1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

ISP (You Telecom) Charging Different Rates to Different Customers

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by sachin410, Jan 4, 2009.

I have a 192 kbps internet connection from You Telecom.

The ISP is charging me Rs 650 + taxes.

I visited their site a few days back and noticed that the rate for 192 kbps connection is Rs 450 per month.

I contacted the support and asked them why I was being charged Rs 650 when the site had mentions Rs 450 as the rate for 192 kbps connection.

The support told be that the Rs 450 plan is different from Rs 650 plan.

I asked them what's the difference?

The reply was that there is no difference expect that UN650 is at Rs 650 per month and UN450 is at Rs 450 per month.

So I am being charged Rs 200 extra each month because I have "UN650" connection and others are paying Rs 450 for exactly the same service because they have "UN450" plan....:mad:.

The ISP should have reduced rates for all customers if it reduced rates for the plan.

Instead it created a new name for the 192 kbps plan and is still billing the older customers at higher rates...:mad:.

Scoundrels.

sachin410, Jan 4, 2009 IP
  2. Zerosleep

Zerosleep Established User

Best Answers:
    Chillax mate, time to change ur ISP it seems Tata Broadband is good IMHO I'm using it for last 1 year without many problems ;)

Zerosleep, Jan 4, 2009 IP
  3. cchetanonline

cchetanonline Banned

Best Answers:
    If you have BSNL exchange near you call them , UL750 plan if best for webmasters,
    its 318kbps/ 750+12.5 tax
    Unlimited bandwidth

cchetanonline, Jan 4, 2009 IP
  4. deluxdon

deluxdon Catch Me If You Can...!!!™ Staff

Best Answers:
    Why don't you tell them to change your plan from UN650 to UN450 so now onwards no need to pay extra 200 Rs. for that :rolleyes:

DON.

deluxdon, Jan 4, 2009 IP
  5. sachin410

sachin410 Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    firstly, there is a charge for changing plans.

secondly, I won't get back the extra charges that I have paid in the past.

thirdly, I talked a lawyer and he said such a practice is illegal. (It is known as "Price Discrimination" in legal terms).

the company is talking advantage of the fact that it costs money for an existing customer to change plan/ISP...:mad:. and thus making existing customer pay a higher price.

sachin410, Jan 4, 2009 IP