's a nice hand but to improve it I would prefer to see some more red.

5. m3l1ssh4

m3l1ssh4 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    ok..thx..how about these then?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

m3l1ssh4, Feb 9, 2009 IP
  6. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    m3l1ssh4: thanks for the new submissions but not quite there. First of all let me say one thing: I am providing feedback and I am not requesting changes. It's up to you the designer whether or not you do those changes. I like the outline even though it looks a touch too "sharp" somehow for me and maybe it would need to have the edges softer a bit. Also the inside of the image the text doesn't seem to blend somehow. It may need to be simplified. Again, I'm not asking for changes I am just letting you know my thoughts. Just not there somehow.

7. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi guys,
    This is the first time I have ever done this and I am closing this contest. looks like very poor participation and perhaps the request is a little too hard to grasp.
    Therefore I am starting a new contest based on the same concept but with more of a logo design/feel. I am afraid that simply posting the new requirements in this thread may be confusing and therefore I am starting a new thread and hopefully offiri0 and m3l1ssh4 will be ok with this.

The new SIMPLIFIED contest has now moved here http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?p=10593904#post10593904

Hopefully it will get more designers interested and please do not post here anymore if you are interested but only post in the new contest.

proteindude, Feb 11, 2009 IP