1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Don't Buy Those $97 Adsense Ebooks

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by manateemedia, Jul 29, 2006.

I've gotta say, just in case anyone new comes along and is tempted to buy one of those adsense ebooks you see online, don't buy them. I think you can learn everything you need to know here and at webmaster world's forums as well.

They are full of affiliate links and will likely not pay you if you try to sell the ebooks as an affiliate. I'm probably preaching to the choir, but had to say it. :D

manateemedia, Jul 29, 2006 IP
  2. xuyibiz

xuyibiz Banned

Best Answers:
    thanks for your information.

xuyibiz, Jul 29, 2006 IP
  3. chachacallis

chachacallis Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thats alot of money to pay for a e-book, you can get some of the same information for free.

chachacallis, Jul 29, 2006 IP
  4. qwestcommunications

qwestcommunications Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I wonder what made them price it $97 rather than say $99. Their pricing is as peculiar as their motives.

qwestcommunications, Jul 29, 2006 IP
  5. ronmojohny

ronmojohny Active Member

Best Answers:
    I disagree. I bought several adsense e-books, and by making 1 simple change, I increased my CTR by 400% .. (which equals thousands of $$$ extra every month) I have yet to see that perticular tip on any of the above mentioned forums. (and I have searched alot) if you can get even 1 idea that makes you money, and is not on a forum, then it's worth it. (a few weren't worth it, but that's the chance you take)

ronmojohny, Jul 29, 2006 IP
  6. cjshu

cjshu Peon

Best Answers:
    You can get the info on forums and searching online, but if you would rather have all the info together in one document it sure speeds things up. And you can always reference it later. If you buy one of these ebooks and get 1 good thing out of it then its worth it in my opinion.

I learned everything I know from trial and error and reading on forums. There are so many of these "make moiney on adsense" programs and ebooks for sale out there it makes my head spin. Personally I have never bought one of these $97 adsense ebooks, but I did buy Joel Comms book on Amazon for $15. Im glad I did.

CJ

cjshu, Jul 29, 2006 IP
  7. adwordaffiliate

adwordaffiliate Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are books out there that are worth buying, you just need to know which ones are a scam & which ones will actually tell you something useful.

adwordaffiliate, Jul 29, 2006 IP
  8. manateemedia

manateemedia Peon

Best Answers:
    Let me guess...images above the ads?

manateemedia, Jul 29, 2006 IP
  9. cormac

cormac Peon

Best Answers:
    hahaha and you wont see that tip on a year old DP thread ;)

cormac, Jul 29, 2006 IP
  10. Cryogenius

Cryogenius Peon

Best Answers:
    I've found a few eBooks on P2P networks... and worth every penny ;)

Cryogenius, Jul 29, 2006 IP
  11. Sohan

Sohan Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey,

I've spent over $200 in the past 2 weeks on e-books, and $300 from software in those mailing lists.

I went from $0 a month to $10 a day. My site traffic has picked up from the SEO tools. Take a look vip-surf.in/stats.

Regards,
    Sohan.

Sohan, Jul 29, 2006 IP
  12. ZachG

ZachG Peon

Best Answers:
    Charging for free knowledge is old hat.

Everything in those books is available for free on here and other sites across the net.

:rolleyes:

ZachG, Jul 29, 2006 IP
  13. agnivo007

agnivo007 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have never fallen to the trap of such online junks

agnivo007, Jul 29, 2006 IP
  14. bluefox21

bluefox21 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i have been looking for ebooks all over the web, and every single ebook that i saw at ridiculously high prices, i got them for free from other side. Even all the info of "the rich jerk" e-book....

bluefox21, Jul 29, 2006 IP
  15. o2pb

o2pb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ebooks are basically scams. Why would someone who claims to "know the google secret" give the info away when they can just hoard it, and reap the benefits alone!?

I read 2 ebooks.... most of the stuff I already knew, and whatever I didn't I found on these forums.

o2pb, Jul 29, 2006 IP
  16. Kokaroach

Kokaroach Peon

Best Answers:
    There IS a market out there for products like this, and people buy them over and over again. Millions are being made.

Don't knock the market just because the products don't appeal to you. Many people buy them and are quite happy with what they get.

Paul

Kokaroach, Jul 30, 2006 IP
  17. whitespider

whitespider Peon

Best Answers:
    Seems like we see both side of the coin here.

You CAN get all the info' in the ebooks from online sources and in forums etc BUT you would have to know what you were looking for and it does take time.

When I started adsense many years ago I bought all the ebooks and although most had duplicate content and a lot of rubbish in them I DID learn a lot.

As I tend to spend around the $10k a month mark on advertising (for my product sites not adsense revenue sites) then a few hundred bucks on ebooks is a little outlay for potentially some good return.

My own opinion is that knowledge is vital to be succesful and I will read just about everything that gets put out (within reason). If I pick up one tip per 3 books then its usually worthwhile in the long run.

For what it's worth though - you can get ALL the tips in the world about Adsense and whether its from ebooks or DP you will NOT make a fortune unless you have high traffic volumes and that is usually the one thing they DONT tell you how to do.

I would be more inclined to concentrate on content/traffic than on whether or not you use "this size Ad" or "that colour scheme". AFTER you have the traffic just use trial and error to find what works best for you. At the end of the day THAT is what will make you money.

For example everyone tells you to "blend" Ads but I have some sites where blending has a negative effect and where making ads "stand out" (like the Ad at the top of the page on DP) works much better.

There is NO definitive answer - it can be different per page let alone per site.

TRY lots of things and KEEP RECORDS!!

whitespider, Jul 30, 2006 IP
  18. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Pretty much, it goes for most internet marketing ebooks out there. Most are a waste of money and lack real substance.

dcristo, Jul 30, 2006 IP
  19. Holidayclub

Holidayclub Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your information...

Holidayclub, Jul 30, 2006 IP
  20. designerhandbags

designerhandbags Guest

Best Answers:
    I was always wonderinge about these ebooks...

I immagine the authors of these books get their knowledge from free boards like digitalpoint and then selling it for too high a fee.

designerhandbags, Jul 30, 2006 IP