1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Corruption in DMOZ continues

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by gworld, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Awhile back I started a thread about the corruption in DMOZ and how the senior editors were selling links in scriptlance which you can see here:

Buy DMOZ links from Editors.

A lot of editors got angry since the competition was pushing the price of DMOZ links to $40-$50 range but now it seems they have finally agreed that the price should be $100 and they continue the business as usual.

Buy DMOZ links in scriptlance.

In another thread that was locked by moderator, they asked me for proof of corruption in DMOZ, do you need more? ;):D

gworld, Jan 1, 2009 IP
    sainshea and popotalk like this.
  2. makrhod

makrhod Peon

Best Answers:
    Well yes.
    It is amazing that some idiots continue to offer payment for a listing which is free, but that certainly doesn't mean that any editors are silly enough to take the bait.

On the other hand, if anyone has actual evidence of editors who do accept bribes, it should be presented through the proper channels, rather than via vague and inflammatory innuendo.

makrhod, Jan 1, 2009 IP
  3. jimnoble

jimnoble Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That project shows evidence of a corrupt website owner and three (so far) respondents who don't even seem to be claiming to be ODP editors. Where's the proof of wholesale senior editor corruption in that? Did you even bother to read their profiles?

You are, of course, aware that most such respondents aren't editors. They're just civilians who'll suggest the website and claim the money if it's listed within the timescale. It's a percentage game for little effort.

<Those typing lessons are working :)>

jimnoble, Jan 1, 2009 IP
    popotalk likes this.
  4. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Don't you see the editors who are bidding $100 for the job? :rolleyes:
    Look at the old thread, when editors who were bidding had a very good reputation for completing the job and getting paid. :rolleyes:

gworld, Jan 1, 2009 IP
  5. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    How do you know they are not editors? Should we take your word because of your "honesty" as your past actions in this forum has shown? :rolleyes:

quote from green rep that I got.

"this indeed is enough proof of corruption"

gworld, Jan 1, 2009 IP
  6. jimnoble

Best Answers:
    How do you know that they are?

You're the one making accusations and the burden of proof rests upon you.

jimnoble, Jan 1, 2009 IP
  7. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Because as it is shown in previous thread, they can list sites in different categories (requires senior editors) and they have completed the job and got paid as the customer reviews shows. ;)

With waiting time in DMOZ as it is, it requires a very very very lucky person to submit sites to 10 different categories and get all of them listed if the person is not a senior editor . :rolleyes:

gworld, Jan 1, 2009 IP
  8. sineater213

sineater213 Banned

Best Answers:
    the real question here is who cares and what can you do about it? corruption is bound to happen anywhere and that's a fact when a person has a position with power over time they will corrupt. Should you really go to the extent of making threads and accusing them? I mean sure expose them but nagging isn't going to do anything if you really want to do something about it (don't know why you do) then contact the admins at dmoz.

sineater213, Jan 1, 2009 IP
  9. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    LOL. :D

Who do you think sell the links? A simple editor in a category that nobody cares about? :rolleyes:

The corruption in DMOZ is systematic and organizational, if they had any intention of stopping it then they would have done it long time ago. The only way left is to expose them in public. ;)

gworld, Jan 1, 2009 IP
  10. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    For those who are still not convinced, here is more examples of editors selling links. No wonder DMOZ editors get so upset when there is a talk of no follow links. It seems being DMOZ senior editor is still a thriving business. ;):D

The editor who bid on this is very greedy and wants $250, doesn't he/she know the price is $100? :rolleyes:

Wow. $100/month, no wonder editors are going crazy and 53 of them bidding for the project, this is almost the total number of active senior editors. :D

Buy DMOZ listings from ODP editors.

gworld, Jan 1, 2009 IP
  11. jimnoble

Best Answers:
    That looks more like a list of corrupt website owners to me.

jimnoble, Jan 1, 2009 IP
  12. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    No one is as blind as a man who doesn't want to see. :rolleyes:

I suppose it is not strange that as someone involved in a corrupt organization, you would like to ignore all the facts but other people here can see it clearly. ;)

gworld, Jan 1, 2009 IP
  13. maxerg

maxerg Peon

Best Answers:
    What kind of a percentage game is that? A percentage of 0,00000001%?

Why don't you accept the fact that DMOZ can be corrupted?

maxerg, Jan 1, 2009 IP
    gworld likes this.
  14. makrhod

makrhod Peon

Best Answers:
    Exactly my thoughts.
    I guess it is difficult to accept that people can claim to be editors despite providing no evidence of having an account, and it is rather sad how easily they manage to trick you and others.
    So far, all you are doing is exposing more and more stupid webmasters.

But yet again I repeat: if anyone has actual evidence of editorial corruption, please provide it. Mere innuendo is puerile and purposeless.

makrhod, Jan 1, 2009 IP
  15. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    The only thing that you are doing is to prove that either you are stupid or you assume that people here are stupid. You can check the bidders reviews by other customers. They have got the sites listed and they have got paid. Are you claiming that people to go through so much trouble of opening accounts as fake customers and bidders, send money through this job sites and lose money for commissions just to show DMOZ is corrupt? :rolleyes:

You and your friends in DMOZ are exposed and more you pretend that you don't see the corruption, it becomes more and more obvious how deep rooted and organizational the corruption is. ;):)

gworld, Jan 1, 2009 IP
  16. Caesar1

Caesar1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I had an account with getafreelancer.com for seo work and web design, nobody could get my site listed, they only offered help with my submission to the DMOZ directory. could some editors be charging for a listing, probly, but corruption in DMOZ is small and its just a matter of time before they are cought. every large entity has corruption from governments to the United Nations. I thought corruption in DMOZ was wide spread till I became an editor, most of the editors are nice people short handed doing the best job they can do with what they have. maybe DMOZ should setup a sting operation to if there are editors selling links.

Caesar1, Jan 1, 2009 IP
  17. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    So let me understand, you tried to buy a listing from editors and when you couldn't then you became editor. :rolleyes:

Isn't DMOZ policy to ban the sites of people who try to buy listings? I understand that you have discovered that the way to advancement in DMOZ is to kiss *** but I think you just shoot yourself in the foot. ;) :D

gworld, Jan 1, 2009 IP
  18. Caesar1

Caesar1 Peon

Best Answers:
    No I asked some that replied to my articles submission work if they could do it because some that replied had also posted to other requests for listings in DMOZ. as far as them being editors I really had no clue. I'm not going to pay for a listing on DMOZ

kiss ***, my site is listed why would I kiss ***??? my whole goal was my intrest in sites in my field since I look for new sites everyday anyways.

Caesar1, Jan 1, 2009 IP
  19. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    This is very different from your previous post and even a blind can see it. Back paddling, are we? ;):D

gworld, Jan 1, 2009 IP
  20. Caesar1

Caesar1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I had posted for seo work with a price, people that replied I asked if they could get my site listed on DMOZ just to see if it was easy like some people think. I looked at those people who replied past jobs done who replied to the jobs for a listings in DMOZ and none of them could. now you can twist my posts as much as you like but facts are the facts.

Caesar1, Jan 1, 2009 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.