1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Expired Domains - Beware!

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by domainbiz, Jan 21, 2009.

Expired Domains can have risks if you havent done your background research beforehand. That is why I suggest you go through these precautionary checks before buying.

Well all know that expired domains are domains which were previously owned by either a business/webmaster/blogger etc. This means they have history and could have some of the following problems:

1) Fake Pagerank - Before you go out and buy that 'apparent' pagerank 6 domain do a double check on its pagerank to make sure it authentic. The last thing you want to do is pay XXXX amount of dollars for a PR 6 domain only to find it was actually fake. Don't fall into this trap.

--------------------

2) Banned By Google SERP - Yes, Domains get banned by Google for a number for different reasons - and this could be why the domain has been dropped by the owner. Domain's that are banned from Google will not show up in the SERP.

-----------------

3) Banned From Showing Google Adsense - This has happened to me before. I purchased a SEO domain and found it was not banned from showing in the SERP but was banned from showing adsense! I found this out when i placed adsense on my site and it wouldn't show.

--------------------

4) History of a Domain
    No-one wants a domain with a suspicious history in what it was operating in (unless you are after those type of domains) so make sure you do a background check on what the previous site was about.

--------------------------

5) Backlinks pointing towards the domain
    By looking at the backlinks linking to the domain you can see what type of sites were linking to the domain in question. This will further give you an insight into what the previous site on the domain was about.

If you look into these factors before buying, then you can greatly reduce your chances of buying a domain which has a bad background/history.

domainbiz, Jan 21, 2009 IP
  2. proson

proson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ok, how do you know if a domain is banned by adsense?

I know how to check on backlinks, history, SERP, page rank, there are tools as well, but adsense? actually does google ban a domain and not an account?

proson, Jan 22, 2009 IP
  3. seotalk

seotalk Banned

Best Answers:
    Same question hear...anybody can help?

seotalk, Jan 22, 2009 IP
  4. raghul

raghul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    as far as i know only the account that is being used for adsense are banned from adsense not the whole domain....

raghul, Jan 22, 2009 IP