1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How many links with the same anchor text in a link building campaign?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by BigSexy, Feb 1, 2009.

When you have to promote a new site, how many links do you create/buy with the same anchor text before passing to promote another anchor text?

10?
    100?
    1000?

I guess that a lot depends from the PR of the page in which you obtain the link, but I'd like to know some DPers strategies... :)

BigSexy, Feb 1, 2009 IP
  2. zexy

zexy Guest

Best Answers:
    It's not a good idea to promote one anchor text, then another one, etc.
    Promote 3-4-5-6 keywords at once this way the link building process looks more natural.
    In that case 10-100-1000 backlinks makes no difference at all. The more the better (ideally you have some old domain as well ;) ).

zexy, Feb 1, 2009 IP
  3. geoiss2004

geoiss2004 Guest

Best Answers:
    it depends on how popular a keyword is. is 50 enough? is 100 enough? guage it on that, but do try to mix them up to make it appear more natural.

geoiss2004, Feb 1, 2009 IP
  4. Camay123

Camay123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The more the better. Promote different keywords and different keywords version, like and singular.

Camay123, Feb 1, 2009 IP
  5. ss101

ss101 Member

Best Answers:
    I vary the anchor text a ton. if 1 get 1500 directory listings, I ger 40 or 50 variations of anchor text, with the key words changed around. Like - New york real estate, Real Estate and homes in New York NY, Houses and homes for sale in the new york area, Homes and MLS Listings NYC, New York Homes For Sale, www.mydomain.com, Realtor and Broker in New York City, Real Estate brokerage New York, etc... The more variations the better in my opinion. Once you have had an anchor text penalty, you will learn to really vary the anchor text to make the links look more natural.

ss101, Feb 2, 2009 IP
  6. vansterdam

vansterdam Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with zex and ss101....vary your link anchor text as you go! Do not get a whole bunch of links with one anchor text and then move onto the next keyword phrase. This will likely get you penalized. You want to make your link building llok natural. It does not look natural for your new links to all have the same anchor text. I like to rotate between 10 - 30 target keywords. Then as those rankings go up I rotate in more keywords and rotate some out that have good enough rankings.

vansterdam, Feb 2, 2009 IP
  7. linkpopularitymatters

linkpopularitymatters Guest

Best Answers:
    There is no such limit for anchor text but if one Anchor text phrase shows up an unnatural number of times in a back link profile, Google can indeed invoke a penalty on just that search term.

So, it’s better to vary anchor text in order to show your link building effort look natural in the eye’s of Google and rank high for different keywords to target wide range of audience.

For instance if you have 3 keyword (link building, link popularity, onewaylink building) to target and you are building 300 links weekly it’s wise to get 100 links for each keyword. By doing this you can optimize your site for three different keywords altogether.

linkpopularitymatters, Feb 3, 2009 IP
  8. primeelite

primeelite Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't believe in the hype of don't get too many backlinks with a targeted anchor text. I think this is another thought up thing people have come up with to do "SEO." It is just about making it look natural, so just vary a few keywords for your domain and unless you are building 500-1000 a day with that anchor text then you should be fine.

primeelite, Feb 3, 2009 IP
  9. jj1

jj1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Presumably it doesn't matter that my signature links from DP have the same anchor text? - I do vary the anchor text for signature links from other forums.

jj1, Feb 3, 2009 IP
  10. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    don't forget to use 'click here' as anchor text :)

contentboss, Feb 3, 2009 IP
  11. ~kev~

~kev~ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Keep an eye on your google webmaster tools, that will tell you how well your link building is going.

Inside your google webmaster tools is a spot called "what google bot sees". That list shows the most popular keywords used in links going back to your site. If you want to target a keyword, post as many links as required to get that keyword in the top 5 of that list.

But,,, if you start building links and targeting a keyword, it could take 3+ weeks before you see changes in your google webmaster tools.

Personally, I start off with at least 500 links with a certain key phrase in it. Then around another 500 links with another key phrase. I do not target a exact "keyword" its more like a combination of 2 or 3 words.

~kev~, Feb 3, 2009 IP
  12. purdue512

purdue512 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    All good advice here. You need your links to be natural... Variation is therefore important. Also, you want natural phrases like "at this site" and "here."

purdue512, Feb 3, 2009 IP
  13. Blue Delight Consultant

Blue Delight Consultant Banned

Best Answers:
    it's depand on your achor text.. how much traffic fly and what's the volume track on this particular keywords. link building no one only way to get ranking ..so that's calculation not work.

14. MarieO79

MarieO79 Peon

Best Answers:
    Using a large variety of anchor text is the best way to go. Using specific long tail keywords will help your rankings as well. Instead of a keyword such as "Shoes" I would put in "womens black boots size 7" this will be less competitive of a keyword to rank on.

MarieO79, Feb 3, 2009 IP
  15. ss101

ss101 Member

Best Answers:

Just wait till you get a penalty and YOU WILL believe!

as said by Contentboss, Click here for your keyword, is as natuaral as it gets.

ss101, Feb 3, 2009 IP
  16. Apice Internet

Apice Internet Peon

Best Answers:
    I do not think I have a exact number.
    At least until the # 1 think you should continue to build backlinks to your keyword.
    If more than 500 backlinks for a keyword is spam, I would already have been penalized.
    The important thing is not many links in one day.

Apice Internet, Feb 3, 2009 IP